Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 21, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #16,231 of 63,836
  Maybe, I am treble sensitive and don't like harsh highs, but I don't find ZSTs to be comfortable when I wear them for extended periods of time. I ordered ZS3 from gearbest as it is just $10. I know that they are not going to be as detailed and clear as the ZSTm but I hope I will like them. They are getting good praise on these threads.

People are also saying I have the same problem as you, I think we will like our ZS3s better. :)

Feb 21, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #16,232 of 63,836
  People are also saying I have the same problem as you, I think we will like our ZS3s better. :)

I hope so too!

I've been trying to find iems (<$25) that sound less bright than the ZSTs & have a gentle, non-fatiguing signature, but with good bass and decent clarity for some time now. Some of the other recommendations that I got till now are KZ ED7, KZ ED10, KZ ED3c (blue or red, not silver), Joyroom E103, Tennmak Pro, Kinera BA-05,etc. I thought I should start my search with the well-received and cheap ZS3s.

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #16,233 of 63,836
So i got my ZST 3 days ago. I like it. The soundstage is pretty wide, and the detail and clarity is perfect. It's just that it lacks a punch in the bass, it has more of a rumbling kind of bass.
So, if i want to keep the treble/clarity from the ZST and a more punchy bass, which KZ should i try next?
Also how does the ED9 or ED7 compared to ZST?

Cheers.

Feb 21, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #16,234 of 63,836
I hope so too!

I've been trying to find iems (<$25) that sound less bright than the ZSTs & have a gentle, non-fatiguing signature, but with good bass and decent clarity for some time now. Some of the other recommendations that I got till now are KZ ED7, KZ ED10, KZ ED3c (blue or red, not silver), Joyroom E103, Tennmak Pro, Kinera BA-05,etc. I thought I should start my search with the well-received and cheap ZS3s.

Monoprice 8320, Vivo xe800, urbanfun

Feb 21, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #16,235 of 63,836
  Wow... haven`t seen so bad ATE impressions. Which version did You get? S or 5th gen? 
Almost seems like You have a bad unit. What is Your source gear and what tips are You using? Maybe bad fit causes problems.

I got the 5th gen from gearbest. I am using my oneplus x phones' dac. Is it possible to prove that I got a faulty unit?

Feb 21, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #16,236 of 63,836
I hope so too!

Just go for the ED7s because they're definitely the cheapest of the bunch.

You're looking at $7~$10 depending where you buy. That's practically lunch money for an earphone without much to complain about. IMO, they have the perfect sound signature. But most people here who lust for treble will disagree.

Feb 21, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #16,237 of 63,836
So i got my ZST 3 days ago. I like it. The soundstage is pretty wide, and the detail and clarity is perfect. It's just that it lacks a punch in the bass, it has more of a rumbling kind of bass.
So, if i want to keep the treble/clarity from the ZST and a more punchy bass, which KZ should i try next?
Also how does the ED9 or ED7 compared to ZST?

Cheers.

The ED9 packs some bass (it punches hard). It's kinda boomy and works well with EDM. The ED7 is much lighter in the bass, but you can still hear it and feel it. 

If you like the ZSTs, I think you should avoid the ED7s because you may find them dull. They don't have that boosted treble shine. They just have decent treble. 

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #16,238 of 63,836
ED9s do have quite recessed mids though, so that might be something to keep in mind. I like my vocals so I don't find myself using the ED9 very often.

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #16,239 of 63,836
ED9s do have quite recessed mids though, so that might be something to keep in mind. I like my vocals so I don't find myself using the ED9 very often.

Yeah! The ED9s have artificially boosted treble, recessed mids and boomy bass. The ED9s sound so thin. They make most folk/rock/indie music sound...off. I immediately hated these earphones upon first listen. But I can see why people like them, especially with electronic music. 

With that in mind, you should really give the ED7s a try. They're awesome for vocal music and rock. 

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #16,240 of 63,836
I've got way too many IEMs at the moment.  Maybe after a couple start dying...

Happily using my KZ ZS3 at the moment.  Really liking the sound signature.  Warm and smooth.

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #16,241 of 63,836
  I hope so too!

Zs3 would be a good place to start. From your description, i feel zs3 shall cater all your requirements. I had recently ordered a zs3 for my friend and after having a listen, i ordered one for myself. It costed me just about $8 in gearbest.

Regards,
Nick

Feb 22, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #16,242 of 63,836
I've got my ZST's connected to xduoo x3 using kz silver cable. With some tweaking they sound great in the bass range. Try reducing the 1000/2000 EQ range as I found them to be too bright in this area. Also changed the buds to softer kz zs2 buds which are more comfortable and give better isolation. Not sure if the ZS3's would sound any better ?

Feb 22, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #16,243 of 63,836
The ED9 packs some bass (it punches hard). It's kinda boomy and works well with EDM. The ED7 is much lighter in the bass, but you can still hear it and feel it. 

If you like the ZSTs, I think you should avoid the ED7s because you may find them dull. They don't have that boosted treble shine. They just have decent treble. 

How is the ZS3 compared to ED9 guys? But i heard some ppl have a hard time fitting them.

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #16,244 of 63,836
I went with the ZST instead. Just shipped out a few hours ago, hopefully they'll be here in the next few days. 
I'll make another post comparing them to the Xiaomi Hybrids when they arrive. 
Hopefully they don't disappoint!

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #16,245 of 63,836
How is the ZS3 compared to ED9 guys? But i heard some ppl have a hard time fitting them.

ZS3 isn't nearly as V shaped compared to the ED9 with stock tips. ZS3 brings out more vocals and the treble isn't has harsh. Less midbass but more subbass. ZS3 is the way to go imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back