Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 22, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #16,247 of 63,966
How bout the fitting? If you have the ZST is it harder to fit?

I find ZST easier to fit than ZS3. I use Comply T400 Medium (foam tips) on both.

Feb 22, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #16,249 of 63,966
The ZS3 fits my ear like a glove on a hand. But I can see how it might not fit for everyone's ears. It really depends on the shape of your ear.

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #16,250 of 63,966
The ZS3 is supposedly copying some other IEM (shape-wise) that was the average shape of like 100 human ears or something like that.

Basically it should fit MOST people quite well, and indeed it fits me well.  The ZST also fits me well though, and I prefer the sound on that, so they are now my daily drivers.

Feb 23, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #16,251 of 63,966
Do the housing make it harder to fit? Cause the ZS3 have that custom-like shape, with that much curve. Also, how the sound change with the foam tips?

ZST is smaller than ZS3, in my ears it fits better than ZS3.
I cannot get a good fit with silicone tips, L-M or S, they don't stick in my ear canal.
So i have to "stick" with foam tips.

Feb 23, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #16,252 of 63,966
The ZS3 fits my ear like a glove on a hand. But I can see how it might not fit for everyone's ears. It really depends on the shape of your ear.

The ZS3 is supposedly copying some other IEM (shape-wise) that was the average shape of like 100 human ears or something like that.

Basically it should fit MOST people quite well, and indeed it fits me well.  The ZST also fits me well though, and I prefer the sound on that, so they are now my daily drivers.

Ok, now im confused whether to get ED9 or ZS3. Which one is more punchy and brighter? 

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #16,254 of 63,966
  Yea, me too. I had to throw away the ZST stock tips, cant get a good seal from them.

Don't the ZST come with "starline" tips that most people recommend on here though for the ATR and such?

Ok, now im confused whether to get ED9 or ZS3. Which one is more punchy and brighter? 

ED9 with the stock nozzles without a doubt.  Much more V shaped.

Feb 23, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #16,256 of 63,966
How bout the fitting? If you have the ZST is it harder to fit?

Everyone's ear canal is different so it's hard to say. But in my case, I found that none of the stock tips that came with the ZST provided a proper seal. Also, I feel that the stock tips that come with the ZST are too stiff and are of a low quality. I tried many other tips from my other earphones and even bought the large Auvio tips. Finally, I found that the Mee eartips that came with one of their bluetooth earphones fit me the best as they are soft, high-quality and provide an excellent seal. So, I guess you can try different tips if you find the stock tips don't fit you well.

Feb 23, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #16,257 of 63,966
Hey, OOT, how's the T50RP sounds? Is it good a planar considering the price?

Considering it's one of the cheapest planar headphones, it's pretty good. Comfort leaves a little to be desired so you will probably need to spend extra on pads and maybe a headband. The sound does feel a little bit congested switching between my HD 6XX and the T50RP though - that is the best way I can put it. The MK3s are clear but soundstage and separation leave a little to be desired.

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #16,259 of 63,966
Considering it's one of the cheapest planar headphones, it's pretty good. Comfort leaves a little to be desired so you will probably need to spend extra on pads and maybe a headband. The sound does feel a little bit congested switching between my HD 6XX and the T50RP though - that is the best way I can put it. The MK3s are clear but soundstage and separation leave a little to be desired.

Plana made me curious, do you think T50RP will be a good place to start?

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #16,260 of 63,966
  Plana made me curious, do you think T50RP will be a good place to start?

While it can sound phenomenal after modding, I personally found it to be quite dull stock.  It's been awhile however, so take it for what it's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back