Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 20, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #16,201 of 63,966
  Just cut out the metal wire in the ZS3 cable then if you don't want the bendy portion.

I wished I done that earlier, my metal wire is rusting :frowning2:

Don't know but I doubt it, balanced cables are still a fairly niche segment.  I'm surprised KZ came out with removable cables in the first place at this price level!

To each his own but my only problem with KZ is the removable cables. I'm on my second set of ZS3 and experiencing poor connection on my left earbud. Otherwise very happy with the ZS3, much better and easier to drive than the ATR I have too.

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #16,202 of 63,966
Hey guys.
Can anyone suggest a KZ iem to replace my Xiaomi Hybrids (they aren't the Pro HD). Sadly my hybrids are wearing down from the wire. I was thinking about the KZ ATE or the KZ ZST.
The thing I like about my Xiaomi hybrids is the clearness and punchy bass. I like to listen to a lot of rap/hip-hop and occasionally some classical. Which of the two KZ, come close for my preference?

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #16,203 of 63,966
Hey guys.
Can anyone suggest a KZ iem to replace my Xiaomi Hybrids (they aren't the Pro HD). Sadly my hybrids are wearing down from the wire. I was thinking about the KZ ATE or the KZ ZST.
The thing I like about my Xiaomi hybrids is the clearness and punchy bass. I like to listen to a lot of rap/hip-hop and occasionally some classical. Which of the two KZ, come close for my preference?
i think kz ate

Feb 20, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #16,206 of 63,966
I thought the ATR is the successor of ATE. If that is the case then ATR is better right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What sounds better to you depends on your personal preferences, ear anatomy, source gear etc. ATR isn't "better", it's just different from ATE.

Feb 20, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #16,211 of 63,966
I have a question about the Zst
Are the black ones
http://m.gearbest.com/on-ear-over-ear-headphones/pp_533515.html
And different from the colorful ones?
http://m.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_598797.html

There was 1 revision of the black ones that was different ( the first one)  but nobody has reported getting a first revision iem in quite a long while.
So only if you happen to get the first revision

Feb 20, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #16,212 of 63,966

There was 1 revision of the black ones that was different ( the first one)  but nobody has reported getting a first revision iem in quite a long while.
So only if you happen to get the first revision

I'm looking for something with punchy bass and clarity, similar to the Xiaomi Hybrids (Gen 4). Would these be similar or better? If not, what other KZ IEMs are similar?

Feb 20, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #16,213 of 63,966
  I'm looking for something with punchy bass and clarity, similar to the Xiaomi Hybrids (Gen 4). Would these be similar or better? If not, what other KZ IEMs are similar?

The ZST isnt your IEM. it's got good clarity but the bass is not punchy.. it's rumbly... maybe the HDS3? It doesnt have as much clarity but sounds pretty good in terms of bass response.

Feb 20, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #16,215 of 63,966
  I've should have a MEMT X5 soon, looking forward to it!

Great!.....Can't wait to hear some of your comments on the Chinese IEM thread. Cheers!  
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back