Klipsch's NEW line of Reference X IEMs (X6i, XR8i, X12i, X20i)
Jun 16, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #91 of 167
Weird thing is that only 1 store on ebay and 2 stores on amazon are selling at that sale price of USD 110 off....the rest are still at USD 549.
I still have to add approx USD 80 to ship to Singapore....Our stores here selling at SGD 999 (USD 740).
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/itshow/brochure/klipsch/#.V2Nxuvl95pg

Jun 30, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #92 of 167
The sale on these ends today, apparently. I'm not sure if I'm gonna pick up the X20s, I'm considering the Westover W20. There's a Bluetooth cable for those, making it more versatile.

Jun 30, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #93 of 167
The sale on these ends today, apparently. I'm not sure if I'm gonna pick up the X20s, I'm considering the Westover W20. There's a Bluetooth cable for those, making it more versatile.

I bought the X20s a week ago, I thought they sounded great at the time. However, i tried the Hifiman RE-400, and they actually sound clearer and have more soundstage than the X20i's. The X20 does sound better than the X10, but not at all much better to justify its 549 price. Not to mention the RE-400 is only $79.

Jun 30, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #94 of 167
I bought the X20s a week ago, I thought they sounded great at the time. However, i tried the Hifiman RE-400, and they actually sound clearer and have more soundstage than the X20i's. The X20 does sound better than the X10, but not at all much better to justify its 549 price. Not to mention the RE-400 is only $79.

It sounds to me like you're learning what signature you prefer. It's not that the RE-400 is better than the X20, it's that your ears like a brighter balance. Knowing this, you can now find upgrades that possess your ideal signature. I'd suggest giving the Noble Savant a try.

I prefer a warmer sound. Not dark, but just warm of neutral. I always try and buy equipment that fits my tastes as to render optimal happiness.

Jun 30, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #95 of 167

I might have missed it but were these verified legit since you mentioned getting off eBay store?

Jun 30, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #96 of 167
I might have missed it but were these verified legit since you mentioned getting off eBay store?

Yes the store I got them from is called World Wide Stereo, and they are an authorized Klipsch dealer.

Jun 30, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #97 of 167
My input on the X12i.......

You should know that  I am a tough sell. With a trained ear or two. if that makes sense? So - I got them today. I spent my day intently listening. I LOVE THESE! 1st thing I heard was the low end, not loud but just right and very life like, I would say quick (fast) and solid.Then I was awakened by the mid's, clarity is their name. OK, I know the "Experts" say that the highs are slightly weak. I totally disagree! These things are just musically flat. So you miss NOTHING. Do not get me talking about the presents of the instruments or vocals simply wonderful. I thought the whole sound stage was right up front and wide, very defined. I started my day listening to my portable player with my old ear buds. Then I played the same DVD audio  at the same volume with the X12Is - WOW it was like I walked up to the stage where before (old buds) I think I was in the other room. I have fallen IN LOVE with my music again!   One more thing - people are right - These did block out room noise effectively and they stayed in the ear even with my over-sized (huge) ear canals. Very comfy as well, like I said I used em all day. Couldn't do that with the old buds!                                             These are a bargain....

Jul 1, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #98 of 167
The klipsch team that decides on the prices seems to have lost touch of the competition. These are excellent iems, it's just that they are priced wayy too high, making them unable to compete with other iems in the same price range.

Xr8i - At their price range they compete with hybrids such as dunu 2000j, flc 8s, Fidue A83, sony xbas A3. Tried them out, they are on the same league (or maybe slightly better) then my Sony xbas A1 which cost more than half the price. Their selling point is massive bass quantities, but I'm sure we can all agree that the aforementioned iems have better bass (esp xba A3 and dunu). Imo they should be priced at the 150 usd range , even then they still lose to dunu 1000.

X12i - A solid single ba that has nice tonality, detailed & smooth bass and mids. However at 349 usd they are priced too high as they suffer from the typical single ba weak highs and poor instrument separation compared to what you get at that price range. Iems like the triple ba Sony xba 300 at 240 usd blow these out of the water in terms of insturment separation, imaging, detail retrieval and treble. Imo they should be priced at 200 usd to be competitive. The fact that previous iterations, x10 and x11i have had their price dropped drastically from 349 to 100-150 usd on amazon just shows how overpriced their msrp is. Some say that the x10 and x11i are fantastic for their current marked down price, however I disagree as they have poor build quality issues that make their wire jack break easily. It's a problem that a sizable amount of users (including myself) experience.

If you want to buy these iems, it's better to wait for their price to drop, which it will drastically and in the near future.

Jul 1, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #99 of 167
It's sad because these iems have this unique klipsch sound which is smooth, clear, detailed and musical. They just need to have better buils quality and be more price competitive to do well. In my Country singapore the pricing is screwed up. The x12is cost 600 sgd, which can buy you 2 mee audiophile pinnacle p1s.

Aug 8, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #101 of 167
How is X20i comfort as compared to old X10? The former looks bigger in size, any impact? I am a very long time x10 user across multiple pairs including still using them for jogging now. My later forays such as Sony XBA-300 (not so bad after getting Comply memory tips but takes time to compress, hold and decompress and still not perfect) and Jaybird X2 (gave up real quick) really hammer in how tiny, convenient, and super comfortable the X10 is. Has the X20i lost much there for the more impressive internals, or is the ease and comfort about the same?

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #102 of 167
How is X20i comfort as compared to old X10? The former looks bigger in size, any impact? I am a very long time x10 user across multiple pairs including still using them for jogging now. My later forays such as Sony XBA-300 (not so bad after getting Comply memory tips but takes time to compress, hold and decompress and still not perfect) and Jaybird X2 (gave up real quick) really hammer in how tiny, convenient, and super comfortable the X10 is. Has the X20i lost much there for the more impressive internals, or is the ease and comfort about the same?

I'd say the comfort is relatively the same, at least for me. Yes, the bigger size means you will feel the metal part against your ears a little. Though I did find the X10 more comfortable, but I have smaller ear canals than most people. I guess if the x10 is comfortable for you, just keep in mind the X20 does feel bigger and possibly less comfortable.

Aug 8, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #103 of 167
I had little issue going from the x5 to x20i and they are pretty close to the x10 in size.

Likewise, I cannot understand why people do noy love the x20i!! I guess they need a review from a certain person to understand

Aug 10, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #104 of 167
  I had little issue going from the x5 to x20i and they are pretty close to the x10 in size.

Likewise, I cannot understand why people do noy love the x20i!! I guess they need a review from a certain person to understand

I need $500 :frowning2: 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back