Klipsch X10, IE80 or Shure 215?
Nov 6, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #17 of 18
The ie8`s will have the best sound and are oftern compared to the likes of the more upper echelon of iem`s per say the shure se425`s or the westone 3`s. i have listened to all three and can confirm that the ie8`s offer the best sound but the x10`s the best comfort and isolation as well as much more flexibility with tips. I enjoy the fun presentation of the x10`s the most however the build quality let me down after around 5 months of use which is unacceptable for a $400 set of iem`s (i only paid $85 though). the shures come in dead last, they are decent entry level but cannot compete with the highly tuned ie8`s or x10`s.

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #18 of 18
IE8 (extrapolated from IE80) has more subbass than the X10, and much better mid and highs as well.  The downside is poor isolation and difficult time fitting.  After reading more and more reports about the X10 I've reached the conclusion that my pair wasn't just an isolated case (which is really a shame) - the strain reliefs will start to split after a few months and for this reason I cannot honestly recommend it at the moment.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back