Klipsch Image S4?
Apr 15, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #526 of 629
My set of S4 recently had a little problem i have a crack like this, the red is the crack/split.

klipsch-image-s4-03-11-09-1.jpg

I simply used a dot of crazy glue to fix it and it has not been a problem, i have put a good 500-600+ hours in them over the past 6 months. They still work perfectly with no problem and the crazy glue seems to have added more stress relief, i may add a dot to the other side as well.

Nothing knocking the S4 they are fantastic, just be careful how you pull em out.

Apr 16, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #527 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My set of S4 recently had a little problem i have a crack like this, the red is the crack/split.

Yep, my pair has started to split at the strain reliefs on both earbuds. I guess the S4's are destined to have the same problem the X10's had.

Apr 17, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #529 of 629
Remember, klipsch gives you a two year warranty. Should the crack worsen, be sure to make use of it. Or maybe even get a new pair just in case.

Apr 17, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #531 of 629
Oh! I forgot one thing. My one complaint would probably be that the bass seems to be a smidge more overwhelming than I'd like.

I've heard some people complain that the cable seems a bit flimsy but I don't think they're so bad.

Apr 24, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #532 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by JxK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remember, klipsch gives you a two year warranty. Should the crack worsen, be sure to make use of it. Or maybe even get a new pair just in case.

i can attest to klipsch respecting their warranty pretty well. i had a pair of s4's, and after about two months (right when they were getting burned in!), i got no sound out of the left driver whatsoever. the cable was intact, i tried to jiggle it to no avail.

i called klipsch, and they asked "why don't you just return them to the online retailer?" i said, "because it's passed their 30 day return policy." so he told me to send them in, along with the receipt.

about 4 weeks passed, and i still didn't receive a new pair, so i called back. this time they said, "oh yes we received the broken pair, but someone forgot to send the new ones." one week later, and i got the replacements, which i now use with my clip+.

so if you bug them, they are pretty good.
bigsmile_face.gif

i'm happy with my s4's, although i now am very careful with them b/c they are delicate, and they can't compare to my e-q7's. i'd say for the price though, they're definitely a good low-mid range option for bass-lovers.

Apr 25, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #533 of 629
yeah, they're a really solid value pair. i was a/bing with my ck10s, and i forgot how comfortable they were. its a different kind of comfort from the ck10s though. you can feel them, but they're so light and the tips are so soft. but yeah, the wire is pretty dang horrible..

May 10, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #534 of 629

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaBreezer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Update: I'm pretty happy with my S4s, but have come to realize that the stock oval-shaped silicon tips provided, while comfortable, simply are not large enough to create the kind of seal that really makes these phones shine. I like the oval tips, it's just that the largest size isn't large enough. Does anyone know whether Klipsch produces compatible ear tips that will create a better seal? The included tips with flanges are small, but I wonder if the large-sized flanged tips would be better. Suggestions anyone? Thanks!

Klipsch's large bi-flange tips are smaller than the large single flange. I tried that route myself. In the end, I've stayed with the large single flange and I've learned not to try and get a deep-insertion seal. I just minimally insert and do a little rotation of the phone into place and I get a good seal that's comfortable. It took a little bit of time to get used to this, as I use bi-flanges with most every other IEM I have and I am accustomed to DEEP insertions. At first it may feel insecure, but I've yet to have them fall out... I'm not jogging with them though.

Maybe that good-looking lady in the Klipsch Forum can help with suggestions!

I just ordered the large double flange from Klipsch last night I hope I don't regret it..I assumed they where as large as the single flange.Like a dummy I didn't do the research on here...
redface.gif
So what large flange tips work best with the S4 ?

May 13, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #535 of 629

Quote:
Oh! I forgot one thing. My one complaint would probably be that the bass seems to be a smidge more overwhelming than I'd like.

I've heard some people complain that the cable seems a bit flimsy but I don't think they're so bad.

Tell ya what would be cool is if the Image S4 had the memory cable like the Meelec M6 ,imo that would be sweet.

Jul 24, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #536 of 629
Yo! Just bought the S4 and I like the sound although it sometimes is disturbing with the s-sounds. Trying to burn them in now after reading this thread. I have a playlist with music and white/pink noise at a higher volume then I listen to. 24 hours done already. Am I doing it right?

One other thing is that the original tips do not fit great, my right ear is ok but not the left. I ordered the T-100 Comply Foam, are they good?

Jul 24, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #537 of 629
Yo! Just bought the S4 and I like the sound although it sometimes is disturbing with the s-sounds. Trying to burn them in now after reading this thread. I have a playlist with music and white/pink noise at a higher volume then I listen to. 24 hours done already. Am I doing it right?

One other thing is that the original tips do not fit great, my right ear is ok but not the left. I ordered the T-100 Comply Foam, are they good?

Sep 14, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #539 of 629
deal died roughly 1:10ish EST.  my friend was disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back