Klipsch Image S4?
Dec 9, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #227 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by ImSyko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what are some good ear tips for these headphones? ive lost all the stock ones and t he sony hybrids aren't a tight fit, so i have to walk around with tweezers.

I'm using the hybrids right now and they don't come off in my ears. You have to push the tip farther up the stem so it covers the larger part of the stem. Try it. works for me!

Dec 9, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #228 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by ImSyko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what are some good ear tips for these headphones? ive lost all the stock ones and t he sony hybrids aren't a tight fit, so i have to walk around with tweezers.

I have tried hybrids and complys (apart from gels), but the tips I use and sound best to me (and fit like a glove) are Ety bi-flanges made for the er6i, they are gray in color, and can be ordered from Ety. I had an old pair sitting around, and they work in perfect unison with the S4s. Not the mainstream solution, but it works.

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #230 of 629
What ear tips would provide the best isolation with the S4s? Stock? Some other ones??

Thanks,

Yip

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #231 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gipson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
great thread! actually, i think these will make a great present for myself over the RE2s. the mic is a great plus, too

can't wait!

make sure you get the S4i, then, if you want a mic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yipcanjo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What ear tips would provide the best isolation with the S4s? Stock? Some other ones??

Thanks,

Yip

Klipsch Gels, possibly.

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #232 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by yipcanjo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks,

Yip

Depends on the ear.

For me, the stock ones work wonderfully. They're mighty comfortable too with their special oval shape.

Dec 9, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #233 of 629
Thanks, DavidMorton and bcpk. I'll see how the stock (and comfy!) gels perform.

By the way, I ordered the S4s from Sound Earphones for $79 + free shipping. I applied the code "9offsound" to bring it down to $70 shipped (outside of Ohio). Should be here by Saturday!

Yip

Dec 10, 2009 at 7:45 AM Post #234 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
make sure you get the S4i, then, if you want a mic.

for sure. i already got my eye on it in Apple's Canada Store.
how many stock ear tips come with it? and what are some good replacements (small-med size)? because i know i'll be losing some over time...

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #235 of 629
medium and large single flange and a double flange thats a small i guess

u can also order the ear gels from the klipsch site.

Dec 11, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #236 of 629
how do the comply's fit, is it a tight fit on the headphone nozzle, or is it a little loose like the hybrids? i need new tips asap from retail stores and all they carry is the comply and hybrids. i want to make sure it's a good toght fit before i purchase ekse i'll just have to wait... or use glue

Dec 11, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #237 of 629
comply is foam not silicon like the hybrid tips(im assuming thats what they are)

Dec 11, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #238 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
comply is foam not silicon like the hybrid tips(im assuming thats what they are)

Thanks, but that i understand. I am asking how they fit on the nozzle of the headphones. The hybrids, to me, were loose and kept coming off in my ear. I am wondering if the complys fir the same

While i am at it, how do the complys sound with the s4's? Do they add or take anything away from them?

Does the flanges fron the Shure E1, E5, or E5c fit?

Dec 11, 2009 at 10:14 AM Post #239 of 629
Update: I'm pretty happy with my S4s, but have come to realize that the stock oval-shaped silicon tips provided, while comfortable, simply are not large enough to create the kind of seal that really makes these phones shine. I like the oval tips, it's just that the largest size isn't large enough. Does anyone know whether Klipsch produces compatible ear tips that will create a better seal? The included tips with flanges are small, but I wonder if the large-sized flanged tips would be better. Suggestions anyone? Thanks!

Dec 11, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #240 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaBreezer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Update: I'm pretty happy with my S4s, but have come to realize that the stock oval-shaped silicon tips provided, while comfortable, simply are not large enough to create the kind of seal that really makes these phones shine. I like the oval tips, it's just that the largest size isn't large enough. Does anyone know whether Klipsch produces compatible ear tips that will create a better seal? The included tips with flanges are small, but I wonder if the large-sized flanged tips would be better. Suggestions anyone? Thanks!

Klipsch's large bi-flange tips are smaller than the large single flange. I tried that route myself. In the end, I've stayed with the large single flange and I've learned not to try and get a deep-insertion seal. I just minimally insert and do a little rotation of the phone into place and I get a good seal that's comfortable. It took a little bit of time to get used to this, as I use bi-flanges with most every other IEM I have and I am accustomed to DEEP insertions. At first it may feel insecure, but I've yet to have them fall out... I'm not jogging with them though.

Maybe that good-looking lady in the Klipsch Forum can help with suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back