Klipsch Image S4?
Jan 19, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #453 of 629
just out of curiosity, how good are the apple in ears compared to the S4s? depending on what apple does on the 27th, i may buy an ipod touch. i already have the S4s and have been burning them for a while now, and i love them, is it worth the extra purchase?

Jan 19, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #456 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by germanturkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just out of curiosity, how good are the apple in ears compared to the S4s? depending on what apple does on the 27th, i may buy an ipod touch. i already have the S4s and have been burning them for a while now, and i love them, is it worth the extra purchase?

If you can get them for $30 or so on ebay, worth it with the Touch. A good seller of these is 7Dime on ebay. Also, check Joker's massive review thread for some feedback on the ADDIEMs, as well as the ADDIEM "underappreciated" thread. They offer great detail, focus on mids and highs. Bass can be teased out of them. For best results, they also need Comply T130s, since the stock tips are hit or miss.

Jan 24, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #457 of 629
Has anybody made any A/B comparisons between these and the older Custom 2s? I own both and tend to lean toward the S4. Any thoughts on this?

Jan 25, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #458 of 629
I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with the S4i's... I've already sent a PM to Michael M from SoundEarPerformace, but I'm wondering if this is a very common problem with the S4i's or if I just got one faulty set..

It doesn't happen every time, but happens pretty often that when I push the button to lower the volume 1 click, it will turn the volume up several clicks and hurt my ears, and I have to click the lowering button 1 or 2 more times until it will finally lower the volume.

Any input??

Jan 25, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #459 of 629
there's no point in amping these right? especially with something like the e5?

Jan 25, 2010 at 1:36 AM Post #460 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by germanturkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there's no point in amping these right? especially with something like the e5?

They really like my cMoyBB2.02!

Jan 25, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #461 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by C.C.S. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anybody made any A/B comparisons between these and the older Custom 2s? I own both and tend to lean toward the S4. Any thoughts on this?

I've tried both and think both have their strong points. The S4 has a much more dominant bass impact & "fun" sound, but the custom series are quicker, much more controlled & have better instrument separation. If I'm feeling critical, I'll go for the customs; if I want to slam my ears w/ bass, I'll pickup the S4's. I like both!

Jan 25, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #462 of 629
hi newbie question. i just bought the image s4i and i have never used iem's before. how do i know if the eartips im using is the right size? do i need to push it into my ear and get the feeling of vacuum in my ears?

Jan 25, 2010 at 7:01 AM Post #463 of 629
Quote:

Originally Posted by hrv888 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi newbie question. i just bought the image s4i and i have never used iem's before. how do i know if the eartips im using is the right size? do i need to push it into my ear and get the feeling of vacuum in my ears?

yea, I guess a "vacuum" would be a good description. Your voice should sound louder, like it's amplified, when you have a good seal. And of course surrounding noises should sound quieter.

Jan 25, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #464 of 629
The tips that are included are definitely too small. The largest ones barely fit my ears and my right ear is a little larger than my left so it feels a little loose. Anyone have any recommendations of tips that are slightly larger than the largest size included or know where I can buy some tips online?

Jan 25, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #465 of 629
^^ it seems like a viable alternative are the comply foam tips. just search comply tips on amazon and you should get the results you want. make sure they're the t100 size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back