Klipsch Image S2 and S4
Jun 2, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #16 of 55
IMO they are really ugly in comparison to X5/X10 (for me, apart from Triple.fi's the prettiest IEMs on the market).

Jul 17, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #19 of 55
So I have a bottom of the barrel pair of Klipsch loudspeakers, the SF-1 floorstanders, and given their price I find the sound to be phenomenal. Having faith in the company, and being on a low budget, when I saw the S2 I was immediately interested. Has anyone actually used these and have anything to say? I am highly interested in picking these up as my first real set of phones if they're good.

Jul 18, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #21 of 55
Anyone? lol

Jul 18, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #22 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zitro407 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I just found a pair of these new in the box on Ebay for $50 including shipping. Any opinions?

Headphones - Klipsch Custom-1, Earphones, Noise-Reducing - Specifications

They are $50 new to begin with .. buy them from musicians friend if you live as close to it as I do. Either way I say you give them a try... I have the Klipsch 2.1 computer speakers and there great, the volume control on the speakers has broken twice in about 5 years but apart from that they are still sounding great. The earphones also have build issues, namely the wire and no rubber housing... but for $50 I say you try em.

Jul 18, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #24 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belabor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can we really trust CNet on this one? When most of the reviewers are enthousiastic about a product, CNet isn't, and it seems to be the other way around here. I've never seen CNet rate anything Outstanding, but iLounge just thinks they are average.

Maybe I just have to wait for the user reviews to pop up here on Head-Fi.
smile.gif

CNET is more like a carnival barker than a reviewer.

Jul 19, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #26 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zitro407 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I just found a pair of these new in the box on Ebay for $50 including shipping. Any opinions?

Headphones - Klipsch Custom-1, Earphones, Noise-Reducing - Specifications

My Klipsch S4s are comfortable, warm and rich sounding with good detail and great bass for $30 more. I'll probably try the PL-50s later on, as I really like my PL-30s. The PL-30 is a great entry level (and inexpensive) set of phones, too.

Jul 19, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #27 of 55
Why are people bidding the S4 up to $110-$130 or more on ebay? I guess it is because of CNET hype.

Jul 19, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #28 of 55
if you live near a guitar center, stop by and get a set of custom 2's for $79. It will be the same price as the s4's, will likely sound much better, and you wont have to wait forever to get them.

Jul 23, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #30 of 55
i don't like how the s2 feels in your ear because it feels like if there is no oxygen and thats good for isolation but when you take out the earphone, you feel a rush of air going inside and it doesn't really feel that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back