Klipsch Image S2 and S4
Mar 15, 2009 at 10:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

FYJX

Previously known as MaoDi
Hello People!

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or hype about the new com9ing Klipsch Image S2 and S4 =), seems like they might be at a affordable price range. Considering where the Custom and Image series s at right now, i think i have a pretty good feelign aobut this =D

May 20, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #3 of 55
nope, klipsch did pot about some review but it was possibly the crappest review ive ever seen, told you nothing about them

a shame really casue i think the custom 1 maybe my favourite and i wanted to know how a dynamic would sound from them. i would have killed to get to review them but they didint seem to care

May 21, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #5 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by vkvedam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check this out: Klipsch Image S4 earphones Headphone reviews - CNET Reviews

Can we really trust CNet on this one? When most of the reviewers are enthousiastic about a product, CNet isn't, and it seems to be the other way around here. I've never seen CNet rate anything Outstanding, but iLounge just thinks they are average.

Maybe I just have to wait for the user reviews to pop up here on Head-Fi.
smile.gif

May 21, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #7 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belabor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can we really trust CNet on this one? When most of the reviewers are enthousiastic about a product, CNet isn't, and it seems to be the other way around here. I've never seen CNet rate anything Outstanding, but iLounge just thinks they are average.

Maybe I just have to wait for the user reviews to pop up here on Head-Fi.
smile.gif

I think you're right -- I'm not sure I've ever seen Cnet give a headphone greater than 4 stars, so their review piqued my interest in this IEM. Funny to see iLounge bascially pan the same headphone.

May 21, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #8 of 55
I don't have time to review it just yet, but I have the Image S4, and it is sounds very good for the money--it's a competitive space, but, still, it does very well at the price.

Klipsch seems to be emphasizing the comfort of the Image S4, and I can see why. The Image X10 is probably the most comfortable universal-fit IEMs I've used, and the Image S4 uses the same oval cross section earpieces, which I really like.

The Image S4 will be one of the IEMs I bring with me on my way to and from Can Jam 2009 to evaluate sound quality and isolation on airplanes. So far, I've found the S4's isolation to be par for the field, and sound quality above par. For those it matters to (I'm not one of them), the Image S4 also looks very nice (I'll post photos later).

May 21, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #9 of 55
I noticed today that Cnet posted their review of the Image S4 as well. They really liked the phones, especially for the money. I own a pair of Image X10s (which I love) and am curious as to how the S4s compare (not that I'm looking to change, just curious). If it's a very close comparison, I'd find it hard to justify the difference in MSRP ($80 vs. $350)!

May 21, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #10 of 55
Thanks for the quick impression Jude. This is a phone that I am very interested in hearing more about, seeing that it is Klipsch's first dynamic driver IEM. Looking forward to further impressions after CanJam. Cheers.

May 22, 2009 at 12:15 PM Post #11 of 55
Being a very happy owner of the X10, I too am highly interested in these for a less expensive IEM to use straight out of my Imod (use the X10 amped with a Pico) So will be following reviews on this closely.

May 22, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #12 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Being a very happy owner of the X10, I too am highly interested in these for a less expensive IEM to use straight out of my Imod (use the X10 amped with a Pico) So will be following reviews on this closely.

X2. Ditto what you said.

I also have X10s, and am very happy with them. But I'm putting custom tips on the X10's, and will at some point want a cheaper but decent IEM for convenience. I've been considering the Altec version of the Ultimate Ears 3, because it's only $40. But the S4 is an option too.

It seems like the $40 to $80 range in IEMs is getting competitive and higher quality.

Jun 2, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #13 of 55
For the people interested, Klipsch has posted the first picture of the Image S2 on their website.

Link: Image S2

Wow, they look horrible compared to the S4. Opinions?

Jun 2, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #14 of 55
400x400.aspx

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belabor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, they look horrible compared to the S4. Opinions?

I was already eyeing the S2 yesterday, thinking that they looked a lot better than the S4. Funny how widely tastes can differ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back