Kickstarter Headphone - Grain Audio, any thoughts?
Nov 4, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #76 of 102
Any headfiers try the Oehp? I just remembered these as they look so nice, but not expecting amazing sound at that price range. Comfort?

Nov 4, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #77 of 102
Given the industry I'm in I've thought about starting a small headphone company for a while now. Interested to see how this company turns out. Honestly, Grain audio seems more focused on marketing and renderings than actual headphones which sound good.

If a headphone is reasonably priced and sounds really good I like to think that word of mouth on this forum would handle the rest.

Nov 4, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #78 of 102
They really haven't sent any more updates these past few weeks and the one they did send didn't mention anything regarding sound, just the production process... It's suppossed to come out in December I think but I'm starting to doubt it... ... ...

Nov 5, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #79 of 102
Maybe they should hire me. Will work for free beer and headphones.
wink_face.gif

Check this out Gelocks:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687505/grado-ps1000-in-stock-available-for-demo-free-lightning-cables-ac-gears-nycs-premier-tech-lifestyle-shop

Nov 9, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #80 of 102
I had a listen to the Grain Audio IEMs at Engadget Expand today and quite like them.  The bass is somewhat untamed but it also had really nice and clear treble and good separation.  I may actually get a pair, going to take another listen tomorrow and then decide.  But for $99 I think it is actually quite good.

Nov 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #81 of 102
I also spent about 20 minutes in the Grain booth at Engadget Expand. The bluetooth portable speakers seemed to have high quality sound for their size (good bass punch, clear in mid and highs) but the environment was loud so that impression is from putting my head near it. I connected their IEM's to my Galaxy Note2 using Neutron. As the other poster mentioned their was big bass but not in a bad way. The mids and highs were clear and pleasant. I thought they sounded good for $100, different from my SC5's and ety 4's.

I didn't get a chance to listen to their over ear headphones.

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #82 of 102
Hello Dave,

I'm an industrial designer and to me it is beyond any doubt Grain Audio got its inspiration from the TMA-1.

What you should have done is give credit to the architects that designed the TMA-1, the KiBiSi team (kibisi.com). Yes, you are not copying the technical aspects of the TMA-1 but are totally inspired by it. Look at the TMA-1 Studio headphone.

Be honest and admit GA was inspired by the KiBiSi aesthetic. And do not tell me you were not aware of the TMA-1 before you designed your. Jony Ive gave credit to Dieter Rams (he even sent him a one) with the fist generation iPods. You should too.

Deviation with the talk about technical aspects is distracting from the real issue.

Wagner "The berg" Goldberg

Jan 18, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #83 of 102
I don't even think that these headphones will "happen"... In fact, I'm going to contact them because they keep failing with the fullfilment of these cans... I'm pretty sure they are going to turn out bad... ... :frowning2:

Feb 24, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #84 of 102
I'm patiently waiting for the OEHP to be finished and delivered - it's not like I haven't other headphones to listen to in the meantime! If their other products are any indication (and I feel that they are), we will receive a quality product. $150 spent last May is still alright for me, even if they aren't amazing. They'll make a good story, anyway.

Speaking of Kickstarter headphones, has anybody read about these? I pledged last week - I think these are packed with features, and that there hasn't been a product like this before.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hellobragi/the-dash-wireless-smart-in-ear-headphones?ref=live

Brief listing of features/specs:

General

1. Lightweight, shock Resistant and water resistant to 1 m
  2. Smartphone sensors and GPS data provide additional functions if your phone is with you
  3. iOS App or Android App controls audio, sensor and tracking settings as well as a Lost Device Tracker

Speaker

1. Type: In-Ear Style, double barrier passive noise isolation
  2. Response bandwidth 20-20000 Hz
  3. Impedance 16 Ohm
  4. Output 10 mW RMS (with level limit)
  5. Total harmonic distortion <2% (1 KHz, 1 mW)
  6. Audio format: 16 bit stereo

Microphone

1. Custom Bragi Ear Bone MEMS microphone
  2. Ambient microphone: MEMS omnidirectional, Sensitivity -43 dB +3/-3 dB (1 KHz, 0 dB = 1 V/Pa)

Bluetooth

1. Dual Mode Bluetooth 4.0  
  2. Audio compatibility with classic Bluetooth devices (A2DP profile, CSR aptX® audio codec)
  3. Full compatibility with Apple: iPhone® >= 4S, iPod® Touch 5th generation and later, iPad® 3rd generation and later
  4. Full compatibility with: Android: any device with Bluetooth LE hardware running under Android version 4.3 Jelly Bean (API Level 18) or later
  5. True Wireless Audio
  6. CSR aptX® audio codec
  7. Up to six paired devices (One at a time)
  8. Bluetooth sound overrules embedded playback
  9. Embedded music player: 4GB data storage. MP3, AAC (No DRM)

Oct 15, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #86 of 102
So it seems that their over-eas will finally be out soon... I got a refund because I got tired of waiting.
Then I used the money to mod my Beyerdynamic T5p's... thing is, I haven't received my T5p's back either!!! LOL!
Between both of them I have probably waiting like 2 years for headphones...

I don't know.... thought that was kind of funny, and depressing at the same time... 

Oct 24, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #88 of 102
  So it seems that their over-eas will finally be out soon... I got a refund because I got tired of waiting.
Then I used the money to mod my Beyerdynamic T5p's... thing is, I haven't received my T5p's back either!!! LOL!
Between both of them I have probably waiting like 2 years for headphones...

I don't know.... thought that was kind of funny, and depressing at the same time... 

eek.gif

You haven't received your T5p's back yet? 
eek.gif

blink.gif
basshead.gif

frown.gif

Dec 10, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #90 of 102
I just received an my OEHP's today. So far I am quite impressed. I will need some more time with them to give a real review but wondering why I cant find any threads on these here? My go to pair of cans has been the Brainwavz HM5s. I think these might be better. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back