Kicking off 2016 with a Toronto / GTA meet on Saturday January 30th
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #16 of 138
Just noticed that Dubai is having their 2nd headphone meet.

I can just see it - a room filled with nothing but HE1060/Hev1060's - Orpheus 2 everywhere you look!

Sorta like a Dubai Supercar traffic jam:

Dec 1, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #18 of 138

Make it a belated birthday present for me and bring the SP ES1! :) It's my birthday today, make me happy :)

Why not just come over to listen the ES1
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #21 of 138
Subbed! I missed all mention of the November meet, and just caught up on all the posts. I should be good for Jan 23, and will be able to bring my new MrSpeakers Ether-C :)

I'll also bring my CEntrance HiFi-M8 - I remember, 2 meets ago, a few of you (@MickeyVee?) wanted to check it out but I wasn't able to stay long enough.

+1 on people bringing balanced setups. I got my Ether-C terminated with balanced 4-pin XLR - my HiFi-M8 has the output but it isn't truly balanced. Am now itching to get a fully balanced desktop DAC / AMP combo to really let my Ethers shine!

Did I hear some mention before of someone having Schiit Yggdrasil / Ragnarok?!?

Also, @azncookiecutter, I'd love to check out your Gungnir Multibit - I think Yggy/Rag might be a bit much, but I've been pouring through the Gungnir and Mjolnir 2 threads thinking that may be my end-game setup. What amp are you planning on pairing it with?

Dec 6, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #22 of 138
  Subbed! I missed all mention of the November meet, and just caught up on all the posts. I should be good for Jan 23, and will be able to bring my new MrSpeakers Ether-C :)

I'll also bring my CEntrance HiFi-M8 - I remember, 2 meets ago, a few of you (@MickeyVee?) wanted to check it out but I wasn't able to stay long enough.

+1 on people bringing balanced setups. I got my Ether-C terminated with balanced 4-pin XLR - my HiFi-M8 has the output but it isn't truly balanced. Am now itching to get a fully balanced desktop DAC / AMP combo to really let my Ethers shine!

Did I hear some mention before of someone having Schiit Yggdrasil / Ragnarok?!?

Also, @azncookiecutter, I'd love to check out your Gungnir Multibit - I think Yggy/Rag might be a bit much, but I've been pouring through the Gungnir and Mjolnir 2 threads thinking that may be my end-game setup. What amp are you planning on pairing it with?

Only have the Meier Concerto right now, was planning on getting the EC Black Widow as my modest end-game rig when it was re-released, but since that's been cancelled, on the lookout again.

Dec 11, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #23 of 138
It's been a while, subscribed to see if I'll be around.
Been living the sad life of no-time-for-headphones.

I'll bring craft beers if I'm able to make it!

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #24 of 138
Last batch of parts ordered for my Bijou build. Hopefully it'll be complete before the meet.

After a bit of reading around the DIY forums, there should be another surprise in the works as well! I'm super excited, but my wallet is seriously crying in shame in the corner! Over $1,500 spent in parts just yesterday... This hobby is EVIL!

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #26 of 138
Hey guys,

I'm super sorry, but we'll have to switch a week forward to Saturday January 30th instead. I just came back from the management office and they ****ed up because I reserved the party room over a month ago and somebody else did as well but they are on the record and I'm not. I'm very pissed off and I'm terribly sorry for the date switch. The room is booked for the 30th so that's when this meet will be held.

Thanks guys and see you soon!

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #27 of 138
  Hey guys,

I'm super sorry, but we'll have to switch a week forward to Saturday January 30th instead. I just came back from the management office and they ****ed up because I reserved the party room over a month ago and somebody else did as well but they are on the record and I'm not. I'm very pissed off and I'm terribly sorry for the date switch. The room is booked for the 30th so that's when this meet will be held.

Thanks guys and see you soon!

No worries Pavel, these things happen. That date still works for me - see you all then!

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #28 of 138
Hey guys. If anybody wants some really awesome custom XLR or RCA cables, please let me know. I just got a shipment of Amphenol RCA connectors (very good, but not stupid expensive), have Neutrik XLRs on hand, and I'm waiting on Cardas solid-core wire that I'll be feeding through Teflon tubing. This is the wire I personally use in all interconnects and can't recommend enough. They'll be reasonably priced, so don't be shy and grab some interconnects. Please PM me.

Thanks!

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #30 of 138
  What typically goes on at these meets if I may ask? Im interested in meeting other audiophiles 
smily_headphones1.gif

A room filled with different systems all around, and a bunch of nice people chatting about all things headphone related.

Well, that's the idea.  My typical meet experience includes talking about anything and everything, headphone related or not, sipping on scotch, and if there's something new that I haven't listened to before, spending a few songs with it. That's not often, but with the upcoming meet, the SR007 will make me very happy, and if the HE1000 make another appearance, that would also be great.

I'll also get a chance to showcase a couple of new additions to my system, so that's always fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back