Kicker Headphones? Anyone have or hear these yet?
Oct 14, 2010 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

iNeedCansBad

Head-Fier
They're subwoofers are amazing....was wandering has anyone tried they're headphones?  These two in particular...

Kicker HP1973

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNywXNhgVrw&feature=channel

More pic's here...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_21977_Kicker+HP1973+.html

Kicker HP541

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXeQ5cN5yYY&feature=channel

More pic's here...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_21978_Kicker+HP541+-09HP541-.html

Youtube review by sonicelectronix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODS3g0Z5aM&feature=channel

Now I youtube'd both of these bad boys and they look really good.  Kicker's subs are second to none imo, and for the HP541 the Kicker Rep said its like having an L7 hooked up in your ear.....  I am definitely thinking of grabbing the HP541's, and I was wandering if anyone has heard them or used them before.   I'm still on the fence of what to purchase, I was going to order the JVC HARX700's tonight but since I've owned Kicker products in the past I might just try these out.    Also you can get them for $55 shipped, MSRP is $99.99.

Any info or suggestions please say something!

Oct 14, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 31
Am new to this hi-fi stuff but I picked up the HP541 about 6weeks ago off amazon and I like it with rock and pop musics,  . Also,have the ik501 for my ipod which sounds good too.

Oct 14, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #6 of 31
Looks somewhat generic, although the second one, with graphics on both the exterior and the interior, reminds me of Skullcandy.
Kicker headphones... next thing we know Bose would be making IEMs.
Oh no wait, they already did
eek.gif

Oct 15, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #11 of 31
I would probably wear Beats by Dre before I put anything from Kicker on my head or in my ears.  Never been a fan of anything they ever made.  Hope they work out for you though.

Oct 15, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #12 of 31
I absolutely hate the way there speakers sound. If it is the same way for the headphones, then no way. KICKER the maker of the sub woofers makes me feel like the bass will be way overexposed on these headphones

Oct 15, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #13 of 31
I've had Kicker CVR's, L5's, and now L7's and they're all amazing as far as car audio goes.  Of course these are all bass speakers so naturally you would expect alot of bass...  And beats by dre would set you back an extra $250...if I planned on spending that much I'd just grab AKG 701's...  I'll give a good review when I get them because no one really has given them a good review or compared them much at all except for the one review on SonicE where he said "they sound as good as headphones that cost 3-4 times the price".  And another guy said the only thing beats by dre had over them was more bass...  I rather hear opinions from people on here then on random amazon reviews but thats what they said.

Oct 15, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #14 of 31

Quote:
I've had Kicker CVR's, L5's, and now L7's and they're all amazing as far as car audio goes. 

I stand by my initial comments.  You should check out some Image Dynamics or MTX competition series if you get a chance.  I think you should also check out the Sony XB500/700 if that's the signature you are looking for in that price range.

Jun 21, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #15 of 31
   Hello guys I am new to the community here.. I read this thread about the kicker HP541... You guys should just grab em and try em out. There is no way any of you guys will be disappointed with these. For the price they are Shockingly good actually. They will completely surprise you. They are my current budget BASS champs and for the bucks you guys will be shocked with their clarity and full sound. They definately have a WOW factor to em. And that was out of the box for me. I am on the burn in process for em but they already sound full beyond belief... I am willing to bet you these will give any of the high end DJ closed sets a run for sounds. I was truely impressed with the powerful sound on these...I recently purchased 3 Budget phones to compare and try out..I ended up liking and keeping all 3...

These Kickers, the Panasonic RP-HT770 and the SAMSON SR850 reference phones. All 3 are great buys but I think the kickers have an edge on em.. The Panasonics were a pleasant surprise.. Those are crazy good too.. Samson I got got $38 on Amazon and these are the best gaming headphones I have ever used... The BASS however is dominated by the Kicker. I have no idea how anyone can say BASS is lacking on these... I think these are the ONLY cans I own that can litteraly BLOW my ear drums to smitherines .. I cant max out out the volume or seriously it will cause permanent damage.. The quality is there for shure. The bass isnt BOOMy or overbearing but you are definately in BASS land Very controlled precise punchy and extended and add to that the most dominating Mids and clear highs and you get the kicker HP541 .. If any of you guys are on the fence on these for $50 it will surprise you.. I think they kick ass actually.. I would have easily payed $150 or so for this sound in the kickers easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back