Kenwood KH-K1000
Feb 9, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #230 of 308
i love K1000, very balance sound, at least for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #231 of 308
A very good and underrated headphone. I sold mine, but not because I didn't like them - just too many cans.

Feb 10, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #232 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A very good and underrated headphone. I sold mine, but not because I didn't like them - just too many cans.

I'm not trying to insult you here, but even if you had too many cans, you ultimately sold them because they were the least favourite out of the collection that you have. Correct?

Feb 10, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #233 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not trying to insult you here, but even if you had too many cans, you ultimately sold them because they were the least favourite out of the collection that you have. Correct?

It's no insult at all. I sold them because they were fairly low impedance and closed, and low impedance cans don;t work well with the OTL tube amps where I use closed cans. So it was not as simple as "they were the least favorite" - they fit my needs the least, yes.

Feb 11, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #234 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's no insult at all. I sold them because they were fairly low impedance and closed, and low impedance cans don;t work well with the OTL tube amps where I use closed cans. So it was not as simple as "they were the least favorite" - they fit my needs the least, yes.

I'm fairly new to the field of headphones. What's the disadvantage/advantages of low impedance headphones?

Feb 11, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #235 of 308
It's a complex question, but the issue for me is that low impedance headphones are often not a good match for output transformerless tube headphone amps, which can have a high-ish output impedance, causing a mis-match. For example, one of my OTL tube amps has an output impedance of 50 ohms - and the Kenwood had a 40 ohm impedance. That is not going to produce ideal results.

Feb 11, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #237 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even when the D5000 is modded?

I have not heard Mark1 mode, so I can't answer that.

At least My D5000 have J$ pads installed, but I still prefer K1000 by large margin.

May 15, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #238 of 308
Glad this thread is still alive. I've had mine for a long while now, and not looking to replace them. Once I have the money I won't hesitate to get the Ultrasone Edition 8 mind you (which I auditioned).

Kenwood K-KH100 / Head-Direct EF1 has been a value for money combo imo. No real complaints here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back