Kenwood KH-K1000
Aug 7, 2008 at 4:16 AM Post #136 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must have defective D2000......I find them lacking in the bass department. Big time. They have less bass than ANY other phone I own.

Interesting. Although mine didn't burn in properly, the bass was overwhelming to me and the guy I sold them to when he first started to listen to them (not sure about now).

Either we have very different ideas about bass or yours are defective.

Aug 7, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #137 of 308
Yeah thats the first time I've heard the Denons described as not having bass, well there was one fella... I'll just say that people mod the Denons to control the bass and tone it down a bit.

Also I think the general consensus here is that the Denons are more of a "fun" can rather than analytical. They always get my toes tappin.

Aug 7, 2008 at 8:27 AM Post #138 of 308
Hey nick20, which of them is faster sounding?
In other hand, how are them compared with your Ex Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000 when it comes to bass (extension, quality, quantity, slam, ect), speed, soundstage, mids and highs (that seem to be 'similar').
Thank you very much for your answer.
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes they are. I will post my a little more detailed impression likely tomorrow, however it won't be as nearly as good as Rob writes. Afterall, this will be my first "serious" attempt at doing this.

-Nick
beerchug.gif

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:41 AM Post #139 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must have defective D2000......I find them lacking in the bass department. Big time. They have less bass than ANY other phone I own.

This is weird. Moonboy was the original owner of these D2000, and he found the bass sometimes too much to bear.
My impression of the same can was also lot's of bass. Thick and meaty.
Having owned the DT770, I think I know what bass is
wink.gif

In other words, they were not defective when they left my house.

Aug 7, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #140 of 308
Well, I gave in
wink.gif
After about 50 hours break-in, I was just itching to try these on my Singlepower Extreme. And I am really liking what I am hearing! Sound is a little on the warm/lush side, but really musical. Definitely powerful bass, and not the world's tightest, but it does not color the rest of the sound at all. The mids are definitely lush sounding, and the treble is smooth. The treble is maybe even just slightly laid back, and it still lacks some detail - hope more break in will help. VERY nice wide soundstage though - outstanding for a sealed can.

The K1000 definitely is a nice headphone, no question.

Aug 7, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #141 of 308
nice Skylab, thanks! Waiting for post 100 hour burn-in impressions.

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #142 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by wilashort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey nick20, which of them is faster sounding?

1. AD2000 2. D2000 3. K1000

I, must be the only one who didn't like the AD2000's, when I used them with my 336i. The mids were colored, which many people like, but I did not like them at all. I believe this can is "over-hyped". It's a solid can, IMO, but not worth $600, the new price.

I, also feel, that the K1000's are a little thicker than my D2000's. Not too much, but noticeable.

Quote:

when it comes to bass (extension, quality, quantity, slam, ect), speed, soundstage, mids and highs (that seem to be 'similar').

Not sure I'm following here.. can you ask the question again?

-Nick
beerchug.gif

Aug 8, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #143 of 308
Thank you for the answer about the speed and for the order....
In other hand i am one that like a colored sound (not exagerated but with ripeness hehe). Because i find a neutral sound to be extremately boring.
Well, i will do the question again; but in a little different way...
For you, of the 3 (yes, including the AD2000) which hit harder (upper bass) in the bass, and which of the two (K1000 and D2000) has a stronger midbass (bass quantity strenght) and of the 3 (again) which has a deeper bass and which of the 3 is stronger (rumble) in that area?
The same question to you, Skylab. But with your D5000 (excluding the AD2000, because you haven't it) and including the DX1000 and Darth Beyer hehehe.
Thank you very much for your answer
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:

I, must be the only one who didn't like the AD2000's, when I used them with my 336i. The mids were colored, which many people like, but I did not like them at all. I believe this can is "over-hyped". It's a solid can, IMO, but not worth $600, the new price.

I, also feel, that the K1000's are a little thicker than my D2000's. Not too much, but noticeable.

Not sure I'm following here.. can you ask the question again?

-Nick
beerchug.gif

Aug 8, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #144 of 308
Quote:

For you, of the 3 (yes, including the AD2000) which hit harder (upper bass) in the bass, and which of the two (K1000 and D2000) has a stronger midbass (bass quantity strenght) and of the 3 (again) which has a deeper bass and which of the 3 is stronger (rumble) in that area?
The same question to you, Skylab. But with your D5000 (excluding the AD2000, because you haven't it) and including the DX1000 and Darth Beyer hehehe.
Thank you very much for your answer
bigsmile_face.gif

I felt that the D2000's and K1000's share similar bass quantities. The D2000 has a slightly stronger midbass. Again, I would give a slight nod to the D2000's having a slightly deeper bass.

I am not familiar with the term "rumble" in regards to bass. I don't judge the bass by the amount of "rumble", or maybe you meant to use a different term.

Aug 8, 2008 at 1:14 PM Post #145 of 308
I am still breaking in my K1000, so comparisons will have to wait a little while longer.

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #146 of 308
With rumble, i mean when you feel a "massage" in your ears and around, with a note/sound what hits very deep in the bass. When it is constant (as in a movie), you feel that 'rumble'. If you doesn't feel that rumble; Then that mean that the headphone is weak/lacking in that region of bass.
Ah, another thing about that deep bass, is what you only doesn't listen to it; but that you feel it enough as if there were a subwoofer in the floor...
Skylab, no problem; i understand you...
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

I felt that the D2000's and K1000's share similar bass quantities. The D2000 has a slightly stronger midbass. Again, I would give a slight nod to the D2000's having a slightly deeper bass.

I am not familiar with the term "rumble" in regards to bass. I don't judge the bass by the amount of "rumble", or maybe you meant to use a different term.

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #147 of 308
Heads up.

I contacted pricejapan yesterday, and asked if they were going to list the Kenwood KH-K1000 and they replied within an hour! And they are now listed on their website. For a few bucks more, www.seyo-shop.com sell them. Again, I've had good service from them too in the past.

I ordered a pair at $300 shipped to Korea from pricejapan anyway.

Fill ya boots folks!

Aug 10, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #148 of 308
That's a pretty good deal. I'm still waiting for my brother-in-law to find a good price on the K1000s there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back