Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Aug 27, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #5,866 of 10,023
Aug 28, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #5,869 of 10,023
Aug 28, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #5,871 of 10,023
Cool, I use a Sparkos currently, so that's good to hear.

I'm really curious about this headphone now. I'd love to pit it against my Verite Closed using the Sparkos amp
That was the combo I had VC/Rognir with Sparkos and it's a great setup. Having the VC and Rognir is the best of both worlds - you have the smooth but resolving warmth of the VC for night vibes with the ultra linear and technically brilliant Rognir for when you want full on engagement.

Aug 28, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #5,872 of 10,023
That was the combo I had VC/Rognir with Sparkos and it's a great setup. Having the VC and Rognir is the best of both worlds - you have the smooth but resolving warmth of the VC for night vibes with the ultra linear and technically brilliant Rognir for when you want full on engagement.

Sweet. Let me know how both headphones sound when your MZ3 comes in :)

Aug 28, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #5,874 of 10,023
Does the Rognir work best with solid state amps since it's planar?
This isn't the type of headphone you mate with OTL mush.

Treat it like a absolute TOTL headphone with amplification suited for Susvara or TC.

Rognir scales perfectly and I enjoyed my CFA3 solid-state or Primavera tube equally.

Aug 28, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #5,875 of 10,023
Why is Kennerton not replying to any messages? Because I got my headphones second hand? I was told that they have measurements for headphones and I should ask for them, I sent email but got back nothing.

Then I sent a message about Thekk tuning directly at @VKazanzhi, and got nothing, although I see that he is going online.

Independent of how good the products are, this attitude is for me not customer friendly, to say the least. I am a little annoyed.

Aug 28, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #5,877 of 10,023
Why is Kennerton not replying to any messages? Because I got my headphones second hand? I was told that they have measurements for headphones and I should ask for them, I sent email but got back nothing.

Then I sent a message about Thekk tuning directly at @VKazanzhi, and got nothing, although I see that he is going online.

Independent of how good the products are, this attitude is for me not customer friendly, to say the least. I am a little annoyed.
When I asked for the FR curve for my new headphone, Valentin send it very quickly. And it is not even a Kennerton, it's a LSA HP-1.
I know another Kennerton owner who got it also quickly without problem. So this is strange and not at all "Kennerton style".
Maybe are they temporarily too busy ? I don't know.

Philippe.

Aug 28, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #5,878 of 10,023

I had the same issue several months ago. I emailed them multiple times and could not get a response. I talked about it here and then everyone jumped all over me like it was my fault; sure, blame the customer. Anyway, good luck.

Aug 29, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #5,879 of 10,023

They are a very niche company and overwhelmed is the only excuse I can come up with. They are experiencing tremendous success due to some very beautiful well thought out designs and I would think they are just very busy... don't loose hope someone will get back I am sure...

Aug 29, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #5,880 of 10,023

I am a part of Kennerton and we are replying to all relevant emails! And we did not receive any of those.

Please, send your emails to info@kennerton.com - the official Kennerton email. Please, do also forward the initial email to check the reason it did not reach us

As for the graphs for every unit - it is a myth, we do check all the units and take measurements, however we do not keep those for any reasons by default.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back