Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Aug 31, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #5,896 of 10,015
now 5 play lists on Spotify for all headphone lovers
you can now add your own music as each list is collaborative

while I wait patiently for my Rognir - whats better than ordering new headphones? finding new music for those headphones! enjoy friends and you can add your own music as well (all playlists are collaborative) ... I do plan on making play lists in hires on AmazonHD but these are getting lackluster attention so far so I don't know maybe the play lists suck

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #5,897 of 10,015
Has anyone could compare the Gjallarhorn GH50 and JM Edition with the Rögnir, the Rögnir must be at an higher lever, however is it worthwhile the huge price difference as when we read about the JM this one is already quiet a great choice and John said he has never heard such an headphone before...

Sep 1, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #5,898 of 10,015
Hi guys, for those of you who have ordered a Rögnir, have you received any lead production times from Valentin and his team?

I note that there is a waiting time of approximately 5 weeks, at this juncture.

I'm just asking for a friend. :wink:

Sep 1, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #5,899 of 10,015
Hi guys, for those of you who have ordered a Rögnir, have you received any lead production times from Valentin and his team?

I note that there is a waiting time of approximately 5 weeks, at this juncture.

I'm just asking for a friend. :wink:
Do you know which type of wood you your friend wants?

Sep 1, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #5,900 of 10,015
The rognir
Has anyone could compare the Gjallarhorn GH50 and JM Edition with the Rögnir, the Rögnir must be at an higher lever, however is it worthwhile the huge price difference as when we read about the JM this one is already quiet a great choice and John said he has never heard such an headphone before...
I enjoy the GH50JM Edition because it is overall very very satisifying but it is not the last word on detail retrieval - its the best bloody fun I have when using cans period - I have my Rognir coming so I do not have direct comparison- but my thought is the Rognir is a detail king and the GH50 a Jack of all trades for all things fun and long listening sessions- both gorgeous in construction and looks - both great for closed backs offering privacy while in a blissful state of headphone nirvana both beyond expectations for stage and image- but thats a guess at best for comparison at this point for me

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #5,901 of 10,015
Do you know which type of wood you your friend wants?
My friend is partial toward the silky walnut, teak, and bubinga. They are beautiful, aren't they? :wink:

Hopefully, Kennerton would be able to free their production lines, sooner rather than later. The Rögnir deserves to be heard by more than just a thread-ful of Kennerton fans; it's a headphone that should rightfully garner a decent level of praise, IMO. :)

Sep 2, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #5,902 of 10,015
My friend is partial toward the silky walnut, teak, and bubinga. They are beautiful, aren't they? :wink:

Hopefully, Kennerton would be able to free their production lines, sooner rather than later. The Rögnir deserves to be heard by more than just a thread-ful of Kennerton fans; it's a headphone that should rightfully garner a decent level of praise, IMO. :)
Your friend has great taste!

Sep 3, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #5,904 of 10,015
I haven't posted for a while so I thought I would post pictures of my Gjallarhorn GH50 JM Editions with my Quicksilver amp and Forza Audioworks Claire HPC Mk. 2 cable. I also use an SMSL SU-8 DAC and stream Qobuz hi-rez audio files. Been listening to all of the Beatles recordings from beginning to end--very enjoyable.

Another thing for you streamers--I tried a relatively inexpensive ($22) Blue Jeans Cable Cat 6A ethernet cable and it was a big improvement in all ways over a standard Cat 6 cable. Go figure. It seems as if virtually everything in hardware makes a sonic difference.

Attachments

• Forza Audioworks.JPG
    Forza Audioworks.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 0
Sep 3, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #5,905 of 10,015
Owners and non owners alike- If you could tune the Rognir would you want it more neutral or more warm (more bass)

Sep 3, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #5,906 of 10,015
I haven't posted for a while so I thought I would post pictures of my Gjallarhorn GH50 JM Editions with my Quicksilver amp and Forza Audioworks Claire HPC Mk. 2 cable. I also use an SMSL SU-8 DAC and stream Qobuz hi-rez audio files. Been listening to all of the Beatles recordings from beginning to end--very enjoyable.

Another thing for you streamers--I tried a relatively inexpensive ($22) Blue Jeans Cable Cat 6A ethernet cable and it was a big improvement in all ways over a standard Cat 6 cable. Go figure. It seems as if virtually everything in hardware makes a sonic difference.
Love that amp - love qs- have u tried silver wire with that combo ?

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #5,907 of 10,015

I like the headband cover on the outer “cantilevers”. Try adding a Dekoni nugget to increase immunity from microphonics.
2788D9F8-593E-4A4A-B2E7-998C23439C24.jpeg

Sep 3, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #5,908 of 10,015
Owners and non owners alike- If you could tune the Rognir would you want it more neutral or more warm (more bass)
Make/leave it as neutral…a bassy warm version could be called Bognir…

Sep 3, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #5,909 of 10,015
Love that amp - love qs- have u tried silver wire with that combo ?
I haven't tried silver headphone cables yet as my money has been tied up just buying an amp, DAC, USB cable, interconnects, headphone cable, ethernet cable, etc. I probably will eventually get around to buying some silver Arctic or Norne cables as soon as my wallet recovers.

Sep 3, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #5,910 of 10,015
I am still so in awe of the sheer musical beauty that the HP-Diamond/Wodan is capable of delivering. It really has the capability to tough you while your are dreaming away on some tunes like "Guardian angel" by Riverside; Mariusz Duda's voice comes close to what I believe an angel would sound like. Thát feeling is what makes the HP-Diamond special for me. I have had so many other headphones and some that are as capable as these are but none made me ever question what the sound of an angel would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back