Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Aug 29, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #5,881 of 10,026
I had the same issue several months ago. I emailed them multiple times and could not get a response. I talked about it here and then everyone jumped all over me like it was my fault; sure, blame the customer. Anyway, good luck.
Yes, you did in fact emailed someone who obviously Kennerton has nothing to do with. I replied you there and then at headfi asking you to write to info@kennerton.com - zero reaction.

Aug 29, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #5,882 of 10,026
I am a part of Kennerton and we are replying to all relevant emails! And we did not receive any of those.

Please, send your emails to info@kennerton.com - the official Kennerton email. Please, do also forward the initial email to check the reason it did not reach us

As for the graphs for every unit - it is a myth, we do check all the units and take measurements, however we do not keep those for any reasons by default.
Thanks. I sent you a screenshot here in PM and will forward the email again - to the same email address.

Aug 29, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #5,883 of 10,026
Yes, you did in fact emailed someone who obviously Kennerton has nothing to do with. I replied you there and then at headfi asking you to write to info@kennerton.com - zero reaction.
You're wrong and lying. I DID email Kennerton directly, as well. Like I said, what a great representation of customer service to attack the consumer. Guess how many Kennerton products I'll be buying in the future?

And what's your excuse for not responding to @DarginMahkum? Will you be attacking him on the chat boards soon? Smh.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #5,884 of 10,026
And what's your excuse for not responding to @DarginMahkum? Will you be attacking him on the chat boards soon? Smh.
It was possibly missed like mine. He was able to find my email and respond with an apology. Maybe if you can find yours and when you sent it, he might be able to find it.

Aug 29, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #5,886 of 10,026
How's the Rognir's soundstage and imaging vs. the Verite Closed? I'm considering whether to go for the Rognir or the new DCA Stealth. From what I've heard so far, the Stealth's bass is a bit light, but it's soundstage is impressive.

Aug 29, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #5,887 of 10,026
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 30, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #5,888 of 10,026
How's the Rognir's soundstage and imaging vs. the Verite Closed? I'm considering whether to go for the Rognir or the new DCA Stealth. From what I've heard so far, the Stealth's bass is a bit light, but it's soundstage is impressive.
Imaging is *much* sharper on Rognir, presented with a level of precision that the VC can't compete with (and maybe isn't designed to compete with). Soundstage is also considerably more holographic on Rognir than VC, sense of space is much wider. VC by contrast is more intimate. For me, Rognir sounds more like an open back than the VC.

Aug 30, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #5,889 of 10,026
Imaging is *much* sharper on Rognir, presented with a level of precision that the VC can't compete with (and maybe isn't designed to compete with). Soundstage is also considerably more holographic on Rognir than VC, sense of space is much wider. VC by contrast is more intimate. For me, Rognir sounds more like an open back than the VC.

Damn, that's high praise :) Now I'm REALLY tempted to try this headphone.

Aug 30, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #5,890 of 10,026
Damn, that's high praise :) Now I'm REALLY tempted to try this headphone.
They're definitely outstanding headphones, but to have both is ideal - VC has a very engaging and warm timbre, as you know. Rognir has more control and a more refined timbre without the warm bloom of the VC.

But if the question is, which of these is more technically proficient with a wider soundstage, then there's no question whatsoever that the Rognir is in a different class. No contest. I love ZMF and I have a huge respect for Zach, but on a technical level, the Rognir is much faster and more precise. Again, I don't see that as a flaw in the VC, because they're offering a different kind of presentation.

Hope you get to demo the Rognir in any case!

Aug 30, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #5,891 of 10,026
They're definitely outstanding headphones, but to have both is ideal - VC has a very engaging and warm timbre, as you know. Rognir has more control and a more refined timbre without the warm bloom of the VC.

But if the question is, which of these is more technically proficient with a wider soundstage, then there's no question whatsoever that the Rognir is in a different class. No contest. I love ZMF and I have a huge respect for Zach, but on a technical level, the Rognir is much faster and more precise. Again, I don't see that as a flaw in the VC, because they're offering a different kind of presentation.

@duranxv I've only listened to the Rögnir once, but this is how I'd describe the differences between the 2, too. The Vérité Closed isn't as resolving as the Rögnir, but I don't think that it's trying to. The ZMF certainly offers a more musical and lush listening experience, as opposed to the quasi-neutral technical powerhouse that is the Rögnir. Both of these headphones complement each other (very) well, really.

Aug 30, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #5,892 of 10,026
@duranxv I've only listened to the Rögnir once, but this is how I'd describe the differences between the 2, too. The Vérité Closed isn't as resolving as the Rögnir, but I don't think that it's trying to. The ZMF certainly offers a more musical and lush listening experience, as opposed to the quasi-neutral technical powerhouse that is the Rögnir. Both of these headphones complement each other (very) well, really.
That's a very good summation.

Aug 30, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #5,894 of 10,026

Thankfully they have a local distributor in NYC and they told me that they're receiving a shipment of Rognirs in a few weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to demo them at their store. I'm going to bring my VC's to compare side by side if they'll indulge me :)

Aug 31, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #5,895 of 10,026
Thankfully they have a local distributor in NYC and they told me that they're receiving a shipment of Rognirs in a few weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to demo them at their store. I'm going to bring my VC's to compare side by side if they'll indulge me :)
I look forward to your comparative impressions between these 2 top of the line closed backs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back