Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Sep 3, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #5,911 of 10,023
Owners and non owners alike- If you could tune the Rognir would you want it more neutral or more warm (more bass)
Personally I think making it more warm would take away the magic of it. I know others would think differently. To me, the Rognir is THE ortho for people who don't like orthos but if someone is coming from a reference of Audeze or Abyss I can see how they'd want it tuned for a more prominent low end.

Sep 3, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #5,912 of 10,023
For the owners here: How's the bass in general? Is it thin and light like most planars? Or is it capable of heft that's at least within the ballpark of a dynamic driver? (even if it needs a bit of EQ?). I may offend some of the purists here, but I literally cannot listen to ANY headphone (whether it was my TH900 or VC) without EQ. I just can't tolerate it, lol.

Sep 3, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #5,913 of 10,023
I am still so in awe of the sheer musical beauty that the HP-Diamond/Wodan is capable of delivering. It really has the capability to tough you while your are dreaming away on some tunes like "Guardian angel" by Riverside; Mariusz Duda's voice comes close to what I believe an angel would sound like. Thát feeling is what makes the HP-Diamond special for me. I have had so many other headphones and some that are as capable as these are but none made me ever question what the sound of an angel would be.

I'd never head of that band before... They're amazing! Time to fully dive in to everything they've done.

Sep 4, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #5,916 of 10,023
Tried contacting Kennerton at info@kennerton.com to get a new Rognir Beech Dark Coffee order started. No response. I'm aware of the possible 5-week wait time...just wanna get an order in. Any ideas guys?

Since you are in the US maybe try and contact Audio46 the US distributor.

Sep 4, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #5,917 of 10,023
For the owners here: How's the bass in general? Is it thin and light like most planars? Or is it capable of heft that's at least within the ballpark of a dynamic driver? (even if it needs a bit of EQ?). I may offend some of the purists here, but I literally cannot listen to ANY headphone (whether it was my TH900 or VC) without EQ. I just can't tolerate it, lol.
Rognir or another model?

Sep 4, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #5,918 of 10,023
Owners and non owners alike- If you could tune the Rognir would you want it more neutral or more warm (more bass)
A little more body in the mid-bass would be perfect, for my tastes.

With that being said, it's great enough, as it is; I wouldn't want to mess with a winning formula.

Sep 4, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #5,919 of 10,023
I think planar has best bass. Rognir’s bass is ok… not superb. HavenT heard DCA Stealth yet, but one of the best in closed back headphones for sure. Closed back has physical limit, if you are a bass hunger listener, you should try Audeze LCD4 or Abyss AB1266 phi tc.

Sep 4, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #5,921 of 10,023
I think planar has best bass. Rognir’s bass is ok… not superb. HavenT heard DCA Stealth yet, but one of the best in closed back headphones for sure. Closed back has physical limit, if you are a bass hunger listener, you should try Audeze LCD4 or Abyss AB1266 phi tc.
I tend to find closed backs have more impactful bass than open back.

Sep 4, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #5,922 of 10,023
I was listening a moment ago to some vaguely EDM type music. Bass is quick, punchy, well controlled, with great extension. Definitely not lacking. But where it differs from VC is that it doesn't have the epic bass bloom that generates a lush warm low end. Rögnir is a fairly neutral listen, but that doesn't mean it's lacking.

Sep 4, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #5,923 of 10,023
Closed back has physical limit, if you are a bass hunger listener, you should try Audeze LCD4 or Abyss AB1266 phi tc.
Sony Z1R, with their huge 70mm DD.

Sep 4, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #5,924 of 10,023
Well I understand the Rognir ear pads can tilt sound one way or the other I’m not looking for rognir to be a bass canon those types of hps don’t interest me after a few hours - seems like Rognir is balanced and that is wonderful
I’m still waiting on mine
I’m glad owners liked the sound can’t wait to hear mine soon

Sep 4, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #5,925 of 10,023
I was listening a moment ago to some vaguely EDM type music. Bass is quick, punchy, well controlled, with great extension. Definitely not lacking. But where it differs from VC is that it doesn't have the epic bass bloom that generates a lush warm low end. Rögnir is a fairly neutral listen, but that doesn't mean it's lacking.
Clearly defined by a quality vs quantity characteristic. TC is the only exception that provides them both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back