Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Aug 8, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #5,671 of 10,021
That reminds me of when my 5yr daughter was a baby ..... she was around 7-month old in this photo.

Yes, that's the 1st generation Odin.

Oh, she's the girl in my profile pic (wearing her own Audio Technica ESW9LTD).

Not promoting the app, but interesting experiment. He made his kid listen to complex music of, for example, Aydin Esen, and says this is what has happened.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #5,672 of 10,021
Is that leather cover on the Rognir metal frame removable? Is it a Kennerton novelty that can be used on other models with the same headband (like Wodan and Thekk)?

Aug 8, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #5,673 of 10,021
What a coincident .... I haven't looked at this thread for several days and coming back just now ... while listening to Therion's "From the Dionysian Days" from the Crowing of Atlantis album with my Kennerton Odin Mk2 (with ECL-02 pads)

DSC_8597.jpg

Oh, "From the Dionysian Days" is my favorite song from that album by the way :)
Love the drums at 1:02 with the 9200s :wink:

Aug 8, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #5,675 of 10,021
Just connect those headphones and let your son be happy and enjoy music :rage: :beerchug:
I do from time to time….but not when he is modeling lol.

Aug 8, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #5,676 of 10,021
About that manowar cover: the best they did was this one at the Live Gothic tour (imo ofc :p)

I've just watched the video and was so funny: the band presentation at the beginning (I laughed a lot) and that little hammer - to put some little nails -... The best was when the drummer sung the chorus :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Thanks very much for sharing.

Aug 9, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #5,677 of 10,021
I've just watched the video and was so funny: the band presentation at the beginning (I laughed a lot) and that little hammer - to put some little nails -... The best was when the drummer sung the chorus :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Thanks very much for sharing.
Very nice, indeed - thanks, @arielext Definitely better sense of humour than Manowar themselves.

Aug 9, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #5,679 of 10,021
Manowar had...sense of humor? :p
I think this is one of - if not the - most elusive questions in the history of heavy metal: are Manowar self-aware and hamming it up for the crowd?

After extensive research of their biographies, performances, history, and lyrical content - especially the much maligned "Pleasure Slaves" - to say nothing of actually being a member of the "Army of Immortals" since 1992, I've come to conclusion that, indeed, they don't have a sense of humour unless that sense of humour is so brilliantly "meta" that it articulates itself as a sort of anti-humour.... #DeathToFalseMetal

Aug 9, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #5,680 of 10,021
Hi guys. Sent an email to Kennerton last night to buy the new Kennerton Vali neoteric and they replied a few minutes ago. That was really quick :)

Im really intrigued by the new Vali as theres no reviews anywhere except the one from Boizoff, and that was a prototype.
Im gonna order the curly maple one.

Hopefully I would be comparing the Vali 2019 vs the 2021 soon.

Aug 9, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #5,681 of 10,021
I think this is one of - if not the - most elusive questions in the history of heavy metal: are Manowar self-aware and hamming it up for the crowd?

After extensive research of their biographies, performances, history, and lyrical content - especially the much maligned "Pleasure Slaves" - to say nothing of actually being a member of the "Army of Immortals" since 1992, I've come to conclusion that, indeed, they don't have a sense of humour unless that sense of humour is so brilliantly "meta" that it articulates itself as a sort of anti-humour.... #DeathToFalseMetal
In my eyes, they are chuckle heads with streroid pumped egos, with social views just a tick better than caveman (sorry caveman, I know you don't deserve his comparison). But I have to admit, Kings of Metal was one of the first metal albums I have heard as a 12 year old kid, but never listened to any other album from them.

Aug 9, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #5,682 of 10,021
In my eyes, they are chuckle heads with streroid pumped egos, with social views just a tick better than caveman (sorry caveman, I know you don't deserve his comparison). But I have to admit, Kings of Metal was one of the first metal albums I have heard as a 12 year old kid, but never listened to any other album from them.
I totally agree. And they only got worse, especially with their dodgy guitar player whose name I cannot even begin to mention.

I was 10 years old when Kings of Metal came out, and it was basically the soundtrack to my youth. I was obsessed with them and in particular that album. Their first six albums up to and including Triumph of Steel are fantastic and still hold up. Everything after is a disaster.

I have to confess for all that, I still listen to them. A lot. :fearful:

Aug 9, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #5,683 of 10,021
I totally agree. And they only got worse, especially with their dodgy guitar player whose name I cannot even begin to mention.

I was 10 years old when Kings of Metal came out, and it was basically the soundtrack to my youth. I was obsessed with them and in particular that album. Their first six albums up to and including Triumph of Steel are fantastic and still hold up. Everything after is a disaster.

I have to confess for all that, I still listen to them. A lot. :fearful:
I think I was introduced to metal with KoM and Metallica AJFA. I remember seeing the next album too, but either it never appealed to me or I didn't listen to it at all. My long term metal at the time and later was Testament, and it is maybe the only band from those times I still regularly check and like most of the albums.

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #5,684 of 10,021
I think I was introduced to metal with KoM and Metallica AJFA. I remember seeing the next album too, but either it never appealed to me or I didn't listen to it at all. My long term metal at the time and later was Testament, and it is maybe the only band from those times I still regularly check and like most of the albums.
Yup, there was like a 4 year gap between "Kings of Metal" and "Triumph of Steel," so I think they fell of the radar. Plus, grunge. I saw Manowar at the London Marquee in April 1994, just after Kurt Cobain killed himself and I remember thinking how ridiculous this whole Manowar spectacle had become by then.

I was also into Testament, especially "Souls of Black" and "The Ritual," especially the latter. Probably one of the few bands from that era still producing convincing stuff, maybe also Anthrax.

With a few exceptions (i.e., Death, Opeth, Morbid Angel, SYL), I tend not to listen to anything after Megadeth's "Youthanasia." The production and general direction after 1994 leaves me cold. Hope I'm not missing out on anything...

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #5,685 of 10,021
It seems the Kennerton thread is a place where a lot of people are into metal music. Great music and Kennerton makes great headphones for metal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back