Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jul 4, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #5,416 of 10,062
Couple of pictures, text detailed impressions are coming.

Constellation Kennerton, with Rognir added.

Kennerton_en.png

And full starmap.
HP-starmap-20210704.png

Jul 4, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #5,417 of 10,062
@levap Having heard the Wodan at the show, would you say its an evolution/similar character to the Thridi?

Jul 5, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #5,418 of 10,062
Letting Thekk go without waiting for the break in would have been one of the biggest mistakes I would have done in this hobby.
It considerably improved the performance in every way possible, so much so that I gave the P-SE back to my wife and staying with Thekk.

The thickish mid forwardness is still there but at a level that helps some recordiings to be more enjoyable . For some recordings I still need a slight (2-3 dB) EQ, but that is rather my preference. It sounds much better balanced. Dynamics are very good. Separation and textures improved greatly. Speed is excellent.

Gladly crowning Thekk as my main open back.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #5,419 of 10,062
Letting Thekk go without waiting for the break in would have been one of the biggest mistakes I would have done in this hobby.
It considerably improved the performance in every way possible, so much so that I gave the P-SE back to my wife and staying with Thekk.

The thickish mid forwardness is still there but at a level that helps some recordiings to be more enjoyable . For some recordings I still need a slight (2-3 dB) EQ, but that is rather my preference. It sounds much better balanced Dynamics are very good. Separation and textures improved greatly. Speed is excellent.

Gladly crowning Thekk as my main open back.
What a journey of yours.

Now your main open and closed back headphones are both from Kennerton.

Jul 5, 2021 at 4:10 AM Post #5,420 of 10,062
Having heard the Wodan at the show, would you say its an evolution/similar character to the Thridi?
Not so sure, I had a very short time listening Wodan and so I don't have opinion on their sound signature to publish. I would try them with pleasure at least to place them on starmap, but no plans to buy them for now.

Jul 5, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #5,421 of 10,062
Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #5,422 of 10,062
Jul 5, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #5,424 of 10,062
It was. Although I hold Solitaire P technically above all, there was something I couldn't ignore anymore: Comfort and weight. My main reason for letting P go is here (one of my first posts after I got the P):

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/t-a-solitaire-p-planar-magnetostatic.924381/page-14#post-16045686

I start to value comfort more and more.

My headphone journey started with the P and as a result my neck muscles are a lot stronger than they used to be, but I'm very active so I see this as a plus!

I'm hunting for a closed back HP now - what would compare to the Rognir on that front..?

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #5,425 of 10,062
My headphone journey started with the P and as a result my neck muscles are a lot stronger than they used to be, but I'm very active so I see this as a plus!

I'm hunting for a closed back HP now - what would compare to the Rognir on that front..?
Verite closed for a warmer signature.

Hifiman he-r10p.

Apart from that the Rögnir reigns supreme for now

Jul 5, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #5,427 of 10,062

I haven't heard VC and R10P yet but Rögnir is a solid choice, but at least for me, it still needs some EQ for the lower mids / high bass, for the perfect tonality - it is slightly on the thinner side there. The HA200 bass EQ might help, depending on your preferences. I had the Vertite open and sold it as I preferred Stellia, which I sold for Denon D9200, and that was replaced by Rögnir.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #5,428 of 10,062
Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #5,429 of 10,062
Hi guys, heres a quick update of the LSA HP-1/ Wodan comparison.

In that comparison I said that I was leaning towards the warm and bassier sound of the HP-1, but after spending more hours with the Wodan, I think I have a new favourite hp.

The Wodan makes all that the HP-1 can do, but they bring some technical upgrades that really improves the experience.
At first I was a bit reluctant because of the slightly more neutral tuning of the Wodan, but they are really growing on me and never souns boring like other "neutral" hps that I've tried.

Still need to burn them properly, but Im pretty sure these could be my planar endgame.

Btw, I'll leave a link to a new review of the Wodan by Majorhifi : https://majorhifi.com/kennerton-wodan/

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #5,430 of 10,062
Is Rognir completely closed and isolated or the music leaks to outside?
I would call them "average" in isolation. They don't leak outside more than i.e. Senn 820. And Denon 7000 plays outside much more loud than Rognir. But Mad Dog are more silent outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back