Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jul 2, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #5,388 of 10,069
Thekk and Rögnir break-in process is going on. Updates will come on Sunday. But in the meanwhile, I wanted to shortly try how good old Individual Thought Patterns sounds with Rögnir. It needs some EQ for low mids but otherwise the separation, stage and clarity is spectacular! And it is a lot of with Gene Hoglan's kicks. I can nearly hear complete bass lines with crystal clarity, texture and separation.

I would love to have similar soft and comfortable pads also on Thekk.

Jul 2, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #5,389 of 10,069
Thekk and Rögnir break-in process is going on. Updates will come on Sunday. But in the meanwhile, I wanted to shortly try how good old Individual Thought Patterns sounds with Rögnir. It needs some EQ for low mids but otherwise the separation, stage and clarity is spectacular! And it is a lot of with Gene Hoglan's kicks. I can nearly hear complete bass lines with crystal clarity, texture and separation.

You listen to very good music :metal:

Which headphones have you tried with metal music before Rögnir and how do you compare with them? Do you prefer the Rögnir above all them for metal? I'm interested in Abyss 1266 TC (because a lot of people, including @levap, loves them for metal) and Rögnir with metal music.

Jul 2, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #5,390 of 10,069

Great album

Jul 2, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #5,391 of 10,069
A small teaser, maybe, for Thekk. I haven't heard any better rendetion of Chick Corea EB's 'Eye of the Beholder' album from any other HP until now, and that includes the Solitaire P. This album just doesn't have the 'ballsy' sound of 'To the Stars', though it is an excellent production otherwise. The body is missing. Not with Thekk. Through Thekk it becomes the same full, ballsy production like 'To the Stars'. Just to give you an idea about what it does to the sound, and that is without EQ. With fuller and mid forward sounding album, I prefer it with EQ.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #5,392 of 10,069
You listen to very good music :metal:

Which headphones have you tried with metal music before Rögnir and how do you compare with them? Do you prefer the Rögnir above all them for metal? I'm interested in Abyss 1266 TC (because a lot of people, including @levap, loves them for metal) and Rögnir with metal music.
Without EQ, I find the mids of Rögnir a bit hollow for metal, but just add that +4dB to lower mids and you are good to go. I haven't tried the TC, I generally skip too heavy or too hard to drive HPs, as I also like to use my HPs with portables.

Before Rögnir, it was D8KP, TH900 and D9200. I guess, the usual suspects. :) I prefer the EQ'ed Rögnir to all others due to comfort (D8KP, D9200) and better balanced, clearer sound (TH900).

Jul 2, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #5,393 of 10,069
Great album
I haven't been a huge metal listener since Necrophagist stopped making albums, but I still have my key albums or groups that cannot stop listening time to time. Death is for sure one of them: Human, ITP and Symbolic trio.

EDIT: But listened to the last album of Nile, at least. :)

Jul 2, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #5,394 of 10,069

Amazing record, you got good taste both in headphones and music :)

Jul 2, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #5,395 of 10,069
Just received a pair of Kennerton Wodan that I bought from a good friend here. Really excited to try those.
Might do a quick comparison with the LSA HP-1 soon.

IMG_20210702_185633.jpg

IMG_20210702_185126.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #5,396 of 10,069
Just received a pair of Kennerton Wodan that I bought from a good friend here. Really excited to try those.

IMG_20210702_185633.jpg

IMG_20210702_185126.jpg
Beautiful is that wood Palisander?

Jul 2, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #5,397 of 10,069
Gorgeous

Jul 2, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #5,400 of 10,069

IMG_20210702_185633.jpg

IMG_20210702_185126.jpg
And you have an amazing looking HP. I love Wodan's design. Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back