Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jun 10, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #5,191 of 10,059
His pair needed to be adjusted (bent) inward for better fit
He says ummm too much for me to get through with ez
But my thought is he needs to make them fit a little bit tighter and the stage and sound would have been better/ it amazes me when reviewers don’t fool around with cup fit more or the pressure test while listening to music

With my open back Kennertons I don't feel the need of more clamping force. I tried pressing the cups and the sound didn't improve as with the closed backs.
It really depends of the shape of your head tho.

Jun 10, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #5,192 of 10,059
When he mentioned drape and clamp force compared to lcd I realized he needs adjustment- but yes I agree

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #5,193 of 10,059
With my open back Kennertons I don't feel the need of more clamping force. I tried pressing the cups and the sound didn't improve as with the closed backs.
It really depends of the shape of your head tho.
Yes open back would not affect the sound much as sound flows openly
Its the closed back, that clamp force matters to get the proper seal...particularly the low end is greatly affected by this

Jun 10, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #5,194 of 10,059
i wish there's some middle ground for the clamp force....with the classic Thor headband its almost like a vice grip on your head...I can only wear it for so long before it starts to bother me esp near the jawline
While the newer headband is more comfortable but feels somewhat loose and the steel needs to be bent to get a more proper fit especially the closed back

Jun 10, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #5,195 of 10,059
To Bend is to create a more custom fit is what I find
I like the comfort since I set that part myself- the rest is comfortable

Jun 10, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #5,196 of 10,059
To Bend is to create a more custom fit is what I find
I like the comfort since I set that part myself- the rest is comfortable
100% agree about the need for a bend. They are actually my cans that I sent to demo, which is why he's not bending them for his head :)

I picked them up used, and I am hard pressed to find a fault at the used price. Fantastic value.

Jun 10, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #5,197 of 10,059
100% agree about the need for a bend. They are actually my cans that I sent to demo, which is why he's not bending them for his head :)

I picked them up used, and I am hard pressed to find a fault at the used price. Fantastic value.
Awesome

Jun 11, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #5,199 of 10,059
finally here and getting their first listen as I type. Very similar to the Thekk is my first impression which is a very good thing. Need lots of burn in. More impressions and photos to follow after I have some time with them.
15F262C1-84BA-4F74-9096-255712C98327.jpeg

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #5,200 of 10,059
Thank for this! So the soundstage is a bit of an improvement, but not much? I have heard some comments about Kennerton having great soundstage and imaging and others being less enthusiastic about them in this regard. Arya on the other hand, the soundstage is the thing that is most mentioned about those. If I am going to get something in addition to the LCD2.2 I have, I want it to be perhaps closer to a night and day difference in the overall sound, especially when it comes to staging and depth.
Hey mate
I have Lcd2.2 pre fazor and Kennerton Thridi.
Thridi is of similar sq to hp1.

The differences with most music is not great and as described here. More sub bass with lcd and more air with Thridi.

But with good recordings, and suitable genres, there can be an impressive difference.

Not night and day, but almost.

Jun 11, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #5,201 of 10,059
@John Massaria Is there a need to bend the new headband design for the Rögnir as well? Thanks.
my Bog wood Rognir hasn't been sent yet so I will let you know... maybe ask other owners here of Rognir- I would love to hear what they say too

Jun 11, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #5,203 of 10,059
@John Massaria Is there a need to bend the new headband design for the Rögnir as well? Thanks.
maybe ask other owners here of Rognir- I would love to hear what they say too

I don't think the Rognir need to be adjusted for additional clamping force like some of the closed-back dynamic HPs (Magni and Gjallarhorn). The Rognir has a shallow ear cup, it almost feels more like an on-ear rather than over-ear HP to me, even though the cushions are wide enough to easily sit around my ear and not on it.

Jun 11, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #5,205 of 10,059
His pair needed to be adjusted (bent) inward for better fit
He says ummm too much for me to get through with ez
But my thought is he needs to make them fit a little bit tighter and the stage and sound would have been better/ it amazes me when reviewers don’t fool around with cup fit more or the pressure test while listening to music

Hey John, my JM Edition Gjallahorn GH50 arrived yesterday and you aren't kidding about so cup pressure/fit are of critical importance! Listening out of my M8, just applying light pressure on the cups makes them the most dynamic headphones I've ever heard!

Question, is there a way. To achieve critical tightness without damaging my GH50?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back