Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jun 6, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #5,162 of 10,121
Hey just wondering if anyone has tried the Kennerton Atlas Amp what are your thoughts,
I just bought one off a mate with a Power supply upgrade ( Gieseler 12v 4A Nichicon Gold Tune ) something cheap for the lounge-room , Cheers

Attachments

• Atlas.jpeg
    Atlas.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 0
  • atlas-5.jpg
    atlas-5.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (470).png
    Screenshot (470).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Jun 6, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #5,163 of 10,121
Would love to know ur thoughts on the dac amp -

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #5,164 of 10,121
Looking to get my second "serious" headphone. I have only had for many years the LCD-2.2 (last run just before fazor). I have been very happy with these over the years and it sounds like a have a rare bird, but I am wondering what I am missing. I think that I am interested in a larger, less "in head" soundstage. I have read a lot of good things about the LSA HP-1 and want to know how they would compare to my older but still awesome LCD-2.2. Would the LSA HP-1 be a step up from them, or should I be looking at something like the Arya? My current system is Bluesound Node2i via coax > Yulong DA8 Mk 1 DAC balanced > Jot 1. Also looking at upgrading to a class A amp (Flux FA-12 maybe) and an R2R DAC down the road.

Jun 6, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #5,165 of 10,121
Looking to get my second "serious" headphone. I have only had for many years the LCD-2.2 (last run just before fazor). I have been very happy with these over the years and it sounds like a have a rare bird, but I am wondering what I am missing. I think that I am interested in a larger, less "in head" soundstage. I have read a lot of good things about the LSA HP-1 and want to know how they would compare to my older but still awesome LCD-2.2. Would the LSA HP-1 be a step up from them, or should I be looking at something like the Arya? My current system is Bluesound Node2i via coax > Yulong DA8 Mk 1 DAC balanced > Jot 1. Also looking at upgrading to a class A amp (Flux FA-12 maybe) and an R2R DAC down the road.
Hi. I had the LCD 2 2017 fazor and now I own an LSA HP1. For me it was an improvement in terms of detail, timbre and soundstage. But Don't expect night and day differences because the LCD2 are already a great hp.

The LCD is a bit darker and extends more in the subass, but the LSA with the ECL 02 pads got really good bass too with less quantity but more quality compared to the LCD bass. Mids are way more natural in the LSA and treble, althought it's a bit roll off just like the LCD2, has more sparkle and air.

I've tried plenty of headphones under 2k and the LSA HP1 are my favourite by far. They are the perfect mix of musicality and technical abilities, plus the build quality and comfort are top notch.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #5,166 of 10,121
Hi. I had the LCD 2 2017 fazor and now I own an LSA HP1. For me it was an improvement in terms of detail, timbre and soundstage. But Don't expect night and day differences because the LCD2 are already a great hp.

The LCD is a bit darker and extends more in the subass, but the LSA with the ECL 02 pads got really good bass too with less quantity but more quality compared to the LCD bass. Mids are way more natural in the LSA and treble, althought it's a bit roll off just like the LCD2, has more sparkle and air.

I've tried plenty of headphones under 2k and the LSA HP1 are my favourite by far. They are the perfect mix of musicality and technical abilities, plus the build quality and comfort are top notch.
Thank for this! So the soundstage is a bit of an improvement, but not much? I have heard some comments about Kennerton having great soundstage and imaging and others being less enthusiastic about them in this regard. Arya on the other hand, the soundstage is the thing that is most mentioned about those. If I am going to get something in addition to the LCD2.2 I have, I want it to be perhaps closer to a night and day difference in the overall sound, especially when it comes to staging and depth.

Jun 6, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #5,167 of 10,121
Thank for this! So the soundstage is a bit of an improvement, but not much? I have heard some comments about Kennerton having great soundstage and imaging and others being less enthusiastic about them in this regard. Arya on the other hand, the soundstage is the thing that is most mentioned about those. If I am going to get something in addition to the LCD2.2 I have, I want it to be perhaps closer to a night and day difference in the overall sound, especially when it comes to staging and depth.
The soundstage in the LSA is very natural and it's wide and have a good depth. It's definitelly bigger than the LCD2. Imaging is also very precise.
Arya got bigger soundstage but the musical presentation is way different and less enganging IMHO. It depends of your preferences and the genres that you listen. But if you enjoyed the LCD2, the LSA is a better choice, the Arya are quite the opposite of the Audezes.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #5,168 of 10,121
I haven't tried the LCD-2s, but I do own both the LSA's and LCD-3s. I much prefer the LSAs for their more neutral presentation, but they don't lose out on the musicality at all. The LSAs are fantastic for rock, as an example.

I agree with Tano though. If your goal is to purchase a 'better' can than your LCD2s, you can't do better than the LSA's under 2k. If your goal is to try a completely different style of headphone to compliment your LCDs, get the Arya.

Edit: personally, I'd get the HP-1 as I don't think there is a single genre they can't do well.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #5,172 of 10,121
Hey all I have an Kennerton-Atlas Head-Phone Amp on the way and was wondering if I can use the 12AXF Tubes in this Amp,
I know it uses 6N2p or 6N2-J tubes but would like to know if I have that option, 12AXF tubes sound great on other Amps and have more options for tube rolling,
If not can anyone give me other options/suggestions
Cheers.

Jun 8, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #5,174 of 10,121
Jun 8, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #5,175 of 10,121
I just received my HP Diamonds from Underwood last week and let them burn in for the recommended 100 hours, I understand I received the last of the light wood. I really like the wood. I'm using an Eddie Current ZDT Jr amp, I'm going to upgrade the amp very shortly as I believe these HP scale nicely. They change character as I change Dacs. I prefer them with my Wadia Di322 (seem to hit harder with the Wadia). Other Dacs are PS Audio Direct Stream, Hugo 2 and D50s/P50 combo. I also ordered the 02 pads to see if there is a significant difference...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back