Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Sep 17, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #31 of 10,023
FA-003 and Yoga CD-880 has a Mylar diaphragm. 
FA-003Ti and Kennerton Magister has a titanium diaphragm, which not used anywhere else. But Magister equipped with very good cable, natural leather ear-cushions and headband, and patented Bog Oak cups with unique inner geometry. Of course, these parts has extremely influence on sound. Yes, this is magic =)))

Thanks Hardcorist for clarification.

The Kennerton website shows that the price for Odin is $1999 USD and Magister is $799.

I didn't expect such a high price tag!

Sep 26, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #33 of 10,023
You talk about Magister. Odin's enclosure made of Mahagoni. 

FA-003 and Yoga CD-880 has a Mylar diaphragm. 

FA-003Ti and Kennerton Magister has a titanium diaphragm, which not used anywhere else. But Magister equipped with very good cable, natural leather ear-cushions and headband, and patented Bog Oak cups with unique inner geometry. O[COLOR=222222]f course[/COLOR][COLOR=222222],[/COLOR] [COLOR=222222]these parts has[/COLOR] [COLOR=222222]extremely[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]influence on[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]sound[/COLOR][COLOR=222222]. Yes, this is magic =)))[/COLOR]

Titanium coated Mylar, actually, to increase rigidity I guess. A common method used by other companies as well.

Sep 26, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #34 of 10,023
you kinda don't want a rigid diaphragm for planar magnetics though...

Sep 27, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #36 of 10,023
I don't think the magister is planar magnetic though. It's dynamic no?

Yes, it's dynamic.

The Kennerton Meister is an closed dynamic headphone. The weight of the titan coated Mylar diaphragm and moving coil of this headphone is approx. 15% compared to other current models. As a result, the Kennerton Meister offers high pulse characteristics and crystal clear sound. The cushion systems made from genuine lamb leather and light weight allow the Kennerton Meister to be used in complete comfort for long periods.

Source: http://www.kennerton.com/magister.htm

Oct 10, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #41 of 10,023
+1 for the maturity kids...

I put the Bog Wood cups on my FA-003Ti and they sound excellent.  The only difference I can see between this and the Kennerton is the cabling and leather instead of pleather.  I welcome a challenge to this, if you can show me any factual evidence that suggests otherwise.

Oct 10, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #42 of 10,023
Guys, don't be rude to each other. If you can't post without being civil, don't post. 
smile.gif

Oct 10, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #43 of 10,023
I put the Bog Wood cups on my FA-003Ti and they sound excellent.  The only difference I can see between this and the Kennerton is the cabling and leather instead of pleather.  I welcome a challenge to this, if you can show me any factual evidence that suggests otherwise.

Please clarifiy:

You used the Kennerton bog oak cups or the regular fischer upgrade bog oak cups on your standard FA-003Ti and you got the identical sound to the Magister ?

Or do you mean to say there is no difference between the bog oak cups and the regular plastic cups ?

Did you experience any difference from swapping the Magister earpads onto your regular FA-003Ti ?

In my experience the material and the filling of the pads already makes a huge difference. Yes i would question your opinion here. The Kennerton bog oak cups and real leather pads are creating a different sound. Putting both on a regular FA-003Ti might replicate the sound to identical level. I can not prove it , do you ?

Oct 10, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #44 of 10,023
I don't have the Kennerton, so I can't compare.  I just said my FA_003Ti's sound excellent with the different cups.  The bog wood is only available from Kennerton.  They are the same design as the Magister's less the cosmetic difference if you look at their site.

Are you saying the leather pads make a difference over the pleather ones?  I'm wondering how the acoustics of that work.  Maybe I'll upgrade my pads too.

Oct 10, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #45 of 10,023
Fisher Audio is selling own wooden series with bog oak.

http://fischeraudio.com.sg/FischerAudioAsia/Headphones/Headphones_Model.jsp?Category=Headphones&Series=Wooden&Model=FA-003%20Ti-W%20Bog%20Oak

Yes the pads and especially their filling and the material  in front of the driver can make sonically all the different in the world. Just using a different foam could already cause different sound. I only wanted to point out, that you argument of just the wooden cups might be to simple. It could also be related to the damping and structure of the cups.

The Kennerton Magister might be a Fisher Audio FA-003TI, but dont forget that the Mr.Speakers Alpha Dog was also born as a Fostex T50RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back