Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Sep 8, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #17 of 10,015
  I should be putting up a mini review of these shortly.

L3000.gif

Sep 9, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #18 of 10,015
I should be putting up a mini review of these shortly.

I'm curious. Looking forward to your impressions.

The claims made turn me off a bit, but no more than most nowadays. I'm probably most curious about the price tag that'll come with, "The Best Headphones Ever".

Sep 10, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #20 of 10,015
So heard these for a bit longer yesterday.

Amp used was the Fiio E12DIY with stock opamps. A Sony A828 player powering the whole setup.

The Kennerton are not heavy but a bit bulky as their photos seem to suggest. The Bog Wood is great and worth the

price of admission considering its rarity.

Fit and Finish is up to par for the price and I expect them to last a long time.

The dual entry cable is a fairly hefty unit and thankfully detachable.

Its a standard 1-->2 jack job that should be easy to replace and easy to customise.

Now on to the sound, lets say they are not for bassheads like me but they have a very

mellow and easy listening vibe to them.

The sound is very well balanced with no particular spikes in the frequency range and reasonably neutral.

The bass comes in when it has to, the treble is present but doesn't overstep its boundaries, very important for me

as I hate sibilance and the mids are lush and ear pleasing.

To compare it with existing headphones, its a much better version of the HD650 but just below the

technical abilities of the HD800 and at its price that,s not a bad thing.

Soundstage wont match open air cans but is sufficiently large for a pair of closed back headphones.

The drivers are angled and the pads are thick leather with a beautiful suppleness and should be

comfortable over longer listening periods.

Overall its worth the price and should go well with most decent amps as I noticed that the

Fiio felt a bit underpowered but a good desktop amp should further enhance the sonic abilities of the Kennerton.

Sep 10, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #22 of 10,015
  So heard these for a bit longer yesterday.

Amp used was the Fiio E12DIY with stock opamps. A Sony A828 player powering the whole setup.

The Kennerton are not heavy but a bit bulky as their photos seem to suggest. The Bog Wood is great and worth the

price of admission considering its rarity.

Fit and Finish is up to par for the price and I expect them to last a long time.

The dual entry cable is a fairly hefty unit and thankfully detachable.

Its a standard 1-->2 jack job that should be easy to replace and easy to customise.

Now on to the sound, lets say they are not for bassheads like me but they have a very

mellow and easy listening vibe to them.

The sound is very well balanced with no particular spikes in the frequency range and reasonably neutral.

The bass comes in when it has to, the treble is present but doesn't overstep its boundaries, very important for me

as I hate sibilance and the mids are lush and ear pleasing.

To compare it with existing headphones, its a much better version of the HD650 but just below the

technical abilities of the HD800 and at its price that,s not a bad thing.

Soundstage wont match open air cans but is sufficiently large for a pair of closed back headphones.

The drivers are angled and the pads are thick leather with a beautiful suppleness and should be

comfortable over longer listening periods.

Overall its worth the price and should go well with most decent amps as I noticed that the

Fiio felt a bit underpowered but a good desktop amp should further enhance the sonic abilities of the Kennerton.

Thanks for your review.

but I didn't find the price. How much does it cost? and is it comparable to LCD-2 sonically?

Sep 10, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #23 of 10,015
Its a different beast than the LCD-2. More relaxed and less frantic than the Audeze, which is much darker and bassier than the Kennerton.

Its clocking in at $1000 in Australia but should be $700-800 overseas.

Sep 10, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #26 of 10,015

Its a different beast than the LCD-2. More relaxed and less frantic than the Audeze, which is much darker and bassier than the Kennerton.

Its clocking in at $1000 in Australia but should be $700-800 overseas.

Not a bad price for "The Best Headphones Ever"
biggrin.gif

gikigill is referring to the Magister Headphone

The "Best Headphone Ever" is referring to the add for the Odin from their facebook page 

These are two different heapdhones. Odin (open planar) vs. Magister (closed dynamic)

Sep 11, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #27 of 10,015

gikigill is referring to the Magister Headphone

The "Best Headphone Ever" is referring to the add for the Odin from their facebook page 

These are two different heapdhones. Odin (open planar) vs. Magister (closed dynamic)

Really? I thought I'm reading a review on Odin & not Magister. Now that I looked the last page I found out that you are right & he is talking about Magister.
ksc75smile.gif

So Magister is that good. I didn't expect. Because If I remember correctly it is a clone of FA-003 & FA-003 is a clone of Yoga CD-880 that costs only 100$. But maybe I'm wrong & they did some magic there, like what MrSpeaker & LFF did to T50rp.

Sep 17, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #28 of 10,015
The Kennerton website shows that the price for Odin is $1999 USD and Magister is $799.

popcorn.gif

Sep 17, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #29 of 10,015
The Odin seems to be competing with LCD-3 in that price.

Sep 17, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #30 of 10,015
 The Bog Wood is great and worth the price of admission considering its rarity.

You talk about Magister. Odin's enclosure made of Mahagoni. 

If I remember correctly it is a clone of FA-003 & FA-003 is a clone of Yoga CD-880 that costs only 100$. 

FA-003 and Yoga CD-880 has a Mylar diaphragm. 
FA-003Ti and Kennerton Magister has a titanium diaphragm, which not used anywhere else. But Magister equipped with very good cable, natural leather ear-cushions and headband, and patented Bog Oak cups with unique inner geometry. Of course, these parts has extremely influence on sound. Yes, this is magic =)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back