Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Dec 10, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #3,991 of 10,121
Hehe. Thanks, Eric.
Well, I also have a Magni, which is also quite an upgrade from the Magister.
But the G'horn is definitely an upgrade to that Magni, from what my ears are telling me right now (I have it on my head as I'm writing this. First listen).

Well, it's nice to hear that, to your ear, the Gajallarhorn JM Edition is not a bad headphones; I say this for the French who might think otherwise .... :beyersmile:

Enjoy. :)

For my part, I'm waiting for the Kennerton ECL-02 pads ordered directly from Kennerton; I'll try them out with my son's Thror in a comparison with the original ECL-01 pads.

Dec 10, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #3,992 of 10,121
Well, it's nice to hear that, to your ear, the Gajallarhorn JM Edition is not a bad headphones; I say this for the French who might think otherwise .... :beyersmile:

Enjoy. :)

For my part, I'm waiting for the Kennerton ECL-02 pads ordered directly from Kennerton; I'll try them out with my son's Thror in a comparison with the original ECL-01 pads.

What a coincident. I'm also waiting for the ECL-02 for my Thror.

Regarding the G'horn, well .... agree that it's might not for everyone and every genre. So far I'd been listening only the "symphonic metals" (one of my favorite genres, along side the classical, orchestral, and movies soundtracks), and it works very very well. I'll test it with other genres later.

Dec 10, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #3,993 of 10,121
Trying to figure out why I now have a voice in my head every day- get the GH50 in Blue stabilized Karelian birch (repeated each day...I can not stop thinking it)- I tried reaching out to Valentin by email no response yet...

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #3,995 of 10,121
That one French reviewer likes certain things a certain way in that review- for me and so many others the mod JM edition is one of the finest headphones money can buy - not sure on polarization here by that one reviewer and dozens of owners of the JM Edition who feel like I do vs one guy who likes the stock version 'reverb' sound effect- for me it is no contest the mod JM version happens to be my fav headphone of all time especially since it is closed back- lots of luck with them- if you ever want to sell those blue beauties I would buy em from you!

Since I'd been away from this forum for quite a long time, I believe I missed that review. I should do a bit of dig-up later.

Anyway, I absolutely like what I'm hearing so far (albeit from a small pool of songs in a single genre). This is really amazing. Like I said earlier: Great job, man! *Hat-off*

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #3,996 of 10,121
Not-A-Chance, friend :)

Dave, your collection of headphones with wooden cups (one of the most impressive, by the way) is now missing the ultimate headphones for the Metal Symphonic genre, the future Kennerton planar closed-back headphones.
By the way, I'm very curious to know what it will look like this future Kennerton planar closed-back; which is for sure, if it includes wooden cups, you should be able to get it with for example, this superb blue stabilized Karelian birch wood equipping your Gjallarhorn JM Edition (in photo below).

Lucky, go, but well deserved for the collector that you are, Dave! :)

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #3,997 of 10,121
Dave, your collection of headphones with wooden cups (one of the most impressive, by the way) is now missing the ultimate headphones for the Metal Symphonic genre, the future Kennerton planar closed-back headphones.
By the way, I'm very curious to know what it will look like this future Kennerton planar closed-back; which is for sure, if it includes wooden cups, you should be able to get it with for example, this superb blue stabilized Karelian birch wood equipping your Gjallarhorn JM Edition.

I will be getting that closed-back planar for sure. And I believe, given Kennerton's track record and what they have done, it would be wood.

I already have my idea for the cups, which I would surely ask Valentin for.
I'll be a great match for the 'ultimate symphonic metal headphones'.
You'll see :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #3,998 of 10,121
Finally, finally, finally. I finally got my hands on the beautiful "Blue Stabilized Karelian Birch" :)

Specially made for me for my recent order of the G'Horn JM Edition. Truly a piece of art.

For your eyes pleasure:

DSC_0011.jpgDSC_0018.jpgDSC_0020.jpgDSC_0021.jpgDSC_0024.jpg
Goddamn ... what a beauty! Enjoy the GH-JM :D
The news about closed back planars makes me think of the quote: "he thought he was out" ... Let's see what they come up with. If nothing I still have my HP-1 which I enjoy thoroughly!

Pads ...
1607616255898.png

Still waiting for those last few miles, I hope I get em by Christmas :)

Dec 10, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #3,999 of 10,121
I will be getting that closed-back planar for sure. And I believe, given Kennerton's track record and what they have done, it would be wood.

I already have my idea for the cups, which I would surely ask Valentin for.
I'll be a great match for the 'ultimate symphonic metal headphones'.
You'll see :wink:

This is probably a good way to find out a little more about this future Kennerton planar closed-back headphones.

I hope this upcoming headphones looks as good as your Gjallarhorn JM Edition, which, by the way, that perfectly matches with your ... dress shoes! :wink:

Dec 11, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #4,000 of 10,121
If the closed-back flagship is anywhere close to the Thror and/or Thekk in price and tier, it'll certainly be offered in a variety of pretty-looking wood cups, as opposed to the standard 2 with the Gjallarhorn. I'm already waiting in eager anticipation for the release of this planar!

Dec 11, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #4,001 of 10,121
Hello everyone.

After the excellent reviews (complete and detailed, with measurement curves and comparisons with other headphone) made by the reviewer Sandu Vitalie about the Kennerton Magni v3 (https://soundnews.net/headphones/full-size/kennerton-magni-review/) and the Gjallarhorn GH 50 (unmodified) headphones (https://soundnews.net/headphones/full-size/kennerton-gjallarhorn-gh50-review/), here is an equally informative review to read about the Kennerton Wodan, an open-back planar headphones.

dscf2420-2.jpg

Link: https://soundnews.net/headphones/full-size/kennerton-wodan-review-worthy-of-the-gods/

Happy reading. :)

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #4,002 of 10,121
https://soundnews.net/headphones/full-size/kennerton-wodan-review-worthy-of-the-gods/

Excellent preamble on the company Kennerton and its CEO by the reviewer! Must read.

You will understand the luck of Dave (@ithilienrp) with his sublime Kennerton Gjallarhorn JM Edition, blue in color, in stabilized Karelian birch (nb: look the pictured above and on the previous page): when three intelligences meet: the creators: the Kennerton's team, starting with his head, the persevering DIYer, and the collector lover of fine arts. :)

Dec 12, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #4,003 of 10,121
What a coincident. I'm also waiting for the ECL-02 for my Thror.
Pads ...

Still waiting for those last few miles, I hope I get em by Christmas :)

Hello everyone.

Hard to make faster (taking into account the weekend).

Order ECL-02 pads (and spare ECL-01 pads, in reserve) at Kennerton (international website) on Wednesday, December 9 at 9:30 pm; order taken into account and shipped the next day, Thursday, December 10; package expected in France, at my home, Monday, December 14 pm.

20121202353223553817168107.jpg

ECL-02 pads for my son's Kennerton Thror.

Note: below are two comparative FR curves.

And then, soon the listening that will follow ...

20121212024623553817168023.jpg

20121212024723553817168025.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #4,004 of 10,121
Hello everyone.

After the excellent reviews (complete and detailed, with measurement curves and comparisons with other headphone) made by the reviewer Sandu Vitalie about the Kennerton Magni v3 (https://soundnews.net/headphones/full-size/kennerton-magni-review/) and the Gjallarhorn GH 50 (unmodified) headphones (https://soundnews.net/headphones/full-size/kennerton-gjallarhorn-gh50-review/), here is an equally informative review to read about the Kennerton Wodan, an open-back planar headphones.

dscf2420-2.jpg

Link: https://soundnews.net/headphones/full-size/kennerton-wodan-review-worthy-of-the-gods/

Happy reading. :)

Hey Eric,
Thanks for sharing it in here, appreciate it.
Wodan are special headphones to me, that is why I went an extra mile and added as much information as possible. In the end, I think it's my best headphone review to date...

Dec 12, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #4,005 of 10,121
Hey Eric,
Thanks for sharing it in here, appreciate it.
Wodan are special headphones to me, that is why I went an extra mile and added as much information as possible. In the end, I think it's my best headphone review to date...

Hi Sandu Vitalie.

The Wodan headphones and your excellent review of these headphones deserve an international diffusion. :)

The sublime Kennerton Gjallarhorn JM Edition headphones customized for Dave, in stabilized Karelian birch, tinted in blue color, responds perfectly to your introduction to the Kennerton brand and its CEO, Valentin, in your last review ; excellent preamble giving a lot of value to your review, by the way.

I don't know if you've heard the JM Edition version of the Gjallarhorn; I think it's worth a look, as is the Thekk.

Maybe those last headphones will one day come by for a thorough review at www.soundnews.net. I sincerely hope so.

Looking forward to reading your reviews of these headphones, for the present and the future. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back