Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Nov 22, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #3,826 of 10,065
Can I ask what DAC and AMP is everyone using and what Kennertons do they own ?
Me:
HPA- Ray Samuels Apache, Pass WHAMMY
DAC- TOPPING D90 and soon to be Okto Research DAC8 Stereo
FIIO Q5s - need suggestions
Kennerton: Gjallarhorn GH50 JM Edition, Gjallarhorn GH50 Mod, Thekk, Wodan (owned), Magni (owned)

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #3,827 of 10,065
Me:
Kennerton: GH50 JM Edition, GH50 Mod, Thekk, Wodan (owned), Magni (owned)
Kennerton: Gjallarhorn "JM Edition"
DAP: Sony NW-WM1Z (mod)
And I feel I've reached the pinnacle of sound for me. I feel I don't need anything else for good.

Nov 22, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #3,828 of 10,065
The graphs I've seen the sub bass is rolled off a bit. So I wondering if the Thror doesn't roll off in the sub bass region. For example the Meze Empyrean does low end better by quantity even the Thekk does midbass better and is more detailed. I'm just finding on some edm tracks the subass is a little weak. By the way the Thekk beats the Empyrean everywhere else.
Sounds like the Thridi is what you're after. Bass is near perfect. More sub bass than Thror and Thekk, while still having almost as much mid bass as Thekk. Fantastic, balanced sound signature. Cheers.

Nov 22, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #3,829 of 10,065
Me:
FIIO Q5s - need suggestions
Kennerton: Gjallarhorn GH50 JM Edition, Gjallarhorn GH50 Mod, Thekk, Wodan (owned), Magni (owned)
Thekk Chord Hugo TT2 with WA33 and Holo Spring KTE with Feliks Euphoria AE(for a more tube magic sound)

Nov 22, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #3,830 of 10,065
Sounds like the Thridi is what you're after. Bass is near perfect. More sub bass than Thror and Thekk, while still having almost as much mid bass as Thekk. Fantastic, balanced sound signature. Cheers.
I will try to get one.

Nov 22, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #3,832 of 10,065

I don't need anything else than my RME ADI-2 DAC fs (version 3 with AKM AK4493 and big remote) and my LSA HP-1.

Is there a Kennerton planar that play sub-bass with the characteristics of the Thekk?

I never heard the Thekk, but maybe the LSA HP-1 (made by Kennerton for LSA) could be the solution to your problem. And for half the price of a Thekk.
To simplify, the HP-1 is a Thekk with Odin/Wodan drivers.
It seems to have a lot less sub-bass roll off than the other Kennerton planars. Only 5 or 6 dB at 20 Hz.
Graph furnished by Kennerton for my HP-1 S/N LSA-016 :

FR LSA-016.jpg

A little equalization with the ADI-2 DAC, and the sub-bass response is perfectly flat.

Philippe.

Nov 22, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #3,833 of 10,065
Ditto for the Metal Symphonic genre of music with Nightwish .

The speed of Thekk (like that of the Thror) works wonders, both for drums and electric guitar; the texture of the bass is also very well reproduced; when the voice (and its spatialization), it is very well reproduced and even more natural (because fuller and less prominent in the upper mids) with Thekk versus Thror.

I love Floor Jansen in her "After Forever" era. Now with Nightwish she does a good job, but I miss Tarja Turunen so much... "End of an era" is a marvellous live show. Thanks for sharing music :)

I'm interested in Kennerton Wodan. From what I've read about them I think is a very good headphone and it's performance is near "Thekk" and "Thror" for less price.

Nov 22, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #3,835 of 10,065

Desktop:
LSA HP-1 w/ ECL-02 pads
Chord Hugo TT 2
Decware Taboo MK III

Everywhere else:
Chord Mojo
Kennerton Magni
LSA HP-2

Handful of other DACs, amps, and HPs but the Kennerton stuff has me most engaged right now (ZMF close second).

Nov 22, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #3,837 of 10,065
Kennerton Thridi
Calyx 24/192 dac or Hagel HD25 dac
Burson Soloist or Ha 160D Amplifiers

Nov 22, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #3,839 of 10,065
I tired the 2nd set of pads and found less bass but more clarity. Pads with small holes a brown bottom produce the most bass not sure which model of pad is which.

Nov 22, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #3,840 of 10,065

Users who are viewing this thread

Back