Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jun 19, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #3,001 of 10,023
Thank you for the review. I would like to ask you how is the detail and SQ between TH-900 and Gjallarhorn.
Also TH-900 have very V-shaped sound and the vocals are very from listener. What is the distance of vocals difference between TH-900 and Gjallarhorn.
Oh and in regards to Cascades, did you hear them after some 100 hours of burn in, because they have very thick bass right out of the box, but later it gets much netural, though they still stay to be very bass heavy headphones :)
Thank you.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #3,002 of 10,023
I would like to ask you how is the detail and SQ between TH-900 and Gjallarhorn.

You know, a few days ago I would answer "TH900 > Ghorn", but I replaced a custom cable yesterday and Ghorn played with new colors, SQ has increased noticeably, the sound is much cleaner and detailed. When I changed the cable for about an hour I could not stop listening to music, although I turned it on only to test.

Therefore, changing the cable can also affect the final sound.

photo_2020-06-18_21-03-26.jpg

So at this moment I can’t exactly answer your question. These two pairs of headphones are somewhere nearby.

Also TH-900 have very V-shaped sound and the vocals are very from listener. What is the distance of vocals difference between TH-900 and Gjallarhorn.

Depending on the tuning, the vocals can be very close and forward, or maybe a little out of depth. But never vocals will be pushed for other frequencies.

I forgot to attach the frequency response to my review

Screenshot at 20-37-49.png

Jun 19, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #3,003 of 10,023
@fullbass

Thanks for your review, and your impressions. They were very helpful!

This Gjallarhorn and HP-2 are really interesting headphones. If I may, could I ask some questions?

1) Is LSA the OEM manufacturer for Kennerton, or is it the other way around?
2) Is the bass on the HP-2 more thunderous than on the Gjallarhorn?
3) Which of the 2 sounds better for dance music? I typically listen to a lot of fast EDM genres, such as Gabber, Hard Trance, Happy Hardcore.
4) Which of these 2 headphones has a more pronounced v-shaped sound? I love huge bass, but I also want some hot treble to balance the sound.

For additional context - I am a huge basshead. My current favorite headphone is the TH900 Mk2; it has a distinctly wonderful v-shaped signature that is perfect for dance, IMO. It is not just about the quantity of the bass, but the depth, texture, rumble, and slam.

Your answers would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Jun 19, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #3,004 of 10,023
[IMG alt="fullbass"]https://cdn.head-fi.org/avatars/m/520/520353.jpg?1575304263[/IMG]

fullbass

LSA HP2 vs Audeze LCD-2 Closed or nighthawk by Audioquest or Dan Clark Aeon 2 closed? - your thoughts? Is it LSA HP2 a hyped up FOSTEX? or like a Beats?
If it helps, I'd rank the headphones in this manner -

1) Fostex TH900 Mk2 - Strong, well-textured bass, coupled with some sparkling treble.
2) LCD-2 Closed Back - Relatively clean-sounding, with a slight mid-bass hump. Clear, with present mids and detailed treble.
3) AEON 2 Closed - A slightly bassier version of the original AEON Flow Closed. Generally neutral sound.
4) NightHawk Carbon - Bass isn't very pronounced, but it's relatively dark and silky smooth.

Jun 19, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #3,005 of 10,023
You know, a few days ago I would answer "TH900 > Ghorn", but I replaced a custom cable yesterday and Ghorn played with new colors, SQ has increased noticeably, the sound is much cleaner and detailed. When I changed the cable for about an hour I could not stop listening to music, although I turned it on only to test.

Therefore, changing the cable can also affect the final sound.

photo_2020-06-18_21-03-26.jpg

So at this moment I can’t exactly answer your question. These two pairs of headphones are somewhere nearby.

Depending on the tuning, the vocals can be very close and forward, or maybe a little out of depth. But never vocals will be pushed for other frequencies.

I forgot to attach the frequency response to my review

Screenshot at 20-37-49.png
Interesting. The TH900 Mk2 has a +10db mid-bass to sub-bass hump, that carries the bassline very well.

I'm really interested in the HP-2 and/or Gjallarhorn, but I'd like to ensure that I'm getting a quality (and sufficient) bass response.

Thanks again!

1592580208796.png

Jun 19, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #3,006 of 10,023
Is LSA the OEM manufacturer for Kennerton, or is it the other way around?

Ask Kennerton representatives about this, I am not competent in such matters

Is the bass on the HP-2 more thunderous than on the Gjallarhorn?

Out of the box, without any tuning - yes.
I pointed out in my review that both models use the same driver, the differences are only constructive. I think that with tuning you can get the same bass as in HP-2 headphones

Which of the 2 sounds better for dance music? I typically listen to a lot of fast EDM genres, such as Gabber, Hard Trance, Happy Hardcore.

Without any tuning - HP-2

Which of these 2 headphones has a more pronounced v-shaped sound? I love huge bass, but I also want some hot treble to balance the sound.

No one. Take a look at the frequency response above. This is not V-shaped sound.
Huge bass and hot treble --> HP-2 OR after some tuning --> Ghorn as well

I am a huge basshead. My current favorite headphone is the TH900 Mk2; it has a distinctly wonderful v-shaped signature that is perfect for dance, IMO. It is not just about the quantity of the bass, but the depth, texture, rumble, and slam.

HP-2 has more slam and punch than TH-900, Ghorn with tuning also has more slam and punch

TH-900 is more balanced in comparison with HP-2. HP-2 has a less open sound than TH-900, but this sound is more killer in the lower range (bass/subbas) with solid mdrange and hot treble.

I have TH-900 too. I love them and will not sell. If you're a big basshead, then HP-2 / Ghorn (with tuning) won't disappoint you, as you can add as much bass here as you can bear.

Jun 19, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #3,007 of 10,023
1) Is LSA the OEM manufacturer for Kennerton, or is it the other way around?
The LSA HP-1 and HP-2 are manufactured by Kennerton.

Jun 19, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #3,008 of 10,023
@fullbass Thanks for the reply. That answered a lot of my questions. :)

A final question, if I may. I have a local distributor that carries a few Kennerton Audio cans, namely, the Thror, the Odin, and the Thridi. Does the Gjallarhorn sound close to any of these 3? I'm highly doubtful, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Once again, thanks!

The LSA HP-1 and HP-2 are manufactured by Kennerton.
Thanks for the help!

Jun 19, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #3,009 of 10,023
the Thror, the Odin, and the Thridi. Does the Gjallarhorn sound close to any of these 3?

nope :)

Ghorn sound close to TH-900 and so on

Jun 19, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #3,010 of 10,023
nope :)

Ghorn sound close to TH-900 and so on
Gotcha! Thanks for your impressions. Your review was also very informative.

Kennerton is a brand that I should pay more attention to. I'm officially intrigued!

Jun 19, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #3,011 of 10,023
Kennerton is a brand that I should pay more attention to. I'm officially intrigued!

If you have a chance to listen Kennerton Thekk, I highly recommend doing this

Jun 19, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #3,012 of 10,023
If you have a chance to listen Kennerton Thekk, I highly recommend doing this
I most definitely will. My first stop, after the lockdown ends, is to visit the local headphone shop to demo the aforementioned Kennerton headphones (Odin, Thror, Thridi). If I'm lucky, they might have a Thekk in store, too. :)

Jun 19, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #3,013 of 10,023
Jun 19, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #3,014 of 10,023
And Kennerton Wodan
Thekk and Wodan are best Kennertons for me

Please, do you know how is Wodan in comparison to Thekk and Thridi?

And one more question regarding the Gjallarhorn. Does stock version also have hot treble? I'm not big fan of hot treble, just nice meaty bass like Thridi has. Thank you.

Jun 19, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #3,015 of 10,023
@Bfh29 please use search in this topic and find my comments about Wodan.

Stock Ghorn have enough treble to be noticeable, but not to cut your ears.

If you think that there is meat bass in Thridi, then Ghorn and HP-2 may seem overbassed for you. Thridi has very light bass for my taste

Users who are viewing this thread

Back