Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jun 13, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #2,971 of 10,035
Not the same

I live in St. Petersburg so I just went to the guys to their workshop and bought it

HP2 < Magni in SQ

Magni is more smooth and detailed

Nope

Tell me what sound you like and I’ll try to say which model it is.
I just paid for what I thought was a better than Magni upgrade - the LSA HP2 and had it shipped for $750- thinking it was same as Kennerton Gjallarhorn and certainly I thought it was better than Magni. Are you certain the Magni is better than this LSA HP2 which is pictured here??

How much did you pay for Kennerton Gjallarhorn in Saint Petersburg factory of Kennerton?
Please help. I am so upset if The claim of HP2 is a better version of Magni and close to Ghorn is complete fabrication.

Attachments

• Untitlsed.png
    Untitlsed.png
    521.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #2,972 of 10,035
Message I received a few days ago from Kennerton :
First of all, Gjallahorn is a horn type cups, the inside geometry of the cups
is quite complicated and it differs from Magni cups.
The design is also different, the sound chamber is of another type..
It is not the matter of being better, it is just another sound.
According to some comments on Head-Fi,
Gjalahorn has more space - deeper sound-stage, more balanced sound.
HP-2 has more impact and punchier bass, thicker sound.

Jun 13, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #2,973 of 10,035
I just paid for what I thought was a better than Magni upgrade - the LSA HP2 and had it shipped for $750- thinking it was same as Kennerton Gjallarhorn and certainly I thought it was better than Magni. Are you certain the Magni is better than this LSA HP2 which is pictured here??

How much did you pay for Kennerton Gjallarhorn in Saint Petersburg factory of Kennerton?
Please help. I am so upset if The claim of HP2 is a better version of Magni and close to Ghorn is complete fabrication.
An unsolicited observation for you to consider...

Asking questions and opinions about audio is completely a subjective thing. What one person (or advertiser!) says is superior could well be inferior to others.

Judge them when they arrive.

Jun 13, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #2,974 of 10,035

Magni have better sound quality in terms of critical sound. This is a balanced, detailed sound, with excellent resolution, with very fast bass.
In this sense, Magni have a higher level in SQ, since LSA HP-2 have a tasteful, slightly colored sound with a tendency to bass, with amazing sub-bass. You see?

This does not mean that Magni are good headphones, but HP-2 is bad. For my personal preferences, I would choose LSA HP-2 too. By the way, my custom version of Ghorn has a similar sound signature as HP-2. There is a killer bass and a juicy midrange. These headphones are designed for metal and electronics.

Magni are well-rounded headphones, HP-2 are shine in modern metal and electronics.

Kennerton Gjallarhorn are somewhere in the middle between Magni and HP-2 in sound quality. This means that Ghorn have a cleaner, more detailed sound, with a much larger soundstage and better resolution than HP-2, but have a more accented powerful bass than Magni.

So if you want a middle ground, then Ghorn are your choice.

If you still want the ultimate drive, attack, meat, then choose HP-2.

If you want an all-rounded, smooth, dark sound, then this is Magni

-------

About $1000. But this is a custom version, I do not know how much the original version will cost

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #2,975 of 10,035
Magni have better sound quality in terms of critical sound. This is a balanced, detailed sound, with excellent resolution, with very fast bass.
In this sense, Magni have a higher level in SQ, since LSA HP-2 have a tasteful, slightly colored sound with a tendency to bass, with amazing sub-bass. You see?

This does not mean that Magni are good headphones, but HP-2 is bad. For my personal preferences, I would choose LSA HP-2 too. By the way, my custom version of Ghorn has a similar sound signature as HP-2. There is a killer bass and a juicy midrange. These headphones are designed for metal and electronics.

Magni are well-rounded headphones, HP-2 are shine in modern metal and electronics.

Kennerton Gjallarhorn are somewhere in the middle between Magni and HP-2 in sound quality. This means that Ghorn have a cleaner, more detailed sound, with a much larger soundstage and better resolution than HP-2, but have a more accented powerful bass than Magni.

So if you want a middle ground, then Ghorn are your choise.

If you still want the ultimate drive, attack, meat, then choose HP-2.

If you want an all-rounded, smooth, dark sound, then this is Magni

-------

About $1000. But this is a custom version, I do not know how much the original version will cost
Thank you - I will try and see. Ken from Underwood called me as well. I will do just that and post my thoughts after they arrive. Thanks again for your help!

Jun 13, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #2,976 of 10,035
Thank you - I will try and see. Ken from Underwood called me as well. I will do just that and post my thoughts after they arrive. Thanks again for your help!

Don’t worry you bought an excellent headphones. Kennerton does not produce a crap

Jun 13, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #2,977 of 10,035
Not intending to start a debate on the theoretical merits of burn-in... just wondering if there are opinions on whether Kennerton headphones benefit from burn-in. Thanks in advace!

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #2,978 of 10,035
Not intending to start a debate on the theoretical merits of burn-in... just wondering if there are opinions on whether Kennerton headphones benefit from burn-in. Thanks in advace!
Everything I read and heard from dealers and reviewers points to the drivers in all Fischer and especially Kennerton headphones (and LSA) need minium burn in of 75 hours to 150 to sound best. The drivers are stiff when new.

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #2,979 of 10,035
Don’t worry you bought an excellent headphones. Kennerton does not produce a crap
Would you say the LSA HP2 are as detailed as Sennheiser HD600? or would you say the Magni's are closer to a closed back HD600? Thanks. My LSA HP2 coming by Wednesday I think so I will of course let them play before judging but would love to hear your thoughts. I also like the Etymotic ER4P/S in ears. Did you ever try Kennerton's iems?

Jun 14, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #2,980 of 10,035
Would you say the LSA HP2 are as detailed as Sennheiser HD600?

I didn’t listen to HD600, I have nothing to say

just wondering if there are opinions on whether Kennerton headphones benefit from burn-in.

The difference as between heaven and earth. Burning-in will significantly improve the sound quality.

Jun 14, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #2,981 of 10,035
Jun 14, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #2,982 of 10,035
how does the Kennerton Gjallarhorn compare to the emu teak?

Jun 14, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #2,983 of 10,035
Jun 14, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #2,985 of 10,035

Users who are viewing this thread

Back