Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jun 11, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #2,956 of 10,023
People are sleeping on the LSA HP-1. These sound very good. They present an incredible bang for your buck and punch way above their price point.
I hope so... just ordered them pretty much as a blind purchase.

Jun 11, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #2,958 of 10,023
If you ordered them, make sure you also buy the 002 earpads! The stock pads are a little bright and unforgiving. The 002 pads give a tad more bass punch and a smoother upper mid and top end. Ask Walter about them!
Yup, ordered them as well!

Jun 12, 2020 at 7:08 AM Post #2,960 of 10,023
Jun 12, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #2,961 of 10,023
Kennerton Magni vs Ollo S4X (their top) vs new LSA HP-2 Ultra - anyone care to join in

Jun 13, 2020 at 12:10 AM Post #2,962 of 10,023
Just ordered LSA HP-2 Ultra ( Kennerton Gjallarhorn) direct from Walter Liederman - nice communication. Wish they had other colors I like dark wood for Magni's- but lets see how the sound.... can't wait! How long to ship from Hawaii to NY - anyone's guess...

Jun 13, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #2,963 of 10,023
Just ordered LSA HP-2 Ultra ( Kennerton Gjallarhorn) direct from Walter Liederman - nice communication. Wish they had other colors I like dark wood for Magni's- but lets see how the sound.... can't wait! How long to ship from Hawaii to NY - anyone's guess...
I have the HP-1 waiting in my mailbox... thinking about the HP-2so would love to hear your thoughts on the HP-2

Jun 13, 2020 at 12:17 AM Post #2,964 of 10,023
I have the HP-1 waiting in my mailbox... thinking about the HP-2so would love to hear your thoughts on the HP-2
ok you got it- will post review...

Jun 13, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #2,965 of 10,023
Jun 13, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #2,966 of 10,023
Personally, I love the Vali. (original version). Overall, it's probably my favorite headphone (and you can see the competition it's up against in my headphone inventory). It's not perfect, and I wouldn't want it as my only headphone. I wouldn't even recommend the Vali to everyone. But what it does well, it does so...damn...good. It's the best Rock headphone I've ever had, or even ever heard. It fits my sonic preferences almost perfectly: rich tonal density, fantastic punchy bass, dynamic, low-distortion clarity and--smooth top end. No treble offensiveness here. And yet still detailed. It's both non-fatiguing/easy to listen to and exciting at the same time. And the build is fantastic of course.

Is it the best Kennerton headphone? No, I wouldn't say that. Because it depends on what your sonic priorities/preferences are. I listen to a lot of Classical for instance, and I don't use the Vali for that. But for other, more electric musics, the Vali is awesome. Enjoy the variety!
Hi Arcamera,

Do you mind talking to me about the treble on the Vali? I understand that it is quite rolled off. The graph doesn't look too bad, but my concern is lack of detail.

Cheers

Jun 13, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #2,967 of 10,023
HP-2 is not equal Ghorn

HP2 < Ghorn in SQ and Soundstage
But HP2 > Ghorn in Bass and Subbass
Is that b/c the LS2 is a closed back? I need closed back. Family keeps telling me they can hear my music on my openback hp.

Jun 13, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #2,968 of 10,023
Is that b/c the LS2 is a closed back? I need closed back. Family keeps telling me they can hear my music on my openback hp.
LSA HP-2 is closed back with solid noise isolation

Jun 13, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #2,969 of 10,023
LSA HP-2 is closed back with solid noise isolation
Kennerton Gjallarhorn is not the same as LSA HP-2? Im confused. You said the
HP2 < Ghorn in SQ and Soundstage
But HP2 > Ghorn in Bass and Subbass
1) Is Ghorn the same as Kennerton Gjallarhorn ? Not same as LSA HP-2?
2) How did you order Kennerton Gjallarhorn if its not available and what price?
3) Is HP2 better than the Magni? What is better worse?
Please be as detailed as possible, thank you!
4) Also did you ever hear OLLO heaphones?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1,017.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #2,970 of 10,023
1) Is Ghorn the same as Kennerton Gjallarhorn ? Not same as LSA HP-2?

Not the same

How did you order Kennerton Gjallarhorn if its not available and what price?

I live in St. Petersburg so I just went to the guys to their workshop and bought it

Is HP2 better than the Magni? What is better worse?

HP2 < Magni in SQ

Magni is more smooth and detailed
4) Also did you ever hear OLLO heaphones?

Nope

Please be as detailed as possible, thank you!

Tell me what sound you like and I’ll try to say which model it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back