Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Apr 28, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #2,806 of 10,026
Looks very nice and similar to mine with the green stablized karalien birch finish!!
Yep ... Mine are called stabilized Karelian Birch Blue Ocean My Thekk3.JPG.

Apr 29, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #2,807 of 10,026
I listened to these headphones today

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/l...-new-planar-headphones-at-intro-deal-over-ear

These ones and closed back version.

Closed back version is absolute beast! Powerful brutal thundering bass, a lot of sub-bass, dark sound. But everything sounds great and clear. The sound is very engaging. No, this is not a boring, neutral sound. If you like metal or electronic genres, then you definitely need to hear it. Metal sounds very aggressive and spiteful, it is a very cool sound for my taste.

Open back version is more neutral, airly etc. I did not listen to them a lot, as I was passionate about the closed back version.

I would like to clarify the situation a little. Most likely you are referring to the new model of closed-back headphones that we are currently making for LSA. These are dynamic headphones, not planar ones. For the LSA, they will be called HP-2. At Kennerton, this model will appear in a different design later, under the name Kennerton Gjallarhorn. And this is the world's first true horn-type headphone... And Yes, they sound exactly as you described, I fully confirm this. This was probably the most difficult project for us, we worked on it for six months, produced and tested more than 14 different versions. And it turned out very interesting! But, again, this will be the LSA HP-2 model. Unfortunately, with our distributors, most of whom do not support us at all and are just profiteers, it is useless to do anything new now for Kennerton. It is sad, but it's so.

Apr 29, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #2,808 of 10,026
I would like to clarify the situation a little. Most likely you are referring to the new model of closed-back headphones that we are currently making for LSA. These are dynamic headphones, not planar ones.

Yes, I was a little mistaken in that I did not indicate that the closed back model (HP-2) is dynamic and the open back model is planar (LSA HP-2). But I listened to both :)

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #2,811 of 10,026
I would like to clarify the situation a little. Most likely you are referring to the new model of closed-back headphones that we are currently making for LSA. These are dynamic headphones, not planar ones. For the LSA, they will be called HP-2. At Kennerton, this model will appear in a different design later, under the name Kennerton Gjallarhorn. And this is the world's first true horn-type headphone... And Yes, they sound exactly as you described, I fully confirm this. This was probably the most difficult project for us, we worked on it for six months, produced and tested more than 14 different versions. And it turned out very interesting! But, again, this will be the LSA HP-2 model. Unfortunately, with our distributors, most of whom do not support us at all and are just profiteers, it is useless to do anything new now for Kennerton. It is sad, but it's so.
My feeling is mixed to hear that a new closed back is coming as my Magni is still on road.
The LSA HP-2 looks just like Magni, what about Gjallarhorn, any further information?

Apr 30, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #2,812 of 10,026
Yes, I was a little mistaken in that I did not indicate that the closed back model (HP-2) is dynamic and the open back model is planar (LSA HP-2). But I listened to both :)

Sounds like the open back model is a planar LSA HP-1 and the closed back is a lower priced, dynamic, horn loaded LSA HP-2 which will also soon be available as the Kennerton Gjallarhorn.

I have never heard a Kennerton model, but must say that the price point of the HP-2 looks very interesting especially in this time of high priced (some would say overpriced) flagships. In my opinion headphones with a bit of personality is not a bad thing!

Are both models only available in the wood colours shown? Do they perform better if driven balanced?

Apr 30, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #2,813 of 10,026
Sounds like the open back model is a planar LSA HP-1

You are right I am completely confused in these names. LSA need to think of more catchy names. I just listened to both models - open (planar) and closed (dynamic).

Apr 30, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #2,814 of 10,026
Do they perform better if driven balanced?

I listened LSA HP-2 (closed back) from Cayin N6II 3.5 mm unbalanced output (~220 mW) and then from desktop amp Violectric (XLR balanced), so IMO you should listen from balance if you want to get maximum pleasure, clear and transparent sound

May 8, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #2,817 of 10,026
can i ask what is the best kennerton headphone, that has solid bass, full detailed mids, and great highs, with big sound stage, that suits electronic, progressive rock, and vocal oriented music, an all rounder greatness , I had meze in the past but that was dark and not detailed , it was a mess, but it had this great big studio sound which i liked > i have he1000se which is amazing, id like to another headphone with more body and less highs a bit, it is so far my most adored headphone. Full rich sound

Last edited:
May 8, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #2,818 of 10,026
May 9, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #2,819 of 10,026
can i ask what is the best kennerton headphone, that has solid bass, full detailed mids, and great highs, with big sound stage, that suits electronic, progressive rock, and vocal oriented music, an all rounder greatness , I had meze in the past but that was dark and not detailed , it was a mess, but it had this great big studio sound which i liked > i have he1000se which is amazing, id like to another headphone with more body and less highs a bit, it is so far my most adored headphone. Full rich sound

Thekk, no doubt about it.

You also talk about the Meze (Empyrean?) which would be very good for listening to great organs from what I could hear; I listened yesterday to theToccata &Fugues by JS Bach (played by Marie-Claire Alain at the great organs) with my Kennerton Thekk (SN001), it was my best listening of this work for the right rendering of this very great instrument, in front of the Thror (too thin sound), the Odin (not enough defined sound), but also (from memory) the Audeze LCD3F and the Stax SR-009 and 007).

I also listened (and visualized) again yesterday the Live in Prague concert of hans Zimmer (the blu ray of the Concert; PCM track) with my Kennerton Thekk: idem: my best listening of this Live concert, the most natural, detailed, airy, even in front of the Thror.
The Thror lacks bass; you have to listen very loudly to compensate for the lack of bass; with the Thekk, which has more bass than the Thror (while being as detailed and textured as the Thror's), listening is more natural, more easy and less tiring, even at a realistic sound volume (of the Concert). The electric guitar is very natural, as well as the bass guitar, the cymbals (note : none of these instruments are put forward) ; the percussions (drums) are enjoyable, punchy, alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back