Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Apr 18, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #2,794 of 10,029
my order shipped, but estimate delivery is after 16.05.2020 ...that is one month:astonished:
I wouldn't hold my breath re: the date. Mine was shipped on 3/16, and this is the last update:
In-Transit
March 23, 2020 at 10:23 pm
Processed Through Facility
ST. PETERSBURG PULKOV, RUSSIAN FEDERATION

It supposedly has been in USPS customs since then.

Apr 19, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #2,795 of 10,029
Hi all.

Here is the link to an excellent review of the Kennerton Thekk, by its new owner, versus, in particular the Kennerton Thridi and the Focal Utopia.
Review written in French (note: you can of course use google translate or DeepL Translator for non-French speakers).
Also very nice pictures. :)

https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?p=5565#p5565

file.php

file.php

file.php

Apr 19, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #2,796 of 10,029
Hello Eric, as you have many Kennerton cans, how is the soundstage of the Thekk? Is the sound of the Thekk ‘in your head’ ?

To be honest, I already had a Vali that I didn’t like... sound was too much in my head and soundstage was too narrow for me : my beloved Sundara is way better, sound is more balanced, open, wider, etc

I’m debating between Thekk or a Hifiman (Arya or Jade II).

Apr 19, 2020 at 3:17 AM Post #2,797 of 10,029
Hello Eric, as you have many Kennerton cans, how is the soundstage of the Thekk? Is the sound of the Thekk ‘in your head’ ?

To be honest, I already had a Vali that I didn’t like... sound was too much in my head and soundstage was too narrow for me : my beloved Sundara is way better, sound is more balanced, open, wider, etc

I’m debating between Thekk or a Hifiman (Arya or Jade II).

Hi.

The aeration and the soundstage of the Thekk (just like the Thror's) is excellent, much better than the Odin's (nb: I know Vali less well): no feeling of confinement (which, these days, is a real advantage ... ) ; the sound stage of the Thekk, in addition to being well airy (the opposite of confined) is also very precise, well focused, and above all well proportioned between the width (good) and the depth (also good).
Compared to the Thror, the voices are a little less in the foreground with the Thekk, and even more backwards from the stage; the sound is also fuller, with more bass, with the Thekk versus Thror.

Apr 19, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #2,798 of 10,029
Apr 20, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #2,799 of 10,029
Kennerton. com is giving 10% off.
Just ordered Magni, not sure when it can deliver under current circumstance.
Good choice it´s the best non best headphone out there. Sum of all parts. In parts all my other headphones is kind of better in certain areas.

Apr 23, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #2,801 of 10,029
Apr 28, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #2,802 of 10,029
I wouldn't hold my breath re: the date. Mine was shipped on 3/16, and this is the last update:
In-Transit
March 23, 2020 at 10:23 pm
Processed Through Facility
ST. PETERSBURG PULKOV, RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Mine is in that state and have not been updated since 4/18, guess that still a few more weeks on road...

Apr 28, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #2,803 of 10,029
I listened to these headphones today

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/l...-new-planar-headphones-at-intro-deal-over-ear

These ones and closed back version.

Closed back version is absolute beast! Powerful brutal thundering bass, a lot of sub-bass, dark sound. But everything sounds great and clear. The sound is very engaging. No, this is not a boring, neutral sound. If you like metal or electronic genres, then you definitely need to hear it. Metal sounds very aggressive and spiteful, it is a very cool sound for my taste.

Open back version is more neutral, airly etc. I did not listen to them a lot, as I was passionate about the closed back version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back