KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread
Jul 5, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #1,156 of 1,358
Hi all! I just picked up a pair of M200's from Kef Direct for $79.00 shipped. I'm looking forward to doing a little review of them.

Great price. Thanks for this.  Ordered one as well.  Sound stage on these is incredible to say the least.  Brand new with the new comply tips from the source with an awesome price to boot. Glad to own this gem again.  The remote is one of the very few where the volume up/down works with Android, not just iOS.

Jul 5, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #1,157 of 1,358
Have been able to listen to my kef almost 2 years after i bought them because of fit issue i barely used them. I put spinfit tips on them cp100 large size and yes they sounds very good.

Jul 5, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #1,159 of 1,358
I like its sound signature best, even better than HD600.​

Wow! That's saying something. I have been enjoying my Andromedas but want something that I can take with me anywhere without stressing over damage or loss without compromising sound quality. Hopefully the M200 will be just what I was looking for. I had owned them before and loved them for their almost neutral warmish sound.

Jul 5, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #1,160 of 1,358
Wow! That's saying something. I have been enjoying my Andromedas but want something that I can take with me anywhere without stressing over damage or loss without compromising sound quality. Hopefully the M200 will be just what I was looking for. I had owned them before and loved them for their almost neutral warmish sound.

Exactly. It's neutral and warm sound is so lovely! I just don't know why few people hyped this great product from KEF!

Oct 10, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #1,161 of 1,358
Excited to have just ordered an open-box set of M200's from Amazon. I'll post impressions once they're burned in!  

popcorn.gif

Oct 20, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #1,168 of 1,358
According to the Comply web site, the 500 series tips will fit the M200's. Has anyone tried these, or do any of you have alternative tip suggestions?
Thanks!

They fit but you have to stretch them open with needle nose pliers first.

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #1,169 of 1,358
They fit but you have to stretch them open with needle nose pliers first.

Gosh, that's a lot of effort. Is it worth the trouble? Or is there some other, alternative tip that I should try? I am loving the M 200's and I actually get a better than decent seal with the largest size tips. But I would still like to find something that gets a bit of a better grip on the ear canal.

Thank you.

Oct 20, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #1,170 of 1,358
  Gosh, that's a lot of effort. Is it worth the trouble? Or is there some other, alternative tip that I should try? I am loving the M 200's and I actually get a better than decent seal with the largest size tips. But I would still like to find something that gets a bit of a better grip on the ear canal.

Thank you.

So far the Complys are the only ones that really work for me so yeah it was worth it.  It's pretty easy to do if you have some small needle nose pliers lying around.  The stock tips just won't stay put in my ears.  I've also tried Ultimate Ears UE900 tips and they work well...they are very stretchy so there's no problem getting them on the M200's nozzle.  But I prefer the Complys. 

UE will sell you a complete set of tips for about $10 if I recall correctly.  They were available on their website at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back