KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Jan 4, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #1,186 of 2,441
Someone must be playing a trick on me. Somehow, my Believe must have been switched out without me noticing (joking), b/c it now sounds very different (NOT joking)! I liked the Believe since I first listened to them, but there were 2 things that bothered me about it, and it seemed the hype was starting to get just a bit too much. I find the mid bass a little too much, with too much resonance. Over time, it seems to be improving a little, and just minimal EQ works wonders for it. The second, and more significant issue wasn’t so much a fault, but was rather something I hoped it would have more of. The soundstage has always been really wide, but it lacked depth, layering, instrument separation, and precise instrument placement. The imaging was a bit lacking, at least compared to other great IEMs such as the NM2+, let alone something like the MEST. I only recently decided to try the stock tips, the wide bore red colored tips. I actually just used the ones that came attached, medium size I think, even though I usually use the largest size. I just inserted them deep. Wow! I always knew tips can make a big difference, but not this much.

Now the imaging is amazing! Depth and layering is very good, and imaging actually can form a 270 degree circle around me on some tracks. I can pick out each discrete instrument, or at least grouping easily. Live concerts really sound incredibly live, with people sometimes coughing behind me (hopefully pre-COVID). Every minute detail is audible, and sometimes they really catch me by surprise. To sum up, I lost a lot of sleep last night b/c I couldn‘t stop listening to music with the Believe. It was like being in a concert. I think it is approaching MEST levels of imaging!

Sorry if this sounds like hyperbole, but I’m just giving my honest opinions about an IEM that I liked, but almost wrote off.

Ear tips I previously tried included: Final E tips, Sedna Earfit Light Short tips, Sedna Earfit Regular tips, ePro horn tips, ADV Eartune U elliptical tips, SpinFit CP145 tips, Foam tips.

Oh hey, we both tried a few of the same tips before reaching the conclusion that the included red ring silicones are the best for the Believe. I find the Believes have quite good layering but only AFTER I tried the Final E tips then Dekonis and then finally, the stock tips haha.

Jan 4, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #1,187 of 2,441
Oh hey, we both tried a few of the same tips before reaching the conclusion that the included red ring silicones are the best for the Believe. I find the Believes have quite good layering but only AFTER I tried the Final E tips then Dekonis and then finally, the stock tips haha.
Maybe it‘s mind training, or mind games? ”In order to achieve the ideal sound, one has to try these specific aftermarket ear tips, in this order, THEN start using the stock ear tips. If you follow these exact instructions, then audio nirvana will be achieved.“ :joy: :ksc75smile:

Jan 4, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #1,188 of 2,441
Maybe it‘s mind training, or mind games? ”In order to achieve the ideal sound, one has to try these specific aftermarket ear tips, in this order, THEN start using the stock ear tips. If you follow these exact instructions, then audio nirvana will be achieved.“ :joy: :ksc75smile:
Haha! It could very well be. STILL sounds better to me though, so even if its placebo...
ignorance_is_bliss_matrix.gif

Jan 4, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #1,189 of 2,441
Someone must be playing a trick on me. Somehow, my Believe must have been switched out without me noticing (joking), b/c it now sounds very different (NOT joking)! I liked the Believe since I first listened to them, but there were 2 things that bothered me about it, and it seemed the hype was starting to get just a bit too much. I find the mid bass a little too much, with too much resonance. Over time, it seems to be improving a little, and just minimal EQ works wonders for it. The second, and more significant issue wasn’t so much a fault, but was rather something I hoped it would have more of. The soundstage has always been really wide, but it lacked depth, layering, instrument separation, and precise instrument placement. The imaging was a bit lacking, at least compared to other great IEMs such as the NM2+, let alone something like the MEST. I only recently decided to try the stock tips, the wide bore red colored tips. I actually just used the ones that came attached, medium size I think, even though I usually use the largest size. I just inserted them deep. Wow! I always knew tips can make a big difference, but not this much.

Now the imaging is amazing! Depth and layering is very good, and imaging actually can form a 270 degree circle around me on some tracks. I can pick out each discrete instrument, or at least grouping easily. Live concerts really sound incredibly live, with people sometimes coughing behind me (hopefully pre-COVID). Every minute detail is audible, and sometimes they really catch me by surprise. To sum up, I lost a lot of sleep last night b/c I couldn‘t stop listening to music with the Believe. It was like being in a concert. I think it is approaching MEST levels of imaging!

Sorry if this sounds like hyperbole, but I’m just giving my honest opinions about an IEM that I liked, but almost wrote off.

Ear tips I previously tried included: Final E tips, Sedna Earfit Light Short tips, Sedna Earfit Regular tips, ePro horn tips, ADV Eartune U elliptical tips, SpinFit CP145 tips, Foam tips.
@IEMusic Your ears are yours, nobody is playing tricks😊

Jan 4, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #1,190 of 2,441

The Borgs have taken over and the process of assimilation has began!

Jan 5, 2021 at 5:32 AM Post #1,191 of 2,441
I just received my 11.11 order of KBear 2 core UPOCC cable and a pair of Tri Starsea. The cable is genuinely one of the best I own, lovely feeling and well made. It's my main 2pin cable now. I've not opened the Starsea yet because I ordered so many earphones on 11.11 that I am considering returning them, I went a bit overboard.
Don't return them, they are amazing!

Jan 5, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #1,192 of 2,441
I have found the same thing to be true with the KBEAR Diamond, the wide bore grey and red tips work best.

Jan 5, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #1,193 of 2,441
Don't return them, they are amazing!
I agree. The Tri Starsea are a fantastic IEM. They are better, IMHO, than many more upmarket IEM's. A little time to break in, a little brain burn in, some mental salt and pepper and spices and it's one of the best value IEM's on the market.

Jan 5, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #1,194 of 2,441
I'm considering getting the believe, however still not sure whether I will find them sibilant or shouty? I am super sensitive to both and find things like the blon bl01, bl-03 shouty and hard to listen to at higher volumes. How would these compare?

Jan 5, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #1,195 of 2,441
Just received a package from KB Ear Official Store.

Limpid (non pro) 4 core 99.99% Silver cable 4.4mm. Nice and soft, not overly microphonic (unless you forcefully drag against it).

Moondrop S8 is the intended IEM. No sound impressions, just a comment on how well made this sub $20 cable is IMHO. I might have found my new cable supplier?

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #1,196 of 2,441
I'm considering getting the believe, however still not sure whether I will find them sibilant or shouty? I am super sensitive to both and find things like the blon bl01, bl-03 shouty and hard to listen to at higher volumes. How would these compare?

I find the Believe to be smoother than the BLON BL01 though the BL01 never bothered me.

Jan 5, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #1,197 of 2,441
Just received a package from KB Ear Official Store.

Limpid (non pro) 4 core 99.99% Silver cable 4.4mm. Nice and soft, not overly microphonic (unless you forcefully drag against it).

Moondrop S8 is the intended IEM. No sound impressions, just a comment on how well made this sub $20 cable is IMHO. I might have found my new cable supplier?

For me KBEAR makes some of the best value cables in the IEM realm. They are very soft very well made and beautiful.

Jan 5, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #1,198 of 2,441

Arw you going to be amping it? If not, then don’t get it. If so, what amp will you be using?

Jan 6, 2021 at 1:17 AM Post #1,199 of 2,441
I just received my 11.11 order of KBear 2 core UPOCC cable and a pair of Tri Starsea. The cable is genuinely one of the best I own, lovely feeling and well made. It's my main 2pin cable now. I've not opened the Starsea yet because I ordered so many earphones on 11.11 that I am considering returning them, I went a bit overboard.
You just now received it? How long does it typically take?

I placed an order in December and it's through customs but is just sitting in a partner shipping facility.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back