KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Jan 3, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #1,171 of 2,441
Hey I was just joking, but I admit that my smiley at the end was not a clear indication of this :) I am sure there are many who take this seriously.
Sorry, I missed the joke, b/c it sounded like a reasonable comment. Good one tho :thumbsup:.

Still waiting for the midbass to settle a little more.

Jan 3, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #1,172 of 2,441
For me not only does the driver need to free up, the brain needs a period of adjustment as well. then there is the issue of synergy with the source. once all those things line up I get a better idea of what the set I am listening to is capable of.

as for an OEM asking for burn in time from the consumer...
If it that important, do it in the factory before you ship
Good point, wish they would indicated that on manual instruction if they have not.

Jan 3, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #1,173 of 2,441
I’m not sure. I usually give my IEMs time, but don’t necessarily keep track of number of hours. This would have nothing to do with break-in though, b/c I noticed the big difference in sound immediately upon switching ear tips.

Yeah, it totally caught me by surprise. It sounded good already, but was kind of flat and boring, regardless of source and amp power.

This doesn’t happen. Breaking in the driver is getting it to mechanically “loosen-up” and settle in to it‘s intended state after initial manufacturing. That‘s different that shaking off a few cobwebs. It‘s like not revving up a new car’s engine to redline for the first couple thousand miles, to let the engine break-in. If you then don’t drive it for a prolonged period of time, you don’t need to do the same thing again, for such a long duration. It will settle back in quickly.
It might be a adherence thingy. Being a full BE ,it might be 200hrs or more if I might guess.

Jan 3, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #1,174 of 2,441
7872D999-4AA2-4F42-8355-DFE9536CF0C8.jpeg

Jan 3, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #1,176 of 2,441
haha, banned indicated🤣

Jan 3, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #1,177 of 2,441
Jan 3, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #1,179 of 2,441
I just received my 11.11 order of KBear 2 core UPOCC cable and a pair of Tri Starsea. The cable is genuinely one of the best I own, lovely feeling and well made. It's my main 2pin cable now. I've not opened the Starsea yet because I ordered so many earphones on 11.11 that I am considering returning them, I went a bit overboard.

Jan 3, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #1,180 of 2,441
I just received my 11.11 order of KBear 2 core UPOCC cable and a pair of Tri Starsea. The cable is genuinely one of the best I own, lovely feeling and well made. It's my main 2pin cable now. I've not opened the Starsea yet because I ordered so many earphones on 11.11 that I am considering returning them, I went a bit overboard.
KB rhyme best bang for buck, I have reservations on the 2 cores though, is that nylon sleeved?

Jan 4, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #1,185 of 2,441
Someone must be playing a trick on me. Somehow, my Believe must have been switched out without me noticing (joking), b/c it now sounds very different (NOT joking)! I liked the Believe since I first listened to them, but there were 2 things that bothered me about it, and it seemed the hype was starting to get just a bit too much. I find the mid bass a little too much, with too much resonance. Over time, it seems to be improving a little, and just minimal EQ works wonders for it. The second, and more significant issue wasn’t so much a fault, but was rather something I hoped it would have more of. The soundstage has always been really wide, but it lacked depth, layering, instrument separation, and precise instrument placement. The imaging was a bit lacking, at least compared to other great IEMs such as the NM2+, let alone something like the MEST. I only recently decided to try the stock tips, the wide bore red colored tips. I actually just used the ones that came attached, medium size I think, even though I usually use the largest size. I just inserted them deep. Wow! I always knew tips can make a big difference, but not this much.

Now the imaging is amazing! Depth and layering is very good, and imaging actually can form a 270 degree circle around me on some tracks. I can pick out each discrete instrument, or at least grouping easily. Live concerts really sound incredibly live, with people sometimes coughing behind me (hopefully pre-COVID). Every minute detail is audible, and sometimes they really catch me by surprise. To sum up, I lost a lot of sleep last night b/c I couldn‘t stop listening to music with the Believe. It was like being in a concert. I think it is approaching MEST levels of imaging!

Sorry if this sounds like hyperbole, but I’m just giving my honest opinions about an IEM that I liked, but almost wrote off.

Ear tips I previously tried included: Final E tips, Sedna Earfit Light Short tips, Sedna Earfit Regular tips, ePro horn tips, ADV Eartune U elliptical tips, SpinFit CP145 tips, Foam tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back