KB EAR Audio impressions thread
Jan 6, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #1,201 of 2,441
Lark has a loud and pleasant voice. It is said that Mongolians regard it as a sacred bird and believe it can bring good luck and hope. According to the legend, Genghis Khan's birth and enthronement are both related to it. In addition, it also symbolizes wealth. There is a saying that Lark sings for the sky, and can bring about boundless wealth. It sings well and represents many auspicious connotations among Chinese folks.

Happy New Year to all of you! Just stay healthy, happy and sound! :ksc75smile:

lark 7.jpg

Jan 6, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #1,203 of 2,441
Can anyone clarify the cable pin polarity on the Believe? There seems no wording or markings on the driver itself which way. There is a blue mark on the cable though. Are we to assume that the blue mark on the cable is to be facing the L/R on each shell marking? It seems that is the natural positioning/curve of the cable and plugs in that way and playing them sounds like that is the correct position but want to be sure it's wired that way internally also.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #1,204 of 2,441
Can anyone clarify the cable pin polarity on the Believe? There seems no wording or markings on the driver itself which way. There is a blue mark on the cable though. Are we to assume that the blue mark on the cable is to be facing the L/R on each shell marking? It seems that is the natural positioning/curve of the cable and plugs in that way and playing them sounds like that is the correct position but want to be sure it's wired that way internally also.

Thank you.
As long as you hook the left and right cables up the same way, you’re fine. The ear loop does guide you though, as there is only one way to plug them in that works with the ear loops. Standard 2 pin polarity would have the marking on the plug face down.

Jan 6, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #1,205 of 2,441
As long as you hook the left and right cables up the same way, you’re fine. The ear loop does guide you though, as there is only one way to plug them in that works with the ear loops. Standard 2 pin polarity would have the marking on the plug face down.

Ok thank you. So then I was correct. The blue marking is to face the L/R on the shell. Most companies have a marking on the shell to indicate a match to the cable so that after market cables may also be connected the correct way also since you can confirm the polarity. I will be going to a balanced cable and want to be sure it will be plugged in correctly. So on my set it seem the correct polarity seems to be:

The blue marking on the cable is negative, the other is positive obviously. So that means if someone like me wants to use a balanced cable, you want to be sure you have the polarity correct on another cable so that the negative pin is toward the L/R and the positive is the back on the IE.

Snap3.jpg

Thank you.

Jan 6, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #1,207 of 2,441
Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #1,209 of 2,441
What are the different tips that come with the Starsea? There seem to be the same sizes in a few different coloured silicone rings

Tips included in the Starsea are:

1) 2 types of foam tips - foam tips in general tend to tame treble, so good if you are treblesensitive or the IEM is too bright. I tend not to use foams cause they disintegrate very fast and don't have as long lifespan as silicone tips (ie need to be replaced and this adds to costs). YMMV.

2) 3 types of silicone tips (each comes in S/M/L sizes). One type comes in black with a wider bore and is filmsier. The other 2 types (red and green) are firmer with a narrower bore and between them, they have slightly varying ear tip diameters. Do tip roll to see what suits you best in comfort and sound signature, but I generally found the wider bore black ones to boost treble, whereas the narrower bore ones boosted the bass. I preferred the firm green narrower bore ones overall, as I found they gave the thickest note weight. YMMV as we have different ear anatomies.

Ok thank you. So then I was correct. The blue marking is to face the L/R on the shell. Most companies have a marking on the shell to indicate a match to the cable so that after market cables may also be connected the correct way also since you can confirm the polarity. I will be going to a balanced cable and want to be sure it will be plugged in correctly. So on my set it seem the correct polarity seems to be:

The blue marking on the cable is negative, the other is positive obviously. So that means if someone like me wants to use a balanced cable, you want to be sure you have the polarity correct on another cable so that the negative pin is toward the L/R and the positive is the back on the IE.

Snap3.jpg

Thank you.

For straight 2 pin connectors if they have a dot on the cable, as long as the dots are both facing the same direction, you should be in phase. For those with a cable earhook guide, then the cable can only go in one way based on the hook going over your ear.
If there's no dots or you are unsure then here's a link to test if your set is in phase or out of phase:

It's quite obvious if u are out of phase, the music sounds weird and as though it is coming from behind the ears. If u are out of phase, just reverse one side's cable pin direction and u are good to go.

Jan 7, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #1,210 of 2,441
TRI Starsea--Reminiscent of Romantic Love!

Look at this charming picture! It is like a sea full of stars!
TRI STARSEA.jpeg

When it comes to stars, people may think about some beautiful and spetacular scenes. Maybe a universe or sky with countless stars, then many poetic sentences come out to depict the scene or manifest some related emotions, like this one "All stars in my eyes are you, nothing about wind, moon and rain", which means no matter in a windy or rainy day or moon night, the entire world is all about you, expressing a romantic love to someone!
starsea-romance.jpg

The Valentine's Day is coming soon! Is there someone you want to give the stars? :wink::wink::wink:

starsea 3.jpg

Jan 7, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #1,211 of 2,441
Lark has a loud and pleasant voice. It is said that Mongolians regard it as a sacred bird and believe it can bring good luck and hope. According to the legend, Genghis Khan's birth and enthronement are both related to it. In addition, it also symbolizes wealth. There is a saying that Lark sings for the sky, and can bring about boundless wealth. It sings well and represents many auspicious connotations among Chinese folks.

Happy New Year to all of you! Just stay healthy, happy and sound! :ksc75smile:

lark 7.jpg
That's a coincidence! I am listening to the Lark right now. With Kinboofi mauve 16 core cable, they sound excellent!
IMG_20210107_123739.jpg

Jan 7, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #1,212 of 2,441

TRI STARSEA.jpeg

When it comes to stars, people may think about some beautiful and spetacular scenes. Maybe a universe or sky with countless stars, then many poetic sentences come out to depict the scene or manifest some related emotions, like this one "All stars in my eyes are you, nothing about wind, moon and rain", which means no matter in a windy or rainy day or moon night, the entire world is all about you, expressing a romantic love to someone!
starsea-romance.jpg

The Valentine's Day is coming soon! Is there someone you want to give the stars? :wink::wink::wink:

starsea 3.jpg
I've been buying HiFi for a very long time. My first car 8 track was in the 1960's and I haven't stopped buying HiFi since then. So to me, IMHO, the TRi Starsea is the most underrated IEM amongst my 45ish IEMs. It has everything I like in an IEM. It's a great product.

Jan 7, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #1,213 of 2,441

TRI STARSEA.jpeg

starsea-romance.jpg

starsea 3.jpg
You have a poetic heart Wendy. The best kind of heart to have. Mix 1 part...poetic heart, 1 part....compassion, 1 part....kindness, 1 part....joy for others good fortune, 1 part....of seeing the equality of all beings, and one part....of being 'here and now', take many times a day and you will be healthy in a very special way.

Jan 7, 2021 at 11:01 PM Post #1,214 of 2,441
You have a poetic heart Wendy. The best kind of heart to have. Mix 1 part...poetic heart, 1 part....compassion, 1 part....kindness, 1 part....joy for others good fortune, 1 part....of seeing the equality of all beings, and one part....of being 'here and now', take many times a day and you will be healthy in a very special way.

:wink: Hi Steve, thank you so so so much! It is very nice to know and chat with you!

Jan 7, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #1,215 of 2,441
I've been buying HiFi for a very long time. My first car 8 track was in the 1960's and I haven't stopped buying HiFi since then. So to me, IMHO, the TRi Starsea is the most underrated IEM amongst my 45ish IEMs. It has everything I like in an IEM. It's a great product.

I am really exciting to hear such kind words! :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back