Kanye West is a douche.
Sep 16, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #76 of 132
Kanye West is an absolute miserable excuse for a human. He is a talentless whiner that, somehow, has a career. His "apology" and performance on Leno underscores my thoughts. He pretty much cried during his interview, and my schadenfreude was on full blast. I loved every second of it. A crazy person banging on a trashcan should have gotten a record deal before him.

I think what Obama said about Kanye was classic. Off the record or not, it had to be said, and I respect Obama for not being "P.C." and saying what he thought.

Sep 16, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #77 of 132
This is why Barack Obama is already a legend.

And that is an awesome shirt.

Sep 16, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #78 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kanye West is an absolute miserable excuse for a human...

That's extreme to the point of being laughable. He has a big mouth and he is often a jerk in public. That hardly makes him a miserable excuse for a human being.

The insect who kidnapped that 11 year old girl, repeatedly raped her, and kept her like a farm animal for 18 years, now that's a miserable excuse for a human being. I think your sense of proportion is a bit off.

Quote:

...A crazy person banging on a trashcan should have gotten a record deal before him.

Again, this thread has gotten way over the top. He is a good MC, he's written some strong, insanely hooky material, and he is a very good record producer. Love him or hate him, this is not some manufactured teen-pop drone we are talking about.

Enough piling-on already!

Sep 16, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #79 of 132
I just love it. Kanye West interrupted a country singer's thank you speech during an award ceremony, just to give some praise to another video, and now the whole world is speaking of his stunt. Even the president of the USA has been quoted on the subject. "Healthcare... Kanye... Healthcare..." Those are the priorities.

Now, considering that Mr. West is known for this kind of behaviour in the past, and that his image as an artist very much revolves around an inflated ego and disrespecting the competition, I ask you this: Who benefits from all this?

Has Kanye West's reputation been dragged through the mud? Are all of his former loyals now shunning him because of a newfound empathy towards country artists and their emotions? Or are they probably having a good laugh thanks to another display of irreverent attitude and perfectly timed shock value?

I think it's hilarious. Not what Kanye West did, but all this moralizing afterwards. Who cares about what a millionaire brat gets to say on an empty award ceremony? Aren't there more important things to be shocked about? Are Kanye West's sales skyrocketing as we speak? Who is a marketing genius?

Sep 16, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #80 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's extreme to the point of being laughable. He has a big mouth and he is often a jerk in public. That hardly makes him a miserable excuse for a human being.

Quote:

Again, this thread has gotten way over the top. He is a good MC, he's written some strong, insanely hooky material, and he is a very good record producer. Love him or hate him, this is not some manufactured teen-pop drone we are talking about.
Enough piling-on already!

Nope, In my opinion, he serves no purpose in this world. Every chance he gets, he bitches about something. He is never satisfied with what he has, whether it is fame or fortune or friends. He has the biggest ego this side of "Macca", and he makes a living producing and being involved in garbage "music". I cannot see one positive quality about him. Does he head or at least donate to a charity. He seems to flash his riches around based on his attire, so surely he can do something positive to give his life meaning.

Quote:

The insect who kidnapped that 11 year old girl, repeatedly raped her, and kept her like a farm animal for 18 years, now that's a miserable excuse for a human being. I think your sense of proportion is a bit off.

It would be off topic, but let's just say that Kanye got off easy with my characterizations compared to that animal. My proportion is not off. Kanye is a miserable excuse for a human, but the character you mentioned is that much worse.

Sep 16, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #82 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Comfy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ironic.

Oh, ouch.

Is that my cue to shut up and admit that I am over the line in character judgments? I guess if you want to call my disdain for a rich man's frequent temper tantrums "bitching", well, I cannot stop you, but please do not confuse me with someone who will bow down to "gotchas" in an attempt to convince me that all I do is complain.

It is interesting that you agreed with me in the "Pitchfork" thread, but then you post this.

Sep 16, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #85 of 132
Quote:

Oh, ouch.

Yes, your comments on this Kanye thing are completely disproportionate. You might have a point, but it's hard to skim through all that angry ranting to find it.

There is usually more than one side to any given story, and it's generally useful to improve your signal/noise ratio.

Sep 16, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #86 of 132
Quote:

Yes, your comments on this Kanye thing are completely disproportionate. You might have a point, but it's hard to skim through all that angry ranting to find it.

Could you, perhaps, find a fault in my reasoning? Is he not a spoiled bratty whiner? Does he do anything positive for himself or others? Is he not completely out of line in this latest stunt?

Let's face it, my objection to him is more of the culmination of all the crap he has done. If you want to call that angry ranting, so be it, but when idiots like him are rich beyond their dreams and hard-working professional people are just scraping by, perhaps my comments might be a little justified.

Quote:

There is usually more than one side to any given story,

Oh, I'd really like to hear what you think the other side to this story was.

Quote:

and it's generally useful to improve your signal/noise ratio.

My post history is yours for browsing. I have nothing to prove to you.

Sep 16, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #89 of 132
Quote:

Let's face it, my objection to him is more of the culmination of all the crap he has done. If you want to call that angry ranting, so be it, but when idiots like him are rich beyond their dreams and hard-working professional people are just scraping by, perhaps my comments might be a little justified.

If you are implying that Kayne's behaviour is a contributing factor to the destruction of the middle class as we know it, then yes it is disproportionate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back