Kanye West is a douche.
Sep 18, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #121 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Comfy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"I'm happy for you, and Imma let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time. Of all time."

I don't think there is anything particularly offensive about that comment. The whole scene was a breach of protocol, but many good things are a breach of protocol. Like stage diving. Or eating wedding cake with your hands.

If instead of that fragile looking little country girl the interrupted person had been Kid Rock or Fifty Cent or Marilyn Manson, we all would have laughed. Now you're letting your hormones do the thinking, so the cute country girl merits a full blown witch hunt.

He did it probably because he has a thing for Beyonce, and the fact that Taylor Swift isn't really going to fight back. He wouldn't dream of doing it to Fifty Cent or Marilyn Manson.

But the point is not what he said when he grabbed the mic. The point is that he took away her moment. How often does one win a VMA? Not to mention that's her first time, she will never win VMA for the first time again, and he spoiled that moment for her.

Sep 18, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #124 of 132
Oh, I see. The Video Music Awards. It's like the Oscars for 3 minute promo flicks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He did it probably because he has a thing for Beyonce, and the fact that Taylor Swift isn't really going to fight back. He wouldn't dream of doing it to Fifty Cent or Marilyn Manson.

This kind of proves my point. It's the Shining Armoured Knights of E-Honor coming to the rescue of My Fair Lady. Damn you Black Knight! Damn you to hell! Everything's a Hollywood movie in La La Land...

Sep 18, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #126 of 132
I guess it wasn't his first time but his apology in the Jay Leno show, he looked fairly sincere.

Sep 18, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #127 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But the point is not what he said when he grabbed the mic. The point is that he took away her moment. How often does one win a VMA? Not to mention that's her first time, she will never win VMA for the first time again, and he spoiled that moment for her.

Well said.

Sep 19, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #128 of 132
Kanye West is an idiot. I'm not saying he can't sing but jumping up on stage during anybody's act is so basic and so stupid that it makes you wonder if the guy is missing a chromosome. You can get so informal and so caught up in the party that you forget basic manners. MTV's awards show has, for years, banked on petty scandal so much so that it's getting hard to tell the difference between it and high school, but Kanye managed to make himself the icon for idiot losers everywhere.

Sep 19, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #129 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess it wasn't his first time but his apology in the Jay Leno show, he looked fairly sincere.

I don't doubt the sincerity of his apology (or the pain of having to sit there while Jay Leno asks him what his dead mother would have said) but who wouldn't be pained after pulling a stunt like that and having the whole world laugh at you?

Is Kanye sincerely sorry? I should hope so. Who would want to be the meme of the month? How do you live down something so utterly imbecilic?

Sep 19, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #130 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kanye is a killer producer and makes some great music.

Eh, can't say I've ever heard anything by him. Don't have much desire to seek him out, either.

As for the whole "controversy," I think Obama got it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back