K-ON!! and J-Music Disscussions
Aug 21, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #17 of 243
K-On's mixes are very hot, even in verses where it shouldn't be. It's unbearable on my K701, and don't let Mio mislead you into buying them! :wink: I'm working on a collab project with other online band members and I'm in charge of the mixing, mastering, and production for the song "Don't Say Lazy." We'll be using the original acapella vocals I've extracted. That's the beauty of remixes. You get to listen to your favorite artist(s), and recreate it entirely the way you want it. Less compression, more dynamics for me.

Aug 21, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #18 of 243

Quote:
Anyone know what amp Mio uses? Does she drive her K701's to their full potential? 
biggrin.gif

Disappointingly, she always played it directly out of the headphone jack of her laptop.

There's a scene in Rosario+Vampire II where one of the bad guys listens to the K701's out of a DAP.  So you see headphones underdriven in manga/anime.  I see headphones around the neck of characters far more than their heads.  In Shaman King, I don't even remember the main character even having his headphones plugged in once.

Aug 21, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #19 of 243
and no im not buying the K701
its too expensive and too hard to drive for me..

and i seen in one scene that she uses probably ipod earbud with her discman

Aug 21, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #21 of 243
thats cute..
but idk about the sound quality on those..

how about the XB700 for k-on songs?

Aug 21, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #24 of 243

Quote:
i quite dont like the old school looks of grado..

makes me look very old

I'm under 20 and grados don't make me look old. I think they look very classy, in fact, I think that the high models (wood and aluminum) look downright professional looking. It's all about perspective though.

Aug 21, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #25 of 243
What vintage headsets/headphones look like Grados?  The only vintage stuff I've seen looks more like my 7509HD than anything else I have or had.

Aug 21, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #27 of 243

Quote:
I bought them because I saw them in K-on!

deadhorse.gif
 I'm kidding. I hope you did plenty of research because ↓

Quote:
I guess the producers didn't research well enough.
k701smile.gif

So KyungMin, how did you like them? Amped right? It's ironic. She plays the bass but doesn't amp these cans. As a result the bass department is nearly non-existent.

Aug 21, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #28 of 243
for someone who uses the K701 lol

and yeah some of the K-ON! songs are pretty much lacks in bass guitar department..
i have to EQ'd the hell out of them to actually hear what the bass guitar is playing
but in the end it just makes the sound worse..
and im using the CX300 which is a bass heavy phones

Aug 22, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #29 of 243
I can hear K-On's bass lines just fine. The CX300's are bassy, but they're often bloated and inaccurate

Grados or the MS-1's are a good choice, even if Utauyo's so badly recorded that the cymbals sound like a screen door

Aug 22, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #30 of 243
LOLz!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back