K-ON!! and J-Music Disscussions
Aug 20, 2010 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 243

AhokZYashA

100+ Head-Fier
hello head-fiers..

ive been a long reader here..

and have a few questions.
1. what type of headphones are Mio using with her laptop?
2. and what is the best headphone to use for listening to all K-ON!! songs..

i leaning towards the M50?
or is there any better suggestion for the price?

thanks 

Aug 20, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #4 of 243
2. The Stax SR-007 maybe? Or any favorite headphone of yours...

Meaning there are no "best" as there is many different preferences out there.
wink_face.gif

Aug 20, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #6 of 243
Yup...solely because of K-On! I've considered buying a pair of K701's, but been able to curb that compulsive fanboy urge so far. 
smile.gif

As for best headphone for listening to them, krmathis is right that it really depends.  Personally, I would think twice about using phones that you consider "bright", but I also find that kind of sound signature fatiguing.  Some of the songs from K-On! seem to be mixed a little hot, IMO, so I think a Grado would put me in pain.  Like Utauyo!! Miracle has a lot of guitar noise and treble in it, not to mention Yui's voice is not what I consider "smooth".  Some folks might really like the brightness though, so maybe for them a Grado would work fantastically.

I use Yuin PK1's at work and usually LCD-2 at home if I'm listening to K-On!...or anything else for that matter.

Aug 20, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #7 of 243
Since K-ON! is a (fictional) female rock band, you might want to look at headphones that go well with rock and female vocals. I think M50 is a nice all-round choice for any type of music and is an excellent bang for buck (even more so if you are in the USA).

Anyone know what amp Mio uses? Does she drive her K701's to their full potential? 
biggrin.gif

Aug 20, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #10 of 243

Quote:
I guess the producers didn't research well enough.
k701smile.gif

A little ironic given how many little allusions to musicians and the industry they have in the series.  Names (bands and characters) and a bunch of other stuff contain stuff that easily could be really obscure references that I only realized after reading some wikis and stuff.  Course, there's nothing that says a hard core music enthusiast has to be an audiophile or anything.

Aug 20, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #11 of 243
There's supposedly one episode where you an see her source: a Discman. Don't know what model but that won't be surprising to those who'd pay upwards of $100 for one of the better models in good condition.

Aug 20, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #12 of 243
SR80i or MS1i

I'd personally recommend SR325is 
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 20, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #13 of 243
sorry, forgot to mention max budget is US$150

so far i've been listening to their songs from a nokia 5800 and a CX300
and im kinda missing the details.

and i cant find anything from grado other than SR60, SR80 and HF-1 here.

Aug 20, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #15 of 243
Alessandro MS1i is the other one I'm recommending.  Also produced by Grado Labs.

You haven't used the search bar at the top of every page? lol
You will find plenty of opinions for and against Grados, so your best bet is to try a pair and see for yourself.  I think you'll love their energetic presentation with K-On!, among other stuff; I know I do. 
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back