JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Mar 22, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #1,561 of 1,936
Quote:

Ha! That post shows them on the fxd80, but not how you got them on lol!

I don't have the sony hybrids any more, but I do have gr07 hybrids, but there is NO way they are getting onto the 70's. I just tried getting the mh1c tips onto the 70's, and that is an exercise in futility as well. I have no idea how you did that.

Well, just push real hard(HARDDD!) till they lock into place.

That picture shows the large hybrids on my fxd80, but that was back then. Now I have the medium on.

Mar 22, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #1,562 of 1,936
Quote:

Well, just push real hard(HARDDD!) till they lock into place.

That picture shows the large hybrids on my fxd80, but that was back then. Now I have the medium on.

Here's a pic: sony mh1c tip on the left and tdk eb750 tip on the right...

They both sound quite different, but both are sounding rather awesome. And wow, those mh1c tips transform the 70's into bass monters lol!

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #1,563 of 1,936
Quote:

Here's a pic: sony mh1c tip on the left and tdk eb750 tip on the right...

They both sound quite different, but both are sounding rather awesome. And wow, those mh1c tips transform the 70's into bass monters lol!

Now hold your iem upright, like how they're like on the picture and use your thumb and press down hard on the tips.

Should be harder to get the mh1c tips to fit flush with the nozzle compared to the hybrids.

-----

I'm kinda tempted to pick up the fxd70. Amazon japan is selling them for like... 38 bucks?

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #1,565 of 1,936
^ yeah, I'll for sure destroy the tip if I try mashing it on together it flush. I care for those tips, so I'll try later with other less loves tips.

BTW, I am trying them at the gym. Were they really designed to stay in the ears?

Mar 22, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #1,566 of 1,936
Quote:
^ yeah, I'll for sure destroy the tip if I try mashing it on together it flush. I care for those tips, so I'll try later with other less loves tips.

BTW, I am trying them at the gym. Were they really designed to stay in the ears?

Come again WAYNE, they are IEMs no, meaning "IN EAR MONITORS", so i assume they are meant to be designed to stay "in" the ears. Not sure what you meant by this tbh.
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 22, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #1,567 of 1,936
Sorry, I was just getting frustrated at the gym, because the left driver kept working its way out of my ear. Didn't seem to matter if worn over ear or not. The good news is that they sound great with the mh1c tips when they are nicely in the ears :)

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #1,570 of 1,936
I've got a pair of white FXD60s sitting in a Japanese warehouse somewhere waiting to ship alongside (Alert! Pencil-Fi!) some Hi-Unis and Mono 100s.

Re: Insertion: In the past when IEM tips keep falling out, I'd just assume I didn't insert properly and stick them in harder/pull my ear upwards/whatever. I just assumed I'm a size-M guy.

But slowly all the M ones began to...well...not fit, so I moved to the small tips, and surprisingly several of them seal fine. My default go-to silicone tips has moved from Sony Hybrid M to Sony Hybrid S with the IE8 as the sole exception it does great on the M size. I'm sure a lot of this has to do with how my hand inserts each IEM and how the design of each IEM change the way my hand exerts the insertion force.

With the small tips come deeper insertion, every IEM I own take on a little more resemblance to the top-mounted driver design.

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #1,572 of 1,936
After being held up at the post office for a bit (seriously, signature required on a $70 item?) I got my 80s in last night. Obviously they haven't burned in yet, but I gave a little listen anyway. Very impressed with the soundstage, which is basically my lifeblood. It never felt cramped, though presentation was vaster on some tracks and more intimate on others than what I'm used to from my EPHs. For instance, Ballake Sissoko & Vince Segal's 'Houdesti' is a track which really 'does it' for me as far as gauging soundstage and imaging. While the strings definitely felt 'placed,' I didn't have the head-turning moment that I've had with this track before. Perhaps, however, I'm just becoming jaded. Other tracks opened up to whole new depths, however, such as Russian Red's 'Timing is Crucial,' which absolutely melted me. Granted, Lourdes Hernandez' voice has that effect no matter what, but this was a whole new level of melt.

Fit is definitely weird on these. My ears are small and seemingly not very similar to each other, so fit tends to be tricky for me in general. I could not for the life of me figure out what to do with the goofy strain reliefs on the 80s. I would love to wear them cable up, but there's just no way to get the cable to stay over my ear it seems. Cable down is fine, but they have a weird Frankenstein's monster jutting-out about them. 

All in all, I feel like these punch way above their price, and after a bit more burn in I look forward to running them through their paces during my commute.

Apr 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #1,575 of 1,936
Quote:

The pencils disappointed me, but I'm quite happy with the FXD60. 20-30 hours into the burn right now. If budget allows I might even grab a pair of the 80s later in the year. :p

That's a shame - I haven't found other super soft leads I've been happy with myself, but that's more my concern. Much like the JVCs might not be great for everyone, but they've got that wild soundstage, which is all I need (keeping it on topic, here 
wink.gif
). Been alternately remembering and forgetting to leave mine playing, my burn-in tunes have been more along the lines of Seth Horvitz's humanly impossible pieces for automatic piano.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back