JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Jun 30, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #422 of 1,936
Not sure about the pricing of these, is $109 with free shipping a good deal or can one do much better?

HA-FXD80

Jun 30, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #423 of 1,936
Quote:
Not sure about the pricing of these, is $109 with free shipping a good deal or can one do much better?

HA-FXD80

That's not bad at all.

Jun 30, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #424 of 1,936
Quote:

HA-FXD80

Found on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/f-s-JVC-HA-FXD80-Z-Dynamic-Closed-Canal-Earphone-NIB-Gun-Metallic-/180917200725?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2a1f816755

Be warned, seller contacted me after I bought it, and mentioned that economy shipping can take up to a month, that is the free shipping. EMS is an extra 10 and will get you the earphones within a week or so.

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #425 of 1,936
Quote:

Well since a burn-in cult is incepting surrounding these... which burn-in tracks are you guys using?  I always wanted to make a 16bit/192kHz track, to burn-in the 20kHz-96kHz area, even though we can't hear it, it should still 'decrystallize' the driver or whatever is supposed to happen and annoy dogs.

Try this link.. http://www.bassdrivearchive.com/flashme/   This is from the FX40 thread. I use a 5 hour Drum n Bass compilation. It just beats the poo out of them drivers. Works better than any other method I have used. 
Quote:
Found on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/f-s-JVC-HA-FXD80-Z-Dynamic-Closed-Canal-Earphone-NIB-Gun-Metallic-/180917200725?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2a1f816755

Be warned, seller contacted me after I bought it, and mentioned that economy shipping can take up to a month, that is the free shipping. EMS is an extra 10 and will get you the earphones within a week or so.

I am convinced they do that so you can get suckered into getting a more expensive shipping.. Standard air shipping from Japan only takes a week or two at the most.

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #426 of 1,936
I used the cheaper free shipping and my pair arrived in less than 10 days.

I used a combination brown, pink, white noise, with drumming and cymbals track with 15 minutes of silence set to loop for burnin. I also don't have the guts to crank the volume as high as dsnuts. I listen to regular music and set the volume to a level that starts too get uncomfortable then switch to the burnin track.

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #427 of 1,936
Oh believe me these Carbon Nanotubes can take it. I have a basic rule of thumb on the burn in. I first listen to them. I crank up the volume to a nice high level @ 70% max volume and then take it out throw just a bit more and it is done. I get every single one of my headphones and earphones loose this way. There was a guy that used pink noise to try n burn in the FX40 on the other thread and it didn't work for him so I suggested that link. Beat heavy drum n bass just seems to work no matter how stiff the drivers are.

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #428 of 1,936
Quote:

Well since a burn-in cult is incepting surrounding these... which burn-in tracks are you guys using?  I always wanted to make a 16bit/192kHz track, to burn-in the 20kHz-96kHz area, even though we can't hear it, it should still 'decrystallize' the driver or whatever is supposed to happen and annoy dogs.

Yeah, what Dsnuts linked, but if you don't like leaving the pc, or laptop on, you can just find drum and bass tracks on google or youtube and adding them all up. That's what I used to do it along with some rock songs and pop. 

Posted by Dsnuts
Oh believe me these Carbon Nanotubes can take it. I have a basic rule of thumb on the burn in. I first listen to them. I crank up the volume to a nice high level @ 70% max volume and then take it out throw just a bit more and it is done. I get every single one of my headphones and earphones loose this way. There was a guy that used pink noise to try n burn in the FX40 on the other thread and it didn't work for him so I suggested that link. Beat heavy drum n bass just seems to work no matter how stiff the drivers are.

I should have asked, but do you only do the high volume method on these JVCs?

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #429 of 1,936
I don't think Drum n Bass would work as well on normal to low sound levels.. The whole idea is the flex them drivers and the added volume will chisel them drivers into shape. There is no one specific way to burn in earphones but my method just works well for me and knock on wood I have never damaged any of my earphones that way. If anything they all sound way better with what I use.

Jun 30, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #430 of 1,936
Quote:
Found on ebay:

Your starting price is still good for ebay. I went for the EMS shipping. Months too long. I'll be onto the next FOTM by then .... 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 30, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #432 of 1,936
Just put an order in for fxd80 on amazon jp to tenso :)

Jun 30, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #433 of 1,936
Jun 30, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #434 of 1,936
Quote:
What was the final price using the tenso service with shipping?

Haven't been invoiced yet, they do that once the amazon package arrives to them. From their website though it'll cost £16 for their fee + EMS. So ~£64 total, vs ~£77 from ebay that was linked earlier + EMS option. Not sure if it'll get through customs without charges but if I get charged, will probably end up the same as ebay (provided that seller will mark the value down) but at least Amazon is a more reputable source.

Jun 30, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #435 of 1,936
Update on EMS service to the States. It's like ONE DAY to get from Japan to New York City. Details, most recent on top:

Processed Through Sort Facility
Jun-30-12, 16:08 PM, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Processed Through Sort Facility
Jun-30-12, 01:54 AM, NAGOYA, AICHI

Acceptance
Jun-29-12, 16:11 PM

Awesome! Looking forward to getting these before July 4th. 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back