JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Jun 29, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #406 of 1,936
Quote:

Expect it!

wink_face.gif

Really, FlySweep? Lofty claim!...lol... but you haven't really let me down in your sound descriptions yet (maybe one or two things, but that probably was more about it not being a sound signature I liked than your description being off).

So finally, mine FXD70 and FXD80 should be in the mail. Buying and shipping combined for both hit my pockets at $185 (I probably could have gotten $20 knocked off of that if I weren't being lazy and did some more work in finding them on my own). Based on what some of your are saying about the sound and build quality, however, I may still have gotten a good deal for both pairs. I hope to have some initial impressions by the end of next week.

Jun 29, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #407 of 1,936
Quote:
  Reading this, I suggest given the chance to hear the SRH-1440 you would be smitten. I feel the FXD80 is balanced and the 1440 is tipped upwards in the mids. But I LOVE the 1440 and only LIKE the 1840/FXD80 :). I am tempted to try the CKM500 as I suspect the mids will be more to my liking, but if the bass is stronger than FXD80 which are on the cusp of being to much for me I probably wouldn't be happy.

I'll try the 1440 one of these days; I definitely liked the 1840 quite a bit. However, yes, the CKM500 has quite a bit more bass than the FXD80. I don't think it's all that well controlled, either. The FXD80 is also at my limits for bass. For IEMs, the CK100PRO probably comes closest to my ideal FR response, if it was able to tame a few of the treble spikes it had.

Jun 29, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #408 of 1,936
Quote:

I'll try the 1440 one of these days; I definitely liked the 1840 quite a bit. However, yes, the CKM500 has quite a bit more bass than the FXD80. I don't think it's all that well controlled, either. The FXD80 is also at my limits for bass. For IEMs, the CK100PRO probably comes closest to my ideal FR response, if it was able to tame a few of the treble spikes it had.

I agree, which is why meelec tips were bought so the bass could be tamed as some forum members said the bass gets weaker, the mids and highs get better and the soundstage gets wider, I'll test it out later as I got the tips today.

Jun 29, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #412 of 1,936
OK these definitely change as they burn in. The bass has almost completely settled down after a second night of burnin, the mids are also changing a bit I don't have time to try to determine exactly how or how to articulate the changes aside from saying they sound a bit fuller, the treble is also a bit less harsh.

I was wondering about this when I posted earlier but was not in a position to liten critically but there is definitely more change from yesterday.

The sound of these now lie in between my SRH-1440 and SRH-1840. tomscY2000 suggested a small u shape to the sound of these which I identified with. These seem to be losing that somewhat, I want to see how they continue to develop.

Jun 29, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #414 of 1,936
Jun 30, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #415 of 1,936
Quote:
I concur . With burn in.

Been burning mine for 100+ hrs now, ...have resisted stealing a listen, like some chastity sort of thing, but I've noticed that the 'sound' (without putting them in my ears) have gotten louder and more pronounced.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to inserting them in for the first time tonight, feels like a bridegroom on the wedding night ! ....I'm so excited I could pee !
biggrin.gif

Will report back on all the juicy details, later.

Jun 30, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #416 of 1,936
Originally Posted by Ghostfit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to inserting them in for the first time tonight, feels like a bridegroom on the wedding night ! ....I'm so excited I could pee !
biggrin.gif

LMAO.. great post.  Hahahaaaa.  Close your eyes, children.. the follow-up post might be NSFW?

tongue_smile.gif

Jun 30, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #417 of 1,936
When mine show up, I'm going to disappear into the bathroom with the packaging and lock the door. 
wink.gif

Jun 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #418 of 1,936
Quote:

biggrin.gif

That's...what..she...said

Jun 30, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #419 of 1,936

Well since a burn-in cult is incepting surrounding these... which burn-in tracks are you guys using?  I always wanted to make a 16bit/192kHz track, to burn-in the 20kHz-96kHz area, even though we can't hear it, it should still 'decrystallize' the driver or whatever is supposed to happen and annoy dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back