JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Jun 24, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #1,786 of 1,936
  Hello all,

I have bought JVC ha-Frd80. I have some problems with fitting. I used to have brainwavz m2 and now currently have ATH cks-90 . but The metal tip of JVD iem seems too big in my ear. S and M silicone tips seem not to be comfortable enough in my ear channel. it hurts within minutes. I try to use the L tip but it also hurts and It does not fit very good. I had to push it through my ear channel and it hurts after an hour. I tried to use the over ear, but it did not work well either. any recommandations for memory foam tips? complys or any other cheap foams?
Thank you for keeping this forum. 

Try bi/tri flanges if you have any. My soundmagic biflanges fit perfectly.

Besides that, you've always got comply.

Currently, I'm sporting some large sony hybrids. You gotta kinda stretch it to make'em fit, but once they're in they'll stay.

Jun 24, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #1,787 of 1,936
  Hello all,

I have bought JVC ha-Frd80. I have some problems with fitting. I used to have brainwavz m2 and now currently have ATH cks-90 . but The metal tip of JVD iem seems too big in my ear. S and M silicone tips seem not to be comfortable enough in my ear channel. it hurts within minutes. I try to use the L tip but it also hurts and It does not fit very good. I had to push it through my ear channel and it hurts after an hour. I tried to use the over ear, but it did not work well either. any recommandations for memory foam tips? complys or any other cheap foams?

try out the mod i did in the youtube video above its near the end of the video

Jun 24, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #1,788 of 1,936
Thank you . But I do not have alternative tips to try your mod..
  try out the mod i did in the youtube video above its near the end of the video

Thank you. Where can I get bi/tri flanges?
  Try bi/tri flanges if you have any. My soundmagic biflanges fit perfectly.

Besides that, you've always got comply.

Currently, I'm sporting some large sony hybrids. You gotta kinda stretch it to make'em fit, but once they're in they'll stay.

I have ordered memory foams from ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321040110591?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I hope this works...

Jun 24, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #1,789 of 1,936
Hello all,

Reversed comply t400 works great.

Jun 30, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #1,793 of 1,936
please help me I'm a noob guys

I've recently purchased a pair of HA-FXD80 and I noticed that the volume is greater on the right earbud, does this normally happen?
It's been bothering me quite a lot, I swapped the left and right ear bud and confirmed that it's the earbuds and not my ears.

Jun 30, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #1,795 of 1,936
  please help me I'm a noob guys

I've recently purchased a pair of HA-FXD80 and I noticed that the volume is greater on the right earbud, does this normally happen?
It's been bothering me quite a lot, I swapped the left and right ear bud and confirmed that it's the earbuds and not my ears.

Sounds like channel imbalance. You should seek a refund or exchange from the seller.

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #1,797 of 1,936
  Thank you . But I do not have alternative tips to try your mod..

Thank you. Where can I get bi/tri flanges?

I have ordered memory foams from ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321040110591?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I hope this works...

The memory foams came from ebay. the large ones are nice. now I can listen without my ear hurting due to tip not fitting my ears. I have burned in for around 2 weeks with 8 hours per day. I may have pumped up the volume too much at times... Is there a way I can find out if I had harmed this IEM? 

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #1,798 of 1,936
Can anyone help me out? I'm debating on getting the sony mdr xb50 or the ha fxd70 or 60. So far I like the sound signature of the mdr xb700. Took out the fabric from the xb700 and they seem to open up a bit. Also with the xb700 I have the high end frequency 8-16k on the equalizer set to +6 db, 1k-4k to +3 db and everything else flat.

Jul 8, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #1,799 of 1,936
From what I gather, xb50 lacks some mids and treble. While the fxd series seems to have a better treble and mids while still having decent bass. I would say the fit will be the most different aspect of the two

Jul 8, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #1,800 of 1,936
Thx for the help but how good is the bass. I like a lot a bass can sacrifice a little in the high frequency. I feel like its easier to equalize the high end rather than the low end. Dang since they only sell the fkd lines in japan it takes 2-3 weeks. Such a long wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Back