JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Mar 28, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #1,756 of 1,936
Just some advice for if anyone goes to Japan..

The FXD80-Z are not so expensive in .. At KS Electronics they retailed about 6600¥ whereas at Yamada Denki they didn't have the FXD80's at all (only everything up to the FXD70's) but I was told that if I wanted to order a pair they would cost about the same. It would be better to purchase a pair for Amazon at about 3800¥. I was able to get another pair for my brother as well amounting to 7200¥ (less than a some people pay for a pair of the same pair of IEMs on ebay or whatnot). They are definitely legitimate because the seller is JVC themselves and it comes in 2 days after order (even on weekends
smile.gif
)

Apr 6, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #1,757 of 1,936
even though this thread has been pretty dam quiet lately i figured id post some odd impressions (good odd)

i currently own the jvc fxd 80s (the remote version)

and i used them on my ipod touch with fiio e6 

this was the second night i tried this just to make sure before i post anything

i tried the fxd 80s with the eq 3 on the fiio e6 (blue one)

the sound signature really similar to my vmoda m100s (yea the over ear headphones thats been highly rated over head fi)

now i usually never use any eqs mind you but this time its mindblowing

the treble is a bit more brighter > m100 the bass had a bit more midbass punch and the mid range is a a bit more clinically analytic clear, yet a bit unnatural

but i spent 50$ on it plus the 30$ on my fiio e6 = 80$! compare the $339 i spent on my m100s!

thats ridiculous!!!

the eq 2 adds enough bass punch to it making the bass less thin ( still tight and great extension down there), now its thick enough helping with the overally clear midrange (giving it some warmth) the mid treble is a bit bright now but still has great extension without any siblance!

still keep that v shape sound signature but its punching soo far above its weight now its utter spectacular!

wow thats insane how great of a value the jvcs are! i thought they were good before now, i know i will be getting another pair if these break! (cross fingers doesn't happen, the build is very nice mind you)!

the vmoda m100s are going back to the store now! =) save some money that way now! 

Apr 7, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #1,759 of 1,936
So

Has anyone figured out a way to clean the damned filters?

My frd80z's have started to sound kinda muffled (could be placebo, but I think I'm hearing fewer details) and I can see that some of the holes on the earpiece are clogged.

How close up to the nozzle is the driver? Its not safe to just poke the holes with a needle, right?

Apr 24, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #1,760 of 1,936
Hi first time poster, long time lurker. I got the JVC FXD70s, love them. Only problem is the stock tips are not very comfy. So I got the sony hybrid tips which are amazing and very very comfy.

Only problem is after 2 weeks or so of use the tips have a tendency to just slip off. I think maybe they got stretched out? Getting them to fit on these JVCs was tough.

Anyone have any ideas as to 1) how to prevent this or fix this from happening or 2) any other recommendations for more comfortable tips that fit these better than the sony hybrids?

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #1,761 of 1,936
  Hi first time poster, long time lurker. I got the JVC FXD70s, love them. Only problem is the stock tips are not very comfy. So I got the sony hybrid tips which are amazing and very very comfy.

Only problem is after 2 weeks or so of use the tips have a tendency to just slip off. I think maybe they got stretched out? Getting them to fit on these JVCs was tough.

Anyone have any ideas as to 1) how to prevent this or fix this from happening or 2) any other recommendations for more comfortable tips that fit these better than the sony hybrids?

Really? The JVC tips that come with the FRD80 are some of the most comfortable tips I've shoved into my ears (comparable to comply foams and those Kilpsch ones). I don't really know how many tips would work for these. Maybe try Monster? I know they make a micro driver IEM so they should have some tips that fit these, As well as Yamaha. If you're willing to put up with them, try to see if any of the foam tips fit. Personally, in your situation, I'd just stack up on the Sony hybrid tips since those worked so well.

May 18, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #1,768 of 1,936
Hats off to JVC though for kicking off this whole carbon nanodriver craze. Their potential has finally been realized with the Tenore.

May 18, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #1,770 of 1,936
They don't, carbon nanotubes are just a gimmick, they all suck ime. Either they used too little of the material and is coated in mostly plastic, or the implementation is horrid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back