JVC/Victor FX700 - The Successor (early Easter Bunny brought something very nice!)
Feb 16, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #1,636 of 1,764

Quote:
But shouldn't the presentation focus more on the right side after the switch, if the phones were the culprit? Or am I getting you all wrong?

Well its strange the problem doesn't seem to be nearly as apparent with them switched? I'm lost here. I all know is when wearing them regular I can hear the difference an comparing it to my IE80s and even full size cans it just sounds off. Wearing the right side with a looser fit seems to help but I'm still baffled by the difference?

Feb 16, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #1,637 of 1,764
Well, that's why I asked, because it may be fit-related then. I had a similar problem some time ago (with the DDMs, IIRC), where it turned out that the tip opening was unfavorably angled against my ear canal, but only on one side.

Feb 18, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #1,638 of 1,764
Well, I've used them at work the last two days and no shocks. Maybe that first time I had them in in such a manner that that metal ring towards the front was making contact with my skin. I really have no idea how static electricity works. lol. If this stays the course these will be my work IEMs, as I find the lack of isolation and ease of popping them in and out to be pretty convenient for that environment.

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #1,640 of 1,764
HI, I currently own the FX-700 and am loving the sound signature, and now am wondering if amping it would make it even better? Im looking at the meier 2stepdance right now. Does anyone here have any experience with the synergy between this amp and the fx-700?

Mar 13, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #1,644 of 1,764
Sony hybrid tips have a smaller opening so it constricts the sound. Who knows you may like that though as some do. I use V-Moda tips from amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Replacement-Silicone-V-MODA-V-moda/dp/B002X866S2/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=miscellaneous

Mar 15, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #1,645 of 1,764
I always preferred Sony Hybrids (Large ones specifically) which is possibly due to large cap circumference that the soundstage becomes more larger and bigger imaging to me ears.

And i noticed that the shure short extension does change the sound, but in a positive sense to my preference, it further smoothens and cuts down the last bit of grunge in the treble which is already more or less smoothened to a certain sense.

Although hardcore treble-heads may not like this very minor change.

Mar 15, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #1,646 of 1,764
I did some research and sent someone who's had both the monster and hybrids a pm, ended up going with the hybrids. about the cable, is it just me or does it have horrible stereophonics? joker claimed it didn't, but whenever I move my head and the wire hits my face I can hear noise.

Mar 16, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #1,650 of 1,764
For those that have heard both and had proper fits with both. Would you recommend the FX700 or the EX1000? I currently own the MDR7550 and like them alot. My concern is whether I would find the EX1000 a significant enough of an upgrade (or more of a side grade as I like midrange of the 7550 which I believe is more accentuated than the EX1000). Then comes the FX700 which I have toyed with buying several times as I like what I have read about low volume listening. How do the two compare sound stage wise as well as I love a big sound stage? Orrrr should I be looking at the Westone 4 perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back