JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100
Aug 23, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #421 of 663
  I really doubt that. They were just pushing them pretty hard at my local Yodobashi Camera shop a couple months back, passing out flyers for seminars etc. I cannot see them discontinue something so popular.

What's your source?

Seminars? Seriously? What do they do there?

Source is trusted vendor but he couldn't verify it either hence why I said rumours and asked if anyone can in fact verify.

Aug 23, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #422 of 663
No idea what they do.I think it was a discussion about audio equipment, and audio characteristics or something. But the flyer had JVC logos and "WOOD" plastered all over it with pictures of the FX1100.

Also, anyone know how the heck I unscrew the metal part? I can't seem to get it off with my fingers.

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #423 of 663
Well, fairly good news regarding my busted FX1100. I checked the JVC Japan website and it turns out they have a walk-in service/warranty/repair center within walking distance of my apartment. Literally 10 minutes on foot.

So I'm gonna drop in there on Tuesday and see if they will fix or replace them. 

Sep 3, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #426 of 663
  You banged up trying to perform the mod?

I couldn't get the back metal part unscrewed, even biting it with my teeth haha.

Mine broke because of excessive humidity and sweat exposure.

If the repair center turns me down, I'll give it another shot.

Sep 15, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #427 of 663
3 new Wood IEM models have been announced for October release, as well as a new dual 3.5mm balanced connector for the new SU-AX01 amp. The IEMs are now under the premium "S-Class" brand, and are also advertised as in-ear versions of the recent SW01/02 headphones rather than upgrades of the FX line. They are now FW01/2/3. From the impressions, it seems as though they retain the trademark bass that was missing from the wood headphones.

JVC: FW01FW02FW03SU-AX01

AV Watch: New woodAmp
Phileweb: New woodAmp

Sep 15, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #428 of 663
I guess that more or less confirmed that the older series are being discontinued. *calls source to arrange for demo of new wood series*

Great... now I can't wait to give the FW01 and FX1200 a side by side comparison. Not quite a fan of the 'JVC' logo at the back panel though.

Sep 16, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #429 of 663
Yeah, those FW01 are available here for pre-order on Amazon.jp

They will be released October 14.

53,692 yen at the moment.

I'm tempted, but I'm going to try and get my FX1200 repaired/replaced first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back