JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100
Aug 13, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #391 of 663
wow, just picked up ha-fx1100 on a way back home here in yodobashi hakata (special price ¥34800 - maybe upgraded version coming soon?). can't believe iems could sound this good - even straight from my iphone 6s. :) where do i go from here if i want to upgrade to "better" iems with similar sound signature? :)
u can try the campfire audio Andromeda

Aug 13, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #392 of 663

thank you, HamsterKing. i think i'll enjoy the fx1100 for some time now - the andromeda is about 4.5x more expensive here in japan.

btw. the sq of fx1100 is improving nicely - the change is even noticeable the first couple hours out of the box. nice - i'm impressed.

interestingly enough these jvc fx1100's sounded tonally much fuller / complete compared to final heaven vi - i was basically deciding between those 2 (hooked to chord mojo). i'm so glad i picked the jvc's. hehehehe - and about 1 week ago i was similarly happy after getting the onkyo e700m. hehehe if i continue like this - in couple weeks i'd be getting the focal utopia. hope it won't end up like that - at least not that fast... thank you head-fi! :D

Aug 13, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #393 of 663
thank you, HamsterKing. i think i'll enjoy the fx1100 for some time now - the andromeda is about 4.5x more expensive here in japan.

btw. the sq of fx1100 is improving nicely - the change is even noticeable the first couple hours out of the box. nice - i'm impressed.

interestingly enough these jvc fx1100's sounded tonally much fuller / complete compared to final heaven vi - i was basically deciding between those 2 (hooked to chord mojo). i'm so glad i picked the jvc's. hehehehe - and about 1 week ago i was similarly happy after getting the onkyo e700m. hehehe if i continue like this - in couple weeks i'd be getting the focal utopia. hope it won't end up like that - at least not that fast... thank you head-fi! :D
about the price yap it's way more expensive than the fx1100 and compared to the fx1100 it's lighter and more comfortable in my opnion and I dont know how to explain the sound yet as I'm quite new to audio but it's better xD

Aug 13, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #394 of 663
wow, just picked up ha-fx1100 on a way back home here in yodobashi hakata (special price ¥34800 - maybe upgraded version coming soon?). can't believe iems could sound this good - even straight from my iphone 6s.
smily_headphones1.gif
where do i go from here if i want to upgrade to "better" iems with similar sound signature?
smily_headphones1.gif

lol, you just got them and already looking for an upgrade? The only other IEM I've come to enjoy more than my FX-1200(in terms of sound) so far are the Fitear MH334.

Aug 13, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #395 of 663

try fidue Sirius

Aug 13, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #396 of 663
thank you very much everybody for suggestions. looks like one has to invest about 3-4x more to get any significant improvement. i will try to listen to the suggested upgrades when i get a chance - but currently really enjoying my brand new fx1100's.

Aug 13, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #397 of 663
  thank you very much everybody for suggestions. looks like one has to invest about 3-4x more to get any significant improvement. i will try to listen to the suggested upgrades when i get a chance - but currently really enjoying my brand new fx1100's.

I had these and sold them and will buy again this week. You will not get any significant upgrade in timbre,mids,soundstage ...at any price. If you wanna enjoy the adventure..yada yada yada....then indeed proceed.
If the quality of the reproduction (sound) is the point then slow your roll
tongue.gif

If J.V.C sent these gems to 30 reviewers or toured them they would be one of the top IEM on this site. My biggest brain fart in personal audio was selling these for a loss and now gonna buy them again for full price...doh!
confused.gif

Aug 14, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #400 of 663
Had the pleasure of listening to the Noble K10U and Katana today. While both are excellent IEMs in terms of detail, the FX1200 still trumps them by leaps and bounds when it comes to timbre, bass and bass detail, mids, texture and musicality. 

Aug 16, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #401 of 663
Had the pleasure of listening to the Noble K10U and Katana today. While both are excellent IEMs in terms of detail, the FX1200 still trumps them by leaps and bounds when it comes to timbre, bass and bass detail, mids, texture and musicality. 

I enjoy my fx1200 more each day especially with the vorzuge pure II..i've always wondered why all the big review sites such as in ear space, headfonia, headfonics or the headphone list never reviewd the jvc fx1200..for such a competant iem i think would warrant a detailed review at least..

Aug 16, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #402 of 663
I enjoy my fx1200 more each day especially with the vorzuge pure II..i've always wondered why all the big review sites such as in ear space, headfonia, headfonics or the headphone list never reviewd the jvc fx1200..for such a competant iem i think would warrant a detailed review at least..

If a company doesn't send them free stuff they don't review it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back