JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100
Jan 3, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #31 of 663
Thank you Jelt for the inputs.
Appreciate it!

Cheers mate

Quote:
  Hi Canadian,

The JVC and CKR10 are both warmer signatures, so I think CKR9 (I have not heard the limited edition) is more different if you want a different flavour. The CKR9 were brighter, had better clarity, and had good punchy bass. The CKR10 is warmer and has a smaller, more intimate soundstage- certainly smaller than the JVC. 

Jan 4, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #32 of 663
Hi vegasf1
Overall For heavy Metal and hard Rock is JVC HA FX 1100 ( Japan Edition ) or HA FX 1200 ( International Edition )
Because :
Metal , Heavy Metal and Hard Rock are like Rock Concert big soundstage , tall and thick attack with bass and guitar
And Drums dead center .
As Very convincing live show
IMO

I guess I'll have to buy them. Especially for the ML size tips.  I hope that tip fits me as I'm in between a M and a L.

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #33 of 663
Hi there,

i can get the x850 for £175 or the fx1100 for £350,- then add another 20% import tax.

is the price difference really worth it?!

I would appreciate any help

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #34 of 663
Hi there,

i can get the x850 for £175 or the fx1100 for £350,- then add another 20% import tax.

is the price difference really worth it?!

I would appreciate any help

I bought from Japan JVC FX 1100 about $ 520 USD including shipping from japan to Indonesia
You need friend from Japan , that help you to buy from japan shop

Jan 6, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #35 of 663
I bought from Japan JVC FX 1100 about $ 520 USD including shipping from japan to Indonesia
You need friend from Japan , that help you to buy from japan shop

Just ordered them from here as they're at a decent price and i have eBay buyer protection (important to me). They look legit from a reputable ebayer?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271718405104

I would find it hard to believe that someone would go to the effort to make a fake wooden earphone as it would be almost impossible to replicate such a quality item? will keep you updated when they arrive :)

I am coming from a pair of atomic floyd super darts so the comparison will be interesting... :D

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #38 of 663
Hi Michael
This JVC HA FX 1100 is like Kaede 1 , with slightly less brightness but with better bass detail and impact .
Please see our impression below

Rudi I am stunned by the Kaede comparison, you are highly respected on headfi,  so would really like you to expand on that statement.  As IMO Kaede along with Lab 1 and a small handful of other earphones are very magical and hard to even be in the same arena with. 

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #41 of 663
I hope the fx1100 is a huge improvement over FX700.
Even after modding the FX700 as described, I cant listen to it anymore. 
Its so congested.

Im really pondering to receive the fx1100 and put it to sell :frowning2:

Jan 9, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #42 of 663
Rudi I am stunned by the Kaede comparison, you are highly respected on headfi,  so would really like you to expand on that statement.  As IMO Kaede along with Lab 1 and a small handful of other earphones are very magical and hard to even be in the same arena with. 

Hi
Kaede and JVC FX 1100 share the same characteristics where they have wide and deep soundstage like open headphones. Kaede focus more on resonance, decay and clarity in upper registers, bass is more raw. 1100 has polite and sweet treble, wide soundstage, lots of texture bass
They are not the same but they are great in their own qualities

Jan 10, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #44 of 663
Seems like the j444 mod has become quite popular and I'm getting frequent questions on where to find instructions, so I've added a link to my signature.

Clicking on that link will take you to the original post.
smile_phones.gif

Jan 10, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #45 of 663
Hi
Kaede and JVC FX 1100 share the same characteristics where they have wide and deep soundstage like open headphones. Kaede focus more on resonance, decay and clarity in upper registers, bass is more raw. 1100 has polite and sweet treble, wide soundstage, lots of texture bass
They are not the same but they are great in their own qualities

Thanks Rudi - looks like another one on the list for me then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back